How do you identify a JAPANESE Xbox 360?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
LeeB99

How do you identify a JAPANESE Xbox 360?

Post by LeeB99 »

I just purchased a lightly/gently used Xbox 360, and I received it without the packaging. The system works fine, with the exception of a noisy DVD drive, but I can't find ANY markings on the system to indicate that it is a Japanese system. What should I look for? Since the original/previous owner is from here in the states, it was already set to English and US territory. ALL of the import titles that i currenty have are region free, so i cant simply plug a Japanese region title in the system yet. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks...

Lee
Pharos

Re: How do you identify a JAPANESE Xbox 360?

Post by Pharos »

You could try a US region DVD and see if it works or not.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Moved to Hardware.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Download the Megaman 9 or 10 demos. They ALWAYS run in japanese on a japanese system, no matter if the system dash is set to english or the profile is from a western country.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Likewise, you can also boot up Castlevania HD or Resident Evil 5 (the title screens in those games will always reflect the system region regardless of system setting).
LeeB99

Post by LeeB99 »

Thanks for the tips! Sounds like the mega man demos would be the easiest. Thanks!

Lee
LeeB99

Post by LeeB99 »

Downloaded the MegaMan 9 demo, and sure enough, I got a "Rockman 9" title screen. Confirmed Japanese 360. Thanks a bunch for the tips...

Lee