Raiden IV fullscreen bulltshit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
burgerkingdiamond

Raiden IV fullscreen bulltshit

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

I'm trying to play Raiden IV TATE'd on a 4:3 TV. I used to have it setup fine with just a slight bit of overscan (it only let's you zoom in discreet quantities, so I had to settle for either a little bit of overscan or a little bit of wallpaper). Anyway, I tried playing today, loaded up my profile and the screen settings were all fucked up. I tried putting it right again, but now it won't let me adjust it to a nice fullscreen image. Once I get it zoomed in so the the top and bottom are lined up with the edge of the screen, there are still bars of wallpaper on the sides. So to zoom in the sides to fit I've cut off ton of screen on the top and bottom. In other words, it's not displaying in 4:3. WHAT the FUCK is going on. This shit is annoying as hell. This is wouldn't be a problem if you could zoom in the x and y directions independently like Futari, but no, that would be too convenient...

BTW, my 360 is set to normal, not widescreen, and I'm connected with component cables. The only thing I've done since the last time I played Raiden IV was I updated my dashboard to the newest version so I could play the MMP/PS port, but I don't see why that should affect anything.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
burgerkingdiamond

Re: Raiden IV fullscreen bulltshit

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

AHA! again a victim of my poor short term memory... I have both my 360 and arcade PCBs hooked up to the same TV, and I forgot that the other day I was messing the TV settings to get rid of the overscan on my Donpachi board. I hadn't played any 360 games since then, and I forgot I did it. So right now Donpachi looks perfect but my 360 games are kind of fucked up.

and my bad, I checked Futari. It actually doesn't let you zoom x and y directions independently, I think that's Galuda II.. That's a nice feature though that I think every shmup should have.

This thread turned out to be completely pointless. cool.

BKD
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)