Little things that annoy the hell out of you

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
drauch

Re: Little things that annoy the hell out of you

Post by drauch »

This didn't really 'annoy' me, but I was shocked to login for the first time in a coupla weeks and see the site change. When this happen?
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

It was actually announced back in January that it'd be migrating, but system11 had to delay the migration due to personal reasons, so it only happened recently: viewtopic.php?t=71018
orange808

Post by orange808 »

The way Nintendo complains about emulation and simultaneously markets legacy games that incorporate emulators that violate licencing terms. I believe Nintendo does this directly as well. I have a very hard time believing that everyone's commercial emulators are clean room "from scratch" projects that were created using pictures, schematics, and a scope. Deriving work from an open source project is often illegal. Even if you find a loophole in the licence, it's immoral. You're still subverting the will of the developer. Even if they hired emulator developers from open source projects or from projects that forked a previous emu, it's still not a clean room implementation. It's still not ethical.

The only way to do it ethically is to licence the emulator commerically (if possible) or follow the terms.

Here's an idea. Sell the roms as a seperate purchase and let the emulators distribute their software separately. That would be legal. But, they don't want to, because that's inconvenient.

Funny how the law only matters when it's fucking convenient.
We apologise for the inconvenience
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

My flatmate lifting weights in his room. jesus christ the level of grunting and moaning coming from in there.
Yeah i've worked out and had some heavy exhalations, the occasional quiet grunt
- but this friend of mine sounds like someone's in there giving his ass the pounding of its life

seems a tad performative to me.
Can hear it right down the hall from the living room.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
BIL

Post by BIL »

Depending on the balance of power, the best thing to do there is respond to each of his with one of your own - NGAAAAA! OWAAAAA! HARDER JEFFREY HARDER - he will be thoroughly put off his plates, and either a violent fight will ensue, or he'll tone it down! ;3
Lander

Post by Lander »

For a more (less?) subtle approach, you could always whack WORK HARDER on whenever the herculean exertions start up.
EUGHERGH!
orange808

Post by orange808 »

I hate the way Windows 11 forced a row of icons on me, but the GUI doesn't update when the clipboard changes. The paste button on an open window remains dark (disabled) when I add files to the clipboard. What's the point of a paste icon I can't use?
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

Currently very annoyed that youtube has gone to making shorts a mandatory section in the subscriptions tab. I guess it's mildly better than having the shorts mixed in, but it's still annoying and I wish I could banish them altogether.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

I bought a pack of crimp-on quick disconnects to wire up some arcade buttons, and I clearly mis-counted like a dummy, so I had literally one left over. I think there was a reason I didn't just buy more, too [since they're cheap] -- it might have been adding another package pushed the shipping date out for whatever reason.
That's a bit annoying, but whatever, I have a [quite single, and quite lonely] spare in case something happens.

Naturally, things start happening.

One of the quick disconnects, the insulation starts to get loose and it seems to be taking the wire with it, but I manage to squeeze everything properly together and tape it down so it doesn't wiggle around [since the insulation is now very loose].
One of the quick disconnects didn't crimp properly and came apart, so I put the single spare on and moved on with my life. A bit annoying, but manageable.
One broke off after crimping as I'm trying to get it onto the button, and I spent like 45 minutes screwing around with it trying to get the thing on since I didn't bloody have any more. It took like 3 minutes to plug in the rest of the buttons to ground.
I ended up just not having a quick disconnect for that button [there's like thirteen buttons to wire up], it's held in place with copper tape, some insulating tape, and a prayer. I also 100% know from prior experience that I will have an issue with it shorting at some point until I replace it.

I still have a bunch of wiring to do, this was just me doing the ground connection for everything. :lol:
I'm going to scream once I start working on getting the input buttons working and a QD breaks on me. I also need to attach like thirteen female dupont connectors so I can plug each of the buttons in lmao, bleh -- I do at least have more than enough, but it's still not fun [and I'll definitely need to buy more wire when I'm done with it lol, I'm running out].

Fun project, but boy, I'm annoyed lol.

[edit]
I finished, and only had two of the QDs break in total. Was very annoyed with the second one breaking too. :P
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

influencers that destroy ancient statue only to get millions likes (Coliseum, Varese, Trevi Fountain).
Influencers that "accidentally" KILLS someone only to get millions likes (Casal Palocco event).

:evil:
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

With my wife being gluten-intolerant, I have come to realize how much stuff that shouldn't have any gluten in it, does. She can't have corn flakes or corn pops because they put freaking malt or wheat starch in them. WTF. Even some brands of SOY SAUCE have wheat.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Slices of bread that are bigger than the slots in the toaster. I mean, what einstein decided that.

We need idiot proof bread now that says "suitable for your toaster".

youtube is becoming a cess pit. 60 million uploads of how the world is doomed financially, culturally and naturally. Add another million videos about how Disney and Bud light don't understand business practice in the advertising arena and preferring to go with diversity over what makes money. Or is it diversity is supposed to make more money? Add another million videos about Aliens taking holidays in the grand ole USA, which by odds of every alien arriving in the USA is about as high as winning the power ball 60x in a row. Mind you they do say if an alien made it this far they would be the equivalent of their races "Elon Musk". Either power is seeking power, or the USA has a large quantity of something they want. Add another million videos of people watching movies that folk have already seen with 5 second clips here and there.. and the kicker is, all this making people more money than actually working. Imagine if the internet went down for a week? All this is wrapped up with 6 second and 20 second advertising which seems like an eternity. I actually saw a video this week that had "premium accounts get a higher bitrate" in the resolution settings. Hmmm... Give me more bitrate you lousy shits.

And my cars MOT/Service is always due in the same month as my wifes birthday. And this year she wants to go big like on some holiday or some shit. God I hope I'm good on tires/tyres.

And thats my lot for this month.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

neorichieb1971 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:02 pmSlices of bread that are bigger than the slots in the toaster. I mean, what einstein decided that.
This is why toaster ovens are generally better as a multipurpose option. Not as fast as the slotted kind of toasters, but they accommodate thick and long bread without having to cut it to fit a specific opening. Baguettes make for really good toast cut in half. :)
KPackratt2k

Post by KPackratt2k »

neorichieb1971 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:02 pm youtube is becoming a cess pit. 60 million uploads of how the world is doomed financially, culturally and naturally. Add another million videos about how Disney and Bud light don't understand business practice in the advertising arena and preferring to go with diversity over what makes money. Or is it diversity is supposed to make more money? Add another million videos about Aliens taking holidays in the grand ole USA, which by odds of every alien arriving in the USA is about as high as winning the power ball 60x in a row. Mind you they do say if an alien made it this far they would be the equivalent of their races "Elon Musk". Either power is seeking power, or the USA has a large quantity of something they want. Add another million videos of people watching movies that folk have already seen with 5 second clips here and there.. and the kicker is, all this making people more money than actually working. Imagine if the internet went down for a week? All this is wrapped up with 6 second and 20 second advertising which seems like an eternity. I actually saw a video this week that had "premium accounts get a higher bitrate" in the resolution settings. Hmmm... Give me more bitrate you lousy shits.
As if it wasn't bad enough, YouTube is punishing Adblock users while doing nothing to reduce the number of ads on videos:
https://www.ghacks.net/2023/06/29/youtu ... striction/

Yeah, I get that ads help fund the site and creators, but the problems are YouTube has been through some rough changes over the past few years that made it less justifiable for me to give them my money. If their unskippable ads were 15 seconds maximum or they only gave me a few short ads (up to 30 seconds each) per video, I could justify disabling Adblock to support them, but their ad system has been pretty crappy with things like ads that are too long, too many ads per video, or even ads that are NSFW. These days, I prefer to support creators directly to Patreon and watch their videos there instead, though that's only a few interesting content creators that I actually watch. I've pretty much abandoned YouTube nowadays for reasons.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

Why i can't purchase Ridge Racer Type-4 and Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) Remastered for PS4/PS5?
Why is only under PREMIUM Subscription!?! :evil:
WTF!!!

PS: NOW ARE AVAILABLE YEEE!!!! 8) :shock: :lol:
PPS: Not Remastered, are the original versions (both for R4), Ridge Racer 2 is at 60fps, i don't know if the original on PSP runs at 60 or not.
Last edited by Lemnear on Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Lemnear wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:05 amRidge Racer 2 (PSP) Remastered for PS4/PS5
Holy fuck, I'd no idea this existed. :shock: Cheers bud, easy pickup. :cool:
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

BIL wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:13 am
Lemnear wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:05 amRidge Racer 2 (PSP) Remastered for PS4/PS5
Holy fuck, I'd no idea this existed. :shock: Cheers bud, easy pickup. :cool:
I love the saga, is fast, glamorous, elegant, good tastes in music, nice design, and a joy to play!
The other racing saga i like is Wipeout...and yes, i don't like racing simulators for example and i prefer an overexhagerated sense of speed (in every kind of games).

So the little thing that's annoying me now is the fact that all the call-centers and product's assistance are AI... damn i want to talk with someone...not with "something"...
Lander

Pro sherpas at your disposal huh

Post by Lander »

As a naturally grumpy brit, I push down the urge to complain too much in this thread. It would, after all, be improprietous to vocalize every last little trivial thing.

But YouTube just tried to serve me an ad for a team of eSports mercenaries, and I can't let that go.
What in the absolute fuck is this
So if you have more money than integrity, are craving fake competitive endorphins, and too smart or perversely proud to purchase a cheat program, you... Hire a cheat team instead? Jesus grifting christ.

They'd better have tragic backstories and... Ah bugger it, shit's so dumb I can't even bring myself to crack a corny Metal Gear joke :?
BIL

Post by BIL »

Hearing Sherpas just makes me think of all the garbage and literal human poop littering Mt. Everest nowadays 3; Was that the metaphor they're going for? :shock: :cool:
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

i have to click twice to get to New posts or Your posts on this board software! this annoys me!
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

mycophobia wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:47 pm i have to click twice to get to New posts or Your posts on this board software! this annoys me!
I insulated myself from this by saving the yourposts url to my chrome homepage quick links
BIL

Post by BIL »

vol.2 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:45 am
mycophobia wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:47 pm i have to click twice to get to New posts or Your posts on this board software! this annoys me!
I insulated myself from this by saving the yourposts url to my chrome homepage quick links
Same lmao Image
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

BIL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:56 am Same lmao Image

lol strategizing 🍻
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

the fact that there are no requirements to vote ,so every dumb persons can vote as you.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Blinge wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:23 am My flatmate lifting weights in his room. jesus christ the level of grunting and moaning coming from in there.
Yeah i've worked out and had some heavy exhalations, the occasional quiet grunt
- but this friend of mine sounds like someone's in there giving his ass the pounding of its life

seems a tad performative to me.
Can hear it right down the hall from the living room.
BIL wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:04 pm Depending on the balance of power, the best thing to do there is respond to each of his with one of your own - NGAAAAA! OWAAAAA! HARDER JEFFREY HARDER - he will be thoroughly put off his plates, and either a violent fight will ensue, or he'll tone it down! ;3
Lander wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:16 pm For a more (less?) subtle approach, you could always whack WORK HARDER on whenever the herculean exertions start up.
EUGHERGH!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Fanbois.

The way it becomes verboten to tell the truth about things. The bullshit groupthink that inevitably resurfaces. The way people don't step back and apply impartial judgement.

Here's the truth: I've just finished Baldur's Gate 3 and it's easily the completely bugged piece of shit I've seen since Ultima 7. I haven't encountered that many game breaking bugs and needed to reload saves (like this) in a very long time. What fucking mess.

My issue is, everyone is content to ignore the busted state of the game and it's a media darling. The game is an embarrassing disaster and Larian should should be ashamed of the hopeless mess they shit out. I don't care how complicated it is. Feature creep isn't my problem. I'm just a customer.

Here's another nugget: it's so hopelessly bugged, it will never get fixed. It's too convoluted at this point. I can sympathize. I know what it's like to get invested in your decisions and every project eventually gets bigger than the rudder; there's only so much you can do. That doesn't make it okay, though.

Nothing changes the fact that BG3 is hopelessly bugged. Don't tell the little Gen Z fanboi trolls I said so. They'll get triggered. :-) My god, that game is a broken mess. If you miss the bad old days of PC gaming, you can definitely experience it again.

If you thought Batman or Cyberpunk was bad, you haven't played BG3. What a disaster. And, for some reason, it's not a problem. Yeah, okay.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Wait For The Patch (tm).
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

League of Legends and it's toxic ill mentality.
Lander

Post by Lander »

Adjacent to MOBA stuff, the way perpetually rolling multiplayer games have a tendency to eat people's lives.

Hey dude, want to play some Monster Hunter / Tekken / [more or less anything that isn't a parasitic service game]?

Maybe later, busy with DOTA.

Shit's like trying to drag a late 80s Dave Mustaine to the rehab clinic.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Has the Monster Hunter series gotten any less grind-y?

I gave up on them.