The Self-Introduction Thread

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
A.R.C.A.D.E

Re: The Self-Introduction Thread

Post by A.R.C.A.D.E »

Hey, Shmup lovers:
We are a non-profit association from Barcelona (Spain) founded in June 2014. We are dedicated to restore, preserve and spread the culture of the arcades we grew up with during the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Our premises, nicknamed #LaNau, have 650 square meters divided into two floors with arcade games of all eras and genres.

We leave you with some pictures.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

This looks amazing! Do you have a website? Would love to visit!
A.R.C.A.D.E

Post by A.R.C.A.D.E »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote:This looks amazing! Do you have a website? Would love to visit!
Hi, our website is Arcade.cat, but if you want to see more pictures and videos you better visit our Instagram or Twitter account.

We are not an arcade open to the public, but in October we will celebrate the #Shmupfest, we are preparing a post for the forum.
AeroBranford

Post by AeroBranford »

Hey everyone, I'm from Texas and have been playing shmups for a few years now.

I got into the genre with Touhou 13, but eventually got around to playing other Touhou games, and eventually some CAVE shmups.

Hoping to play some 5th Gen shmups in the near future, and some arcade versions now that i'm in the Dallas area.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

OMG Beautifull!!!
But ...is in Spain :cry:
WarChild

Post by WarChild »

Another unregistered lurker until recently.
Appreciate the wealth of information here and look forward to getting more involved.

Thanks!
jerivier

Post by jerivier »

dear all

just registered, from France

not very good at Shmups, but let s try ! :mrgreen:
jpd66

Post by jpd66 »

Hello folks! I discovered STGs a few years ago and have been having a great time with them. I've played at least a few examples of most of the different types of these games, from all corners of the genre. I only wish that I had found them sooner! Anyway, I've enjoyed exploring and learning about shmups from this forum a lot at this point. Figured I would join. Cheers!
solycobre

Post by solycobre »

Hey everyone, I'm new here as well. I played shmups since long time ago in an arcade machine near my school and in old symbian mobile games. I'd like to develop one as well. I'm playing ESP-rade, Danmaku Unlimited 2 and Touhou WBWC. Im interested in shmups that implement mechanics from other genres but keeping the essence and replay-ability. :D
GeorgeM

Post by GeorgeM »

Hi there,
As an amateur British 21-year-old guy, I have found a newfound love for live sex cams, and I can confidently say that it has enhanced my sex life in ways I never thought possible.
https://livesexcam.tv/chat/hot_frictions
https://livesexasian.cc/ebony
https://nudechat.org/chat/maryjane3_14
Last edited by GeorgeM on Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
berserk1976

Post by berserk1976 »

Hello everyone!
I'm a long-time gamer, I'm not only passionate about shooters, but it's still a genre that I like... I hope I'm not the only one old enough to remember the Amiga era with special affection! Agony, Project X, Apydia and Xenon 2 the Megablast!! Greetings from Italy!
RUOK

Post by RUOK »

I have been watching the STG show on youtube, thank you for the entertainment and advice. I hope to read more about shmups here thank you
Last edited by RUOK on Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoonSnatcher

Post by MoonSnatcher »

Hello everyone, I am new here, I am from France and am kind of getting into shmups so I came here to discover the world of shooter games and to maybe find ways to get better.
The_Fix

Post by The_Fix »

Hey there.

I've lurked this board for years and have read most of it. The information held here has been no small help in my quest to 1cc. I'd like to give back if I could. I'm no god, I've cleared many games and chased a few scores.

Been playing since I've been old enough to hold a controller. PC gamer at heart, but I started playing STG seven years ago; and since then It's become nothing sort of a lifestyle. I like RTS and old FPS games when it's not time for pew pew. And it's always time for pew pew.

Batrider is best.
I would've killed to live near an arcade.
I'm too poor for a CRT.

Thank you for reading.
Any sufficiently advanced game-play is indistinguishable from cheating. - Arthur C. Clarke Resume :wink:
bkd

Post by bkd »

Hi, I'm also known as burgerkingdiamond, and been a forum member since 2010, although inactive for a few years. I recently created a thread to try and move my collection but the site has been really buggy; kicking me out when I'm logged in, not recognizing my password, or email, or even sending me the password recovery emails. So here I am. I created a new account and am trying to get some posts so I can get the ability to PM the people that I have pending deals with.

I've emailed System11 about this and it's only been an hour so no reply yet, but is anybody else having problems logging in?
Last edited by bkd on Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

bkd wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:23 pm Hi, I'm also known as burgerkingdiamond, and been a forum member since 2010, although inactive for a few years. I recently created a thread to try and move my collection but the site has been really buggy; kicking me out when I'm logged in, not recognizing my password, or email, or even sending me the password recovery emails. So here I am. I created a new account and am trying to get some posts so I can get the ability to PM the people that I have pending deals with.

I've emailed System11 about this and it's only been an hour so no reply yet, but is anybody else having problems logging in?
So I was able to login by clearing my history, cookies, etc. and turning off my vpn. I have no idea exactly what the problem was/is. But there you go.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
EvilHomer666

Post by EvilHomer666 »

Hi everyone. Long time occasional lurker, first time joiner.

I'm currently leading a small indie team and making a shmup inspired by arcade shooters and retro games, in particular, Dino Riki (Shin Jinrui: The New Type) on the NES.

I'm also looking for play testers. You see, I grew up playing these old "super hard" nes games but the rest of the team mostly did not. So in order to gather feedback on how our game is doing, I need to have others like me try our game and leave feedback.

You can find our itch.io page here: https://little-tlaloc-interactive.itch. ... bi-cthulhu

Feel free to share and tell anyone else who may be interested in this type of game.

Happy to finally join!
Last edited by EvilHomer666 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Fix

Post by The_Fix »

EvilHomer666 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:08 pm I'm also looking for play testers. You see, I grew up playing these old "super hard" nes games but the rest of the team mostly did not. So in order to gather feedback on how our game is doing, I need to have others like me try our game and leave feedback.
Any chance of a Linux build? I gave Wine a go but wasn't able to run your game.
Any sufficiently advanced game-play is indistinguishable from cheating. - Arthur C. Clarke Resume :wink:
EvilHomer666

Post by EvilHomer666 »

The_Fix wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:00 pm
EvilHomer666 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:08 pm I'm also looking for play testers. You see, I grew up playing these old "super hard" nes games but the rest of the team mostly did not. So in order to gather feedback on how our game is doing, I need to have others like me try our game and leave feedback.
Any chance of a Linux build? I gave Wine a go but wasn't able to run your game.
Hello there! Unfortunately not at the moment. :|
parchii

Post by parchii »

Hey all! I've been working on a shmup of my own, and I stumbled across this place and decided on a whim to join. I'm excited to learn and play more of this genre with ya'll. Cheers!
mx5vibe

Post by mx5vibe »

I’m also a long time lurker, first time poster. Got back in to CRTs and arcades a few years ago and have acquired a couple of arcade cabs. https://imgur.com/a/GUEGmYC
KBXtheKDZ

Post by KBXtheKDZ »

what up guys its ya boi kbx
salamander and raiden are my faves
TWIN EAGLE II IS AWESOME
semaluhtouyunulohhowuh
sadepisara

Post by sadepisara »

Hello from Finland! Long time lurker, first time poster. I grew up playing Salamander/R-Type/Xevious on C64 and Gradius on NES, later feeding the local Truxton machine with my allowances. :) I'd have arcade machines if I had the room for them, but alas!

I've been developing small games here and there, and developing a shmup has been on my bucket list for years now. Finally decided to go ahead with it though, because I'm not gonna get younger! Please look forward to my dumb questions and commentary, and maybe a demo some day in the future.

I've made some good progress, but I want the "official announcement" to show something more complete and wow-inducing, so... maybe later!
d00d

Post by d00d »

Hello from the West Texas area. I've been a long time lurker and admirer of the hardware section of the forum. There is a ton of valuable information & lots of smart people in there. I thought an introduction was long overdue, and I just wanted to thank everyone for the time they put in and let the admins/moderators/donors/owners know that all of your efforts are greatly appreciated!
christyMiles

Post by christyMiles »

Hey Shmup community,

I'm thrilled to be joining this forum dedicated to all things shoot 'em up! I've been a fan of these adrenaline-pumping games for years, and I'm eager to dive into discussions about our favorite titles, strategies, and everything else related to the genre.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and being a part of this vibrant community. Let's blast through the skies together!

Cheers, Christy....
Coct444

Post by Coct444 »

Hello, just registered recently, I love classic STG like R-type and Gradius. Looking forward to getting into community. Cheers
9999Damage

Post by 9999Damage »

Hi, long-time lurker here. I’ve used Shmups posts like the 19th top 25, Japanese players’ difficulty ranking, and an old Xbox 360 region free thread to help me figure out what I want to buy and play. I was always terrible at shmups— U.N. Squadron on SNES might be the only one I finished without cheat codes or coin feeding— but now I want to take the time to git gud before my eyesight and reflexes fail. 👨‍🦳 Ikaruga on Gamecube may have been the only bullet hell game I ever played before starting to explore Cave & Raizing games in the last few months.
Lemnear

Post by Lemnear »

I discovered of this site thanks to the TOP 25 List thread.

I played some SHMUPS in the past before joining this site, but i've never explored them so thoroughly before, and it amazes me how much depth there is in it. The rich history, all the documentaries, the various styles and phylosophies. I don't think there is another genre with a so well documented archieve of information and notion like this.
They also helped me concentrate better :D

So being here is like being in some sort of head quarter of galaxy defence, full of experienced and veteran pilots with the chest fully covered with 1CC Medals and Score Records, that have saved dozens of solar systems and won countless battles. Somewhat an honor.
Basil

Post by Basil »

Hello! I've been lurking for awhile but decided to register to participate in discussion. Fell down the rabbit hole of this genre about two years ago and I've been something of an omnivore ever since. Started by emulating older stuff on my Macbook and have continued expanding my library since building a PC. I couldn't name a single fav, but some of the games that I like include Solider Blade, Super Aleste, Eschatos, Sanvein, Border Down, DDP, Hellsinker, and ZeroRanger.
eksratu

Post by eksratu »

Hello all! I'm a newbie to shmups, but I recently started making efforts to 1CC games and explore their history. I've been enjoying CAVE, Psikyo, Toaplan and some other late 90s arcade stuff.