Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
BulletMagnet

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by BulletMagnet »

The fact that I stubbornly continue to waste time and money in the search for a halfway-decent decaf tea, despite knowing deep in my heart of hearts that such a thing is a complete and total myth.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

be rejected by the Suicide Prevention Lifeline...
BIL

Post by BIL »

3;

I remember waiting on the train at a crowded station, one dark winter evening, and having to rip the most brutal fart. It was God's judgment on me for going 48hrs on nothing but Red Bull and M&Ms! No time to go to the men's room. So I ventured way, way down the platform, and it was quite tranquil. They don't mow the tall grass that far down, and there's no wall, just a high fence and miles of rolling field. I glanced back and couldn't hear the crowd anymore - and more importantly, they couldn't hear me *parp*

And that's when I noticed a bright yellow sticker on the fencepost, for the suicide hotline! Fucking hell, what a lonely place to go, I thought. But what a nice gesture. I hope you find similarly considerate help. 3;

EDIT: Wait - do you mean rejected for a job position? :o Apologies for the misunderstanding! :shock: I hope it works out for you all the same, though! Image
RGC

Post by RGC »

BIL, after that "build up" I was so hoping for a sharty outcome. A least tell us the event was witnessed by a family of first-time Japanese tourists who had got lost looking for a vending machine.

Hope all is ok, Lemnear.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

BIL wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:06 pm 3;

I remember waiting on the train at a crowded station, one dark winter evening, and having to rip the most brutal fart. It was God's judgment on me for going 48hrs on nothing but Red Bull and M&Ms! No time to go to the men's room. So I ventured way, way down the platform, and it was quite tranquil. They don't mow the tall grass that far down, and there's no wall, just a high fence and miles of rolling field. I glanced back and couldn't hear the crowd anymore - and more importantly, they couldn't hear me *parp*
A fart louder than a train ? :lol: buahahahaha you made my day a bit.
RGC wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:45 pm BIL, after that "build up" I was so hoping for a sharty outcome. A least tell us the event was witnessed by a family of first-time Japanese tourists who had got lost looking for a vending machine.

Hope all is ok, Lemnear.
Now i want a landscape pic of BIL farting in a peaceful open field with a bird flock flying for the loud sound that resonates for miles with all the grass bending as if hit by a shockwave.

Yes, don't worry...is just hilarious how someone's recent past is "too crazy" for someone else...less hilarious when that someone should always be available for service :/
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

BulletMagnet wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:44 pm The fact that I stubbornly continue to waste time and money in the search for a halfway-decent decaf tea, despite knowing deep in my heart of hearts that such a thing is a complete and total myth.
I think Constant Comment has a decaf option? That's a very good mass produced tea.

Anyway, this damn plumbing saga continues. The third leak in I think around a year. At least it's not so bad this time that I had to turn the water off entirely.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Steamflogger Boss wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:31 pmI think Constant Comment has a decaf option? That's a very good mass produced tea.
I should have specified that my search is specifically for a decent decaf "straight" black tea - I have had some decent decafs with added flavors a la chai or Earl Grey, including Constant Comment, which are fine when I'm in the mood for something spicy/sweet/etc., but as far as a nice strong bitter "pure" cup goes I've yet to encounter a non-caffeinated variety that does much for me, even if it's a supposedly more potent blend like an Irish Breakfast. Again, I know I'm dreaming, but unfortunately for both my wallet and my taste buds I'm also stubborn. :P
Steamflogger Boss

Ah okay, I've got nothing then. I mostly drink caffeinated tea. While I have a small rotation of herbal and decaf options for a nightcap, none really fit what you are looking for.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Yeah, I'm much the same, really; I mostly drink the "hard stuff" early on when I need a kick in the pants to get me going, which is why I almost invariably seek out a nice strong cup; later in the day I switch to less intense varieties, though I still tend to frequently crave something robust even then, and as you note options on that front that won't mess with my sleep are...scarce.
Steamflogger Boss

Almost forgot since this came up today...

Recap episodes in anime. Just the worst. Thankfully the one I encountered today didn't try to sneak in like 2-3 minutes of new content.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

answer to AGermanArtist:
I think that is a "common" teenager of the 21th century.
Without friends, connected to everything but disconnected from their surroundings, i think is the result of a generation that born when internet was already enstabilished, they don't know what the world was like before.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

Thanks for the reply. I had to delete the post because it looked like I was going to kill my g/f's daughter.
Her friends from school do seem to have been quite 'babied' too. God help us all :P
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Mental Illness is too high today...and the TSO never calls me back...and my smartphone died.
I don't know what to do with myself.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

HP Printers. Probably all brands of inkjet printers.

I never realized the youtube community had put printer companies to the sword until last night.

You buy a printer for $50-£40, then find out after about a week the black cartridge doesn't work anymore. I mean, we are about 30-40 sheets in and some of those were test pages to test the damn thing on opening the box.

Then you go online to buy cartridges or subscribe where the printer phones home to HP when its getting low and you get another in the mail at subscription per month cost.

I sold a blu ray on ebay, paid for the postage label through the system.. and my fucking black ink doesn't work. So I tried to circumvent this obstacle by printing it dark blue but the bar code remains black FFS.

I managed to get it print in green so ill try it. Hopefully the postie will accept it.

Please if your buying a printer, don't buy a cheap one that takes these DRM inkjet cartridges. They are a SCAM.. and I hate throwing away brand new looking printers as well they are big and everything works except this stupid DRM cartridge.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

neorichieb1971 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:01 pm HP Printers. Probably all brands of inkjet printers.
Quote everything :lol:
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

neorichieb1971 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:01 pm grief with injet printers
Bought a laser printer for this same exact reason a couple of years ago, haven't looked back since. It works each time, the ink can't go bad, and I don't really give a shit that the fine dust air pollution in my office room is probably higher than in the middle of a jammed highway.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
null1024

Post by null1024 »

My family got an ink tank printer on my recommendation, and it's been nothing but nice to them so far. So far. Refilling takes a bit of time, but if you let the ink run down to zero, you deserve to wait. :P
It replaced a truly wretched HP printer my dad bought. Every single aspect of the printer seemed as if it were purpose-designed to fuck with the user, and I was constantly getting called to deal with it.
God damn, HP is pure fucking trash. I will probably never buy an HP branded product in my life again.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

find myself credited as "model" for a couple of AI NSFW pics online... :?
Lander

Post by Lander »

null1024 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:35 am God damn, HP is pure fucking trash. I will probably never buy an HP branded product in my life again.
Preach. Back in the day I used to hobby hack on an ill-fated iOS / Android competitor that HP ended up buying from the resurrected-and-rezombified remains of Palm.
Flew out to the states to help show it off at an open-source convention, went well, had fun, was impressed at how big everything is over there, even a potential job offer if I was willing to emigrate.

And by the time I got off the plane home, the bastards had sold us out to LG's Smart TV division.
'Give us a grade in a year', they said at the start - alright, how does Bloody Awful sound? :x
Lemnear wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:17 am find myself credited as "model" for a couple of AI NSFW pics online... :?
Man, that sucks :| he-said-she-said nonsense was already bad enough with the advent of social media, let alone all these easy ways to synthesize fake nonsense.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

I hate that a lettuce headed, chundering, fuck-faced cunt like Geoff Keighley has somehow managed to manoeuvre himself into a position where he seemingly (to the public at least) represents the pass-time I have loved for over 35 yrs.
AGermanArtist

Post by AGermanArtist »

People who parrot the latest Internet buzz phrase infuriate me
I'm there for it
Wholesome

Just fucking die you pathetic husk.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

null1024 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:35 am HP is pure fucking trash.
I have certainly gotten this impression as well... bought a not cheap at all HP laptop a couple of years ago, it gave me trouble all along the way and after tinkering around with it for months (updating drivers etc.), despite it's ok specs, it's still ridiculously slow. What a piece of shit.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Nobody actually likes christmas music. Bah humbug. But I went to a store today and they were absolutely out of their goddamn mind. Every 30 seconds or so, they would blast some awful sounding trombone rendition of christmas music at what I could only describe as ear-splittingly loud volume. I seriously couldn't even hear someone talking to me and they were literally right in front of my face. I got out of there in a hurry. And still ended up with a headache after I left. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired. lol
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

I was playing Sagaia Ver.1 (Darius Cozmic Collection) and I felt like someone was knocking on my door. I continued to play, until my old neighbor's wife rang my doorbell. Usually when someone stops me during my session it's for my cats... but this time... she asked for help to check what had happened to her husband, basically i just stated that he died while she was totally freaked out and shocked trying to wake him up.
What a beautiful saturday night...
I waited for the ambulance then left it without giving any kind of comfort except for the address and other directions, i was stone-cold-emotionless.
He's been mean to me on multiple occasions for no reason, so i'm not sure if I'm sad like a normal human or if i don't give a fuck like a beast.
Agitated now.
ryu

Post by ryu »

Covid. Caught it for the first time. Feels like a really bad cold today, but yesterday I collapsed and was unable to leave my bed for almost the entire day. Stay safe everyone.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I feel for ya. I got sick for the first time in a long, long time. Sinus related, not testing positive for covid (but who knows). Trying to diligently mask up at work, I suspect a coworker who was around someone sick but didn't wear a mask may have exposed us as we have half the workforce at my place out sick. It's frustrating because he's an idiot who likes to brag about how he never gets sick and how tough his immune system is, but balks at the idea whenever I tell him that asymptomatic transmission of respiratory diseases is very common.

If you're exposed to someone you know is sick, it's important to wear a mask for the sake of others around you even if you don't feel sick yourself.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

I can't play Sagaia (not sure about the Darius Collection but i don't want to risk) after that night.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

When youtubers talk shit for 3 minutes and then say "Lets jump right in".

Yes lets do that. Like 3 mins ago.
Lander

Post by Lander »

PlayStation Network.

Every. Single. Time. I dig the PS4 back out, I have to sign back in, and my password is wrong despite the account being untouched since last time this charade occured.
So I reset it, and it's still wrong. So I reset it again via different means, and maybe it works. Repeat last step an undefined amount of times in an undefined set of web browsers until success.

And then try to use whatever trivial feature it is that inspired the whole login fiasco, only to be met with a PAY UP SUCKA screen.

Get tae fook, I am not shelling out forty quid minimum for the ability to have Bloodborne fetch a dungeon seed from a web server.
Full online multiplayer, sure whatever, ship's already sailed and the industry's poorer for it. But basic I/O that in no way involves network-ing with other players? Massive pisstake.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Ps3 and ps4 pisses me off. Not only do I need to reset my psn on both the email addresses on them are so old and unused I can't remember those passwords either. I need to back pedal quite a bit before I can get online.

You might think just change your email to your current but I used that on a foreign psn :lol: