Saturn USB pads

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
burgerkingdiamond

Saturn USB pads

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Hey, I want to pick up a Saturn USB pad. There are several different ones on ebay. Does anybody know which is a good model? I don't want to end up with something crappy.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Neith

Re: Saturn USB pads

Post by Neith »

I bought two. A white/multi-color button and a grey/blue.

The white one is amazing in every way but the buttons on the grey one all feel terrible. Both from the same seller in one order and they look identical other than colour.

So perhaps it is hit and miss whether you get a good one.

The obvious fakes should be avoided at all cost, the ones without the sega logo. I think the good ones are fakes as well, but really well done.

The original sega ones are worth a lot more.

I am comparing these to my real saturn pads.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

Neith wrote:I bought two. A white/multi-color button and a grey/blue.

The white one is amazing in every way but the buttons on the grey one all feel terrible. Both from the same seller in one order and they look identical other than colour.

So perhaps it is hit and miss whether you get a good one.

The obvious fakes should be avoided at all cost, the ones without the sega logo. I think the good ones are fakes as well, but really well done.

The original sega ones are worth a lot more.

I am comparing these to my real saturn pads.
OK. I saw ones that look like original Saturn pads that have been retro fitted with new pcbs for usb. These obviously would feel the best, but they're DAMN expensive.

I also saw the white w/multi colored buttons and the gray and also black. Does your "good" one have any brand name attached to it?
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Make sure it has a "SLS" (Sega Limited Services) sticker on the underside.
Neith

Post by Neith »

Both of mine have the SLS sticker and look quite legit. I could take a couple pictures if you want.
borislaw

Post by borislaw »

I recommend "White USB Controller for Sega Saturn Game". I am quite sure this is the same one I bought a while ago and was very happy with. The Seller is eTech Digital World. This really a great controller with shmup-friendly D-pad. The controller actually has the SEGA logo right on it; a nice perk that is strangely absent from the product description and pictures on E Bay. Works great with Windows Vista (just plug it in and go). It may also work on the PS3, although I'm not very sure about this. It hasn't broken yet, so it must be fairly durable. Also, it is cheap, and it ships from Brooklyn New York. Generic Box, but controller was definitely brand new.
PS: this one does have the aforementioned SLS logo on the back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHITE-PC-USB-CONTRO ... 2c537ca27d
'twas in times of old / as eagles screamed // and holy streams flowed / from the Heaven-Fells