RQ: Dodonpachi Black label ketsui arrange mode

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Button Maaasher

RQ: Dodonpachi Black label ketsui arrange mode

Post by Button Maaasher »

I have some questions about Black label and also the ketsui arrange mode.

In the black label I hear people saying there is a different route you can take in chapter 1 to get an achievement. How do I take this route?

In the Ketsui arrange mode how can I choose what numbers are on the little green boxes that you collect? There are different achievements you can unlock. Such as collect 200 boxess with the number 5 without dieing or collect 1000 boxes with the number 10 ect.
RNGmaster

Re: Dodonpachi Black label ketsui arrange mode

Post by RNGmaster »

Put questions like these in Strategy in the future, please.
Hidden route (Ura) is unlocked by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Destroy all 3 oil drums before the tanks run over them within the ifrst minute of gameplay
- Have a full hyper bar
- Do not bomb or die until the midboss appears
- Collect the first three hidden bees (highlight their position with Shot, then reveal them by hitting them with Laser)

You collect boxes by destroying an enemy with Shot at progressively shorter ranges. If you kill an enemy point-blank with Shot, it will drop a #10 box. As soon as you collect the box, a timer appears (shown as a circle around your ship) that counts down very quickly. Any enemy destroyed with laser or lock-on while the timer is active will drop loads of #10 boxes that will keep the timer going.

Going into Reddo mode increases the range at which you can spawn #10 boxes (so you don't have to shoot from as close as you would have when not in Reddo).
Button Maaasher

Re: Dodonpachi Black label ketsui arrange mode

Post by Button Maaasher »

Thanks so the closer I am to an enemy the higher the number in the box. I thought it was by tapping A until the higher numbers came up lol
Shalashaska

Re: RQ: Dodonpachi Black label ketsui arrange mode

Post by Shalashaska »

The requirements for the Ura route are different in Black Label than in 1.5. If you just want to see it then choose Power and you'll go that way automatically. For the achievements.....they can be finicky as nobody seems to know exactly what you have to do to get the Ura route to show up but it seems like a full red meter before the mid-boss is one requirement.
Peace Through Violence