Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (Version 1.01 and Arrange)

trap15

Re: Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (Version 1.01 and Arrange)

Post by trap15 »

Arrange - Normal
trap15 - 123,952,090 - 5 (Boss) - Lace

It's up on the leaderboards. I should really start practicing with Meidi and Midi, they are definitely better for this...

EDIT: Apparently my score is from normal, not score attack
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Arrange - Score Attack
trap15 - 124,789,480 - Meidi & Midi

This is fun (and horribly broken). Somehow I ended up with infinite hadouguns and just spammed them for most of the game. #1 score on the leaderboards gets the infinite hadouguns as well, but obviously uses them much more tactically than I did :P

On the leaderboards from trap0xF if you want to watch.
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

All updated, sorry for delays. Trap15: I assume you cleared but just to check, was it a clear or non-clear of score attack?
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
trap15

Post by trap15 »

You can not clear score attack? :lol:

Yeah, it was a clear :P
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Arrange - Score Attack
trap15 - 142,846,280 - Meidi & Midi

Royally fucked the end boss milk :( Could have gotten at least 150m if I had done that right.

Seems the key to this mode is to get the infinite hadou guns out, then NEVER die again.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Arrange - Score Attack
trap15 - 173,902,000 - Lace

So so so close to #1. Replay is on leaderboards, trap0xF.

When I get #1, I'll try to record and put it on Youtube.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Arrange - Score Attack
trap15 - 181,314,800 - Meidi & Midi

Ohhhhhhhhh man. Decimated my old personal best, and now just 300k to the #2 spot, and then 9m to #1. Ohhhhh boy.

Live recorded replay is at http://www.twitch.tv/trap0xf/c/2024417. Replay is uploaded on leaderboards as trap0xF.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

If you'd have kept your x64 through the end of the boss fight, would you have gotten the record? The boss kill would make up a huge chunk of that if nothing else.

It's a really good replay; I've attempted a lot of the milking you do but the way you handle the main stage is really impressive. You've made me want to play this again but I promised myself I wouldn't touch another game until I had Espgaluda Arrange off my back for good. :(

How many shots do you get with "infinite" hadou? I want to say 64 but don't know if I remember that being the case or am just assuming.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I certainly would have gotten #2 :lol: I don't think the boss kill is actually worth that much in the grand scheme of things; at x64, it might be worth a couple million. So if I had done that and a bit more mid-boss milk, it certainly should be doable for me.

Thanks for the compliment regarding the replay, but there are certainly a fair few additional milkings I could be doing throughout the stage. Particularly on the mid-boss sections, I'm sure I could squeeze quite a few millions out of them. I think 200m is definitely possible, but it'll take a fair bit of effort from where I am now. I'm going to take a guess that an absolutely perfect run could probably make at least 250m happen, maybe even 300m if all of the mid-bosses are milked until they time out.

I think the "infinite" hadougun is 255, but I certainly could be wrong. I should check one of these days.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Arrange - Score Attack
CSF - 157,507,230 - Meidi & Midi

I don't think I'm coming for you or anything, but I've been slowly creeping up the leaderboards. Currently #7, and so much milking was left undone in this round. I always take a dumb hit during the boss and losing my hadou, then I end up bombing right on top of her for medals to hurry to the next 10 mil mark. I think I could do 170 or so if I didn't fuck this up.

Bombing that pink stream in her last phase nets around 500k per round if you lose your hadou and it's really easy not to hit her. She actually times out, though - not sure how long you have, but only had enough time to pull another 3 mil or so out of doing this. But that was the difference between a new personal best and not, so it was enough.
Uzumakijl

Post by Uzumakijl »

Forgive me for the lack of a proper score for the momment (Position 66 or something on the leaderboards). I got the game today and i've played it for like 3 hours and fell in love with Score attack but i don't quite understand if it works the same as Arrange i'm also intrigued by the infinite hadougun thing, is there any info i can read about this?
“Approach your target and attack. Your mission starts now. Are you ready?”
Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Arrange - Normal
Aleksei - 227,434,550 - Stage 7 - Lace

Arrange - Normal
Aleksei - 221,830,350 - All - Lace

Yeah! I did it! 8)

btw, whats the difference between normal and overall?
Image Image
[Cabinet 007]
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Arrange Score Attack

CSF - 192,976,350 - Complete - Meidi & Midi

Could have been 200 mil/possible WR; I ate a bullet right near the end during Super Nova's pink spiral (note: this is almost impossible to do) and lost my hadou and multiplier. If I could have milked a little more and killed her with x64, I think that would have put me over the top.

Now that I know I can get it, I think I have to keep going. :| I had promising runs after: once I ran out of hadous becuase I forgot to suicide and restock, and once I forgot to keep throwing hadous to keep my multiplier up after she stops throwing out missiles.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Arrange Score Attack
CSF - 201,644,310 - Complete - Meidi & Midi

Not even close to a perfect run, but I finally figured out a decent way to finish off the boss and that was enough to put me over the top. With my current strats I could ideally go into the boss with maybe 155 million and get another 60 from the boss (I never did figure out how to destroy all the parts of the 3rd midboss without killing it, so there's room to grow). 210 million could be doable with a slightly imperfect run (ie, the best I could hope for) but my goal was #1 and I'm ready to dig into something else.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Big post by YOSK today.

https://twitter.com/YOSKQ/status/490857206225444864

"With regards to my only standing world record Pink Sweets, for that score I dropped medals and I think if a scorer really tried hard they could beat it. However to a certain extent they'd need some info. This is the only game I know for which the timing of when you insert a coin is really important."

Next tweet 20 min later:

https://twitter.com/YOSKQ/status/490862055470006272

"This is the timing for when you insert a coin. When the Harder Mode score rankings are on screen, insert a coin and start the game. For some reason the bullet count of certain enemies in the game will about double."
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Thanks for the info!
adversity1 wrote:"This is the timing for when you insert a coin. When the Harder Mode score rankings are on screen, insert a coin and start the game. For some reason the bullet count of certain enemies in the game will about double."
If only you could do this on the port. :<
I'd guess the combination of this glitch and the usual max-rank rapidfire-on-B strats would cause rank and scoring opportunities to skyrocket.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

That is fantastic. Someone thank YOSK for us.

I wonder if it has the same effect on Harder?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

CStarFlare wrote:I wonder if it has the same effect on Harder?
The way it probably works is that the game loads the bullet patterns for harder during the demo and even if you're starting on normal, it still has the harder patterns in memory. Because of this it shouldn't have any effect on harder itself since the patterns are already the same.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

I've never been good enough to notice differences in Harder aside from the suicide bullets so I had never considered that explanation. :oops:

Though, I wouldn't expect the game to start loading bullet data while displaying the score table?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

That's brilliant. A true masterpiece of a game.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

CStarFlare wrote:Though, I wouldn't expect the game to start loading bullet data while displaying the score table?
It was just an attempt of some sort of educated guess. I haven't tried out anything by myself.

This trick kinda reminds me of extend manipulation in Daioh. Great find indeed!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Gaia
Banned User

Post by Gaia »

adversity1 wrote:Big post by YOSK today.

https://twitter.com/YOSKQ/status/490857206225444864

"With regards to my only standing world record Pink Sweets, for that score I dropped medals and I think if a scorer really tried hard they could beat it. However to a certain extent they'd need some info. This is the only game I know for which the timing of when you insert a coin is really important."

Next tweet 20 min later:

https://twitter.com/YOSKQ/status/490862055470006272

"This is the timing for when you insert a coin. When the Harder Mode score rankings are on screen, insert a coin and start the game. For some reason the bullet count of certain enemies in the game will about double."

Wow. This game has so many secrets, I'm sure Galford has many more that are still kept in the dark.
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 1,494,160 - Stage 3 - Meidi & Midi
Spoiler