Egret 1 monitor problem (Nanao 29" dual res)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maxlords

Egret 1 monitor problem (Nanao 29" dual res)

Post by maxlords »

Ok, as stated, I have an Egret 1 with a dual-res Nanao 29" monitor. In the last couple of weeks my screen has suddenly acquired some small flickering white lines. It has constant but very fast small white lines less than an inch long all the time (usually only one or two at a time tho, and barely noticeable during gameplay) and a few times I've seen minor transparent distortion through a whole horizontal sextion of the screen maybe half an inch thick. None of this lasts more than a fraction of a second and is not constant nor in the same places.

What could be causing it? How do I diagnose with zip for tech skills? :P Am worried I might have caps going out on the chassis or something....

Thanks in advance!
<@scootnet> if you were a real gamer, you could jerk it to Super Metroid box art
maxlords

Re: Egret 1 monitor problem (Nanao 29" dual res)

Post by maxlords »

No one?
<@scootnet> if you were a real gamer, you could jerk it to Super Metroid box art
antron

Post by antron »

I have this cab and monitor, and I have strange geometry during warmup. I've been assuming that given the age it just needs a cap job. We should both consider doing this preemptively.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I've tried out lowblow's Egret29 cab at the 2011 CAX show and it was in tip-top shape considering it's age.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
hedorah

Post by hedorah »

Have you asked the boys on Arcade Otaku, there are a couple of chaps on there that are pretty savvy with monitor issues.