Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
ChurchOfSolipsism

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

BulletMagnet wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:09 pm
neorichieb1971 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:03 pmI say "Yeah ill be with you in a minute i'm about to die and it will be game over". Then I miracously get out of the shit and start reaching my highest score.
That's absolutely how it works, married or not; personal gaming miracles only happen when you're not able to actually enjoy them. Heaven only knows how many times I've been trying to pass a certain tough spot a million times, tell whoever's waiting on me "yeah, just one more go for chuckles" and just like that I finally reach a point I've never been before and really want to keep going, but too darn bad, taunts the universe.
Not that you fellas mention it, couple of weeks ago the weirdest thing happened, had to kill 5 minutes until I would leave for an appointment. Perfect, time for a quick game of pinball. Expected to go down in two minutes tops, ended up smashing my previous high score and raising it by over 300%. I practically couldn't make any mistakes. Must have been the longest pinball game I've ever had at more than 15 minutes. Pinball and shmups both seem to benefit from a certain state of mind.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
ChurchOfSolipsism

Re: adds on youtube, I use adblock plus as an extension for chrome and the adblock browser for my cellphone. Both work flawlessly, and it's baffling to me how so few people use them - everybody is bitching about adds on youtube, yet nobody ever googles "remove adds" or something along those lines? I've heard some people say that they want their favourite youtubers to make money via ads (I prefer Patreon), but I highly doubt that the majority of people around me would give a shit about anything but their own comfort. Is there anything problematic about addblock plus?

Another thing that annoys the fuck out of me: when they prepare/ fry meat in a stupid TikTok clip, and, inevitably, at the end they squish the burger or whatever and fat comes running out of the burger. I don't even know why, it just drives me up the wall.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
Lander

Post by Lander »

My hippie keyboard-centric browser doesn't support the extensions for sanitizing YouTube or nixing those annoying GDPR popups, so I end up employing fanciful workarounds and complaning when they break. Not a common use case, I'll warrant.

It's been worse than ever lately. Aggressive repetition is expected, but it's started sticking the same You Should Use Chrome (and don't think about anti-monopoly legislation) ad in between every song on the K Tiger soundtrack. Even the sodding credits jingle!
Is that what happens when your aggregated ad profile comes back as "nothing works on this asshole"? :mrgreen: :lol:
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

The stakhanovism and whoever say: "hey if he/she can work 18h every day, you can do too", like if is something "normal" to dedicate all your life to your boss, ignoring your health and family, nullify youself and even breaking some laws.
Is like to say "slavery is source of proud".
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Lander wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:17 am My hippie keyboard-centric browser doesn't support the extensions for sanitizing YouTube or nixing those annoying GDPR popups, so I end up employing fanciful workarounds and complaning when they break. Not a common use case, I'll warrant.

It's been worse than ever lately. Aggressive repetition is expected, but it's started sticking the same You Should Use Chrome (and don't think about anti-monopoly legislation) ad in between every song on the K Tiger soundtrack. Even the sodding credits jingle!
Is that what happens when your aggregated ad profile comes back as "nothing works on this asshole"? :mrgreen: :lol:
They've turned up their ad-blocker alerts to 1000%, no matter what I do with my extensions I can't play ANY videos without resorting to refreshing the current window holding the shift key. At least in Firefox, Youtube is horrible at the moment. From zero issues last week.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
KPackratt2k

Post by KPackratt2k »

emphatic wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:24 pm They've turned up their ad-blocker alerts to 1000%, no matter what I do with my extensions I can't play ANY videos without resorting to refreshing the current window holding the shift key. At least in Firefox, Youtube is horrible at the moment. From zero issues last week.
Piped and yt-dlp FTW. I stopped watching YouTube videos directly on the website the instant I heard about them shunning adblock users.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

One thing that seems terribly suspicious of Google -- everyone I've seen hit by the anti-adblock thing uses Firefox. I'm using Chrome+uBO and haven't had any problem.
Also yeah, I've been doing a lot of yt-dlp lately. No reason to not just save your favorite videos.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Well, congratulations human race. Both of our mobile operating systems are malware and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it now. You saved a very small amount of money. Are you proud of yourselves? Go buy an overpriced tall coffee with all that savings! Good work! Thanks.
We apologise for the inconvenience
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

i prefer computer
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Install Gentoo.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Breakfast menus at fast food places. Maybe I already complained about this, lol.
I absolutely do not want some garbage with an egg on top that tastes nothing like any of the menu items that I actually care about. I want a fucking burger/taco/chicken sandwich/whatever the place is supposed to sell.

I think like the breakfast crunchwrap at Taco Bell is the only exception I've had, but I'd still rather have a regular one.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Finding out 35+ years later that I've bought a stolen recording. Ruddy Simbal doesn't exist. Fuck.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Lander

Post by Lander »

Not knowing the difference between Baking Powder and Baking Soda, and executing a textbook bake in every way except the disgusting ashtray taste. Fuck.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Lander wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:19 pm Not knowing the difference between Baking Powder and Baking Soda, and executing a textbook bake in every way except the disgusting ashtray taste. Fuck.
aaaargh I feel you, man. I once made a pretty rad apple pie with all the bells and whistles (you know, caramel bee sting hood on top etc.), only to accidentally leave a hub on and put the apple pie on said one hub.
Lander

DoDonPieChi

Post by Lander »

ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:23 pm aaaargh I feel you, man. I once made a pretty rad apple pie with all the bells and whistles (you know, caramel bee sting hood on top etc.), only to accidentally leave a hub on and put the apple pie on said one hub.
Ouch, my condolences! I've come close to that a few times - wandered back into the kitchen hours later to notice a hob ring that's been on since breakfast. And, on a quiet night, barely audible cackling from the direction of my utility provider :P
Last edited by Lander on Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

I'm having flashbacks to a time I did a chocolate peanut butter cake and only realized after it was being served that I'd forgotten literally all of the (dairy) butter in the recipe. Fortunately the peanut butter provided enough oil that it was soft enough to remain edible, but I could tell it was WAY tougher than it was meant to be.
BIL

Teh ELEVENTH GUEST (◎w◎;)

Post by BIL »

Six hundred guests
Humanity's Best
Are wondering
Why they are there ♫

Guests! Sometimes over a hundred! STANDING THERE MENACINGLY (`w´メ) Are you afraid of being DOXXXXXXXXXXed? Don't worry, we're nice and well-behaved pussies here!

Well. You may admittedly be J'ACCUSE of being a (may Allah forgive me for saying this) jarpig. Don't worry about it. Image Just point out to ur old mucker Biruford who called you a jarpig. I'll INTERNET BUTTFUCK them in front of GOD AND JEBUS they very selfs. Image Not even their bones will remain in this place after I'm done with them. Image

You can even post about your LVL999 Buff Twink in Final Pantyseat XCLMVIII, or whatever the fuck! :shock: I myself don't play those games, but believe you me, if I did, I would fuck ALL the white girls SAME TIME Image ;3 ;3 ;3

"OH WOW SIR BIRUFORD UR MUCH BETTER THAN MY HUSBAND THE GOD EMPEROR OF TINKLETOWNE ^O^"
"YE I KNOW LMAO, HE GOT SM0L PEN0R, UNLIKE ME ;3 ;3 ;3"

Can you do that in Final Pantyseat XCLMVIII btw :O Does it raise your STD??? Asking 4 my totes gay, supr srs TRVE SHUMPER friend ;3

nah j/k I get it, internet is a jerkoff innit. 3; When they started that whole "HMM, HAROLD L. BIRUFORD, Y WOULDNT U USE UR REAL NAME/DB/SSN ON UR FUCCTOOB VG UPLOADZ - SEEMS A BIT RACIST LMAO" thing, I told em to suck my mother fucking cock :O And to swallow every last mother fucking drop! :shock: I hope you're all doing ok out there, my dear Shumps Frens™. Things ain't what they used to be on this innernet muhfucka. 3; <333
ChurchOfSolipsism

Re: DoDonPieChi

Lander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:18 pm
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:23 pm aaaargh I feel you, man. I once made a pretty rad apple pie with all the bells and whistles (you know, caramel bee sting hood on top etc.), only to accidentally leave a hub on and put the apple pie on said one hub.
Ouch, my condolences! I've come close to that a few times - wandered back into the kitchen hours later to notice a hob ring that's been on since breakfast. And, on a quiet night, barely audible cackling from the direction of my utility provider :P
:lol: Same for leaving the door to the balcony open to air out the bedroom but leaving it open for a whole day - in winter - and then, to add insult to injury, having to go to sleep at like 2 degrees Celsius.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Chrome's right-click menu putting "Print" immediately beneath "Search Google For." Come across unfamiliar word, "Hmm, what that be!" accidentally hit Print, PC goes into seizing pants-shitting conniption fit as printer clacks and clatters in anticipation of big wood product ramming into slot

That's fifteen seconds gone. What are you gonna do about it ASSHOLE OwO No, yeah, of course I wanted to print a single word on an entire sheet of paper. So artistic. I'm Yoko Ono, wawawawawww~

"Y UD ONT BE MORE CAREFUL LMAO LOLOLOLOLOL" Look you little twat :shock: I'm the sort of sperg who drops the controller to immediately write an impromptu ST on Argus's fucked landing sequence minigame! I'm careful where it's reasonable to be you fuck Image

I suppose "I'm careful where it's reasonable to be" is prime epitaph-bait! But no, it's a legit bad design choice. Eat my ass. Putting it directly above "Translate to English" is just as dumb. It should be at the very bottom.

Ah, god damn it. I know I've posted about this ITT before, meaning it's something I should've fixed myself by now; ala the menu's recent, similarly annoying switch from Google Image Search to Google Lens. What are you trying to find, that exact same dick? Aren't all the others good enough for you?!

So much nicer when you ignore things and they just go away though :3
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

use firefox
BIL

Post by BIL »

omfg rly? I could never tell the difference ;w; EDIT: thanks I will try it out! Image
Lander

Post by Lander »

User interface woes?
Easy, just delete the user interface!
No attack vector, no problem Image
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ahh shit, perfect Image PLUS I'll save bandwidth now all the dicks are once again ASCII! 8=D

Timely, as the only other option is to obliterate printer functionality entirely, so now you won't be able to print even when you want to! Image Thanks Google :3

https://superuser.com/questions/729239/ ... -in-chrome
Steamflogger Boss

Post by Steamflogger Boss »

All those plants that result in things sticking to your clothing. Just obnoxious. :lol:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

It's possible to hide the obnoxious "Print selection..." context menu item, or any other context menu item, or menu item in general, with Firefox .. but you need to get your hands dirty with editing userChrome.css. Wish it were easier, but it's better than no option. if I ever have to move to using Chrome and abandon Firefox, it's going to be a pain. I hate using it. lol
BIL

Post by BIL »

Steamflogger Boss wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:13 pm All those plants that result in things sticking to your clothing. Just obnoxious. :lol:
I grew up with this goddamn prickle tree that makes our entire backyard an active war zone. >w< It's still there! Marvelous shade but ho ho hoooly fuck you better be dressed for caltrops. Oh you want to hang the clothes out and save on utilities motherfucker? *BLAOW* Tango down. Image

But then I moved to leafy England, where you can be lying down on the grass minding your own business and a cucumber busts all over your face :O
Udderdude wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:07 pm It's possible to hide the obnoxious "Print selection..." context menu item, or any other context menu item, or menu item in general, with Firefox .. but you need to get your hands dirty with editing userChrome.css. Wish it were easier, but it's better than no option. if I ever have to move to using Chrome and abandon Firefox, it's going to be a pain. I hate using it. lol

It sounds like Firefox is the ticket, cheers bud! :O I have to admit these ASCII cocks are much easier to hide from my boss though!

Code: Select all

(\(\)
 ,_              ;  o >
  {`-.          /  (_)
  `={\`-._____/`   |
   `-{ /    -=`\   |
    `={  -= = _/   /
       `\  .-'   /`
        {`-,__.'===,_
        //`        `\\
 jgs   //
      `\=

Damn, Chrome mangled my cock! It's much nicer than photographed! :o

Code: Select all

.".".".
    (`       `)               _.-=-.
     '._.--.-;             .-`  -'  '.
    .-'`.o )  \           /  .-_.--'  `\
   `;---) \    ;         /  / ;' _-_.-' `
     `;"`  ;    \        ; .  .'   _-' \
      (    )    |        |  / .-.-'    -`
       '-.-'     \       | .' ` '.-'-\`
        /_./\_.|\_\      ;  ' .'-'.-.
        /         '-._    \` /  _;-,
       |         .-=-.;-._ \  -'-,
       \        /      `";`-`,-"`)
        \       \     '-- `\.\
         '.      '._ '-- '--'/
           `-._     `'----'`;
               `"""--.____,/
                      \\  \
                      // /`
                  ___// /__
        jgs     (`(`(---"-`)
Fucking hell that one's massive! :shock:
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

fwiw the print right-click option isn't precariously underneath the search option in firefox so that may well be enough
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I have a friend, a good friend. Good with computers, can fix things, very kind will give you free lifts to the airport and bring stuff over when your ill.

But fuck me, if you don't agree with him 100% or you show him any sign of weakness in your relationships or your workmanship out comes the criticisms and competitive talk. He is always cheaper, faster, better, always knows someone that can do it better, quicker, faster, cheaper. He will openly tell me I don't buy flowers enough for my wife or cook her a good meal just because he can. (In front of her).

I stopped seeing him about 3 years ago on a regular basis just so I can breathe more. Then my other friend came round and said the same thing, that he felt bullied by talk of "you should do this" or "I would do that!" by him.

Even if you take something simple to the negative, he still wins. You could say "I haven't had a payrise in 2 years" and his response would be " I haven't had a payrise in 10 years". :roll:

About 4 years ago I wanted a Ford Mondeo STi line, he said "get a Titanium its better". He kept that rhetoric even after I bought a STi line Ford Mondeo. Then he asked "Why haven't you let me have a ride in it?". I didn't say why, but I wanted to say "so I don't have to hear how much better the fucking Titanium is". :lol:
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Lander

Post by Lander »

I'm reminded of the first room of Beneath a Steel Sky whenever I interact with a printer.
It's WHEEZING and BANGING... Like an asthmatic DINOSAUR in the MATING season Image
neorichieb1971 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:06 pm But fuck me, if you don't agree with him 100% or you show him any sign of weakness in your relationships or your workmanship out comes the criticisms and competitive talk. He is always cheaper, faster, better, always knows someone that can do it better, quicker, faster, cheaper.
I used to work with a dude like that. Charismatic in his own way, but about as tactful as a claw hammer!
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

when someone stops at the first impression...at appearance...superficiality bores me... lack of deep connections kills me.