Holo3dgraph under Windows Server 2003?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Arasoi

Holo3dgraph under Windows Server 2003?

Post by Arasoi »

Last edited by Arasoi on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
undamned

Re: Holo3dgraph under Windows Server 2003?

Post by undamned »

Sorry, mang. Never tried that OS w/ my holo :?
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
gray117

Post by gray117 »

I've run into this before I think with some matrox editing card... unfortunately no clue why that actually was happening but given it used a custom video format etc etc this wasn't surprising...

I do know server 2003 disables video hardware acceleration by default; I *think* it also interferes with agp/pcie settings too... is this card a pci though? ... wouldn't have thought that pci would be interfered with by server software.

What video format does it show/work with? What player/viewer do you use?
Arasoi

Post by Arasoi »

Last edited by Arasoi on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

This got me thinking... does the VideoProc.exe that's in the Holo II's custom drivers work with the original Holo? I do know that app is normally intended to be used to setup the Holo II's direct RGBHV out(that's what I'm using), but maybe it's also useful to sorta "pre-setup" the card for the Holo.exe app in problem situations.
But then again, if it's the Holo.exe having display problems in Server2k3, the above suggestion won't lead anywhere... Have you tested if other directX(or directShow) based applications work flawlessly on your system? Another question; what happens if you set the Holo app to VMR7 or VMR9?

Sorry to say this, but I think you picked the worst OS for this kind of thing :wink:
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Yeah, server software... never used in workstations...

I presume the card works with full uncompressed frames... which should show up even if performance was somehow lessened - eg. bandwidth == fps etc... Perhaps player refuses to show image if feed is not as expected.

Have you tried recording something even if its not visible in preview player etc and then playing in another app/another os to check to see what's recorded?

Depending on techniques employed I see hotfixes for opengl [for 64 bit versions especially I think] and direct3d etc. - I presume these installed?

Otherwise, sounds like you're already dual booting, maybe log into 2003 less? Probably not what you want to hear :P