TATE recommendations?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Xexyz

TATE recommendations?

Post by Xexyz »

Hi guys,

I'm not a newcomer to TATE, but I am finding my LCD TV to be less and less enjoyable each time I fire up a shmup (or any classic system game on it). Although it's light and convenient to flip, the less than stellar picture, not to mention refresh lag, has been making me lust for a CRT TV to switch over to. I'm preferably looking for curved glass sets since I also enjoy light gun shooters.

My biggest problem though, is I don't know what makes are TATE friendly. I've already ruled out Sanyo, as the one I recently got for free from a friend gets color distortion no matter how long I let it sit and degauss. I'm always on the lookout for Sony Wega's and Trinitrons, since I hear great things about them regardless. Finding them cheap, even on craigslist is another story though...

So what makes do you TV guys use and recommend?

I'm also sorry if this topic has been covered extensively before, but the search function on these forums doesn't really work too well.
Thjodbjorn

Re: TATE recommendations?

Post by Thjodbjorn »

I have a Samsung PN51D550. It rotates very nicely. I use a rotating mount.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

The question's better suited to the Hardware subforum, so I moved the thread there.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

My CRT in my room is some kind of "VUE" brand. It gets colour distortion if I rotate it on one specific side, but on the other side isn't nearly as bad. I guess you've already tried that idea out though. :S

If you get a new CRT that works okay for you let me know cause I'm interested in this too. ;)
Xexyz

Post by Xexyz »

Sorry about that. I should have read the forum heads better.