Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Udderdude

Re: Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

Post by Udderdude »

Hahaha looks like we got a hardcore fanboy here, or (hopefully not) one of the developers ..

Google translate:
You are also pretty poor tbh, your stated goal is actually everywhere you 'rumschleichst sentiment against Stormwind to do? Does that make you happy?
Search times a productive hobby that fills you up.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Plasmo:
I won't comment on the game itself. It wouldn't be fair.
Why is that ??

I continued to play some more levels in normal mode. The game's long and it gets considerably harder than in the earlier levels. I think it loses some of it's euro-shmup touch later on. Still can't get a grip on the controls, especially the fact that you can't charge your beam while still pushing the fire button.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Udderdude wrote:Hahaha looks like we got a hardcore fanboy here, or (hopefully not) one of the developers ..

Google translate:
You are also pretty poor tbh, your stated goal is actually everywhere you 'rumschleichst sentiment against Stormwind to do? Does that make you happy?
Search times a productive hobby that fills you up.
Dude...he incessantly shills neo xyx and talks shit about other games. Check his post history. People give friendly shit for good info...

That said, thanks but no thanks, duranik and redspot. I'll watch a replay but euros aren't my thing. Time to order Caladrius.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Omnibot2000 wrote:
psoslayer wrote:tbh I don't like the look of the 3D ship model at all, the design is poor and the quality too.
Du bist tbh auch ganz schön poor, ist es eigentlich dein erklärtes Ziel überall wo du 'rumschleichst Stimmung gegen Sturmwind zu machen? Macht dich das glücklich?
Such dir mal ein produktives Hobby das dich ausfüllt.
Und wer bist du denn? Was machst du denn hier?
Es würde gut sein, auf English zu schreiben. :?
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Nein, heute bleiben wer alle Deutsch schreiben oder nichts .
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Ich frage mich, ob das Styropor Schiff schwimmen würde, wenn man es in einer Badewanne.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

Casey120 wrote:Nein, heute bleiben wer alle Deutsch schreiben oder nichts .
dann glaube ich, dass ich glücklich sein sollte, oder?
aber nur heute? ich hoffe morgen auch.... :lol:
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

Udderdude wrote:Ich frage mich, ob das Styropor Schiff schwimmen würde, wenn man es in einer Badewanne.
Aber natürlich, treibt wie eine frische Kacke auf dem Wasser !
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Some of you are real dicks!

This is one of the best LE's, especially for a shmup, in a while.
And there's always ungrateful audience. :(

Spiel macht frei! (my german language contribution. :wink:
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Super Laydock wrote:Some of you are real dicks!

This is what you're defending. Look at it. Fucking look.

Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

3D printed and given to a sheltered workshop for painting :mrgreen:
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Udderdude wrote:

I am not defending anything. I am just calling you dicks.
I haven't got my hands on my copy so I can only judge pics (same like you).

And yes, I like what I see,. And I paid for it without regrets.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Reinemachefrau, bitte. :roll:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Well the box looks nice, dont care about the toy thingy or what it is. The box have a nice design so I think it looks quite good.
The beloved CAVE collection was just a square paper box with dvd in it. And that didnt get shit stormed. :/

Well I don't care for either, and for this game I will wait for more gameplay vids or reviews before I make up my mind.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Udderdude wrote:

I think the toy looks cute to be honest lol.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Is that an erasure, and if so does it stick to the end of a pencil? How sweet would that be :mrgreen:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
armalyte

Post by armalyte »

It wasn't my intention to show all the disadvantages of the ship. But i'm not a professional photgraf and i maked some mistakes, for example using flash and macro shot, so the picture seems a bit dissuasive. In the reality the ship ist much smaller and filigree. Plasmos picture shows it better. Yes, it could be nicer like everything. But i like it and that is the real reason for my picture of it.

And by the way, it has nothing to do with the game. If bullethell isn't the only genre you like, you'll maybe like Sturmwind.
Last edited by armalyte on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEMON212

Post by DEMON212 »

z0mbie90 wrote:Well the box looks nice, dont care about the toy thingy or what it is. The box have a nice design so I think it looks quite good.
The beloved CAVE collection was just a square paper box with dvd in it. And that didnt get shit stormed. :/

Well I don't care for either, and for this game I will wait for more gameplay vids or reviews before I make up my mind.
Came here to ask if anyone's regular edition had even shipped yet and I found out a ton already have it.

I got the email about packaging ages ago so I was hoping they'd ship it before the 24th, if nothing has happened today then I guess I'm emailing them.

Only reason I have quoted is to say awesome ZAMN avatar :D
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

We are just having a bit of fun :lol:

The ship looks fine to me, in fact I think the whole package looks pretty classy and I hope to receive it soon.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Maybe I'm just getting cynical, but it feels like all of these Dreamcast/Neo-Geo releases have stopped being merely about the games themselves and are now about continually upping the ante of how much money people can fleece out of the same handful of retro gaming collectors who need to own everything. I feel the efforts of these developers would be much better served on Steam, PSN, and XBLA, which are formats that most people can actually access.
MinuteFong

Post by MinuteFong »

From the redspot Facebook feed today:

"All pre-orders from the redspotgames online shop will be dispatched today. For those who are not familiar with the shipping times for all parcels that will be sent through the redspotgames online shop:
Central and South America: 4-6 weeks; North America: 3-5 weeks; Asia: 3-5 weeks; North Africa and Middle East: 2-3 weeks; South Africa: 4-5 weeks; Europe: 1 week; Germany: 1-4 days;"
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

Pretas wrote:Maybe I'm just getting cynical, but it feels like all of these Dreamcast/Neo-Geo releases have stopped being merely about the games themselves and are now about continually upping the ante of how much money people can fleece out of the same handful of retro gaming collectors who need to own everything. I feel the efforts of these developers would be much better served on Steam, PSN, and XBLA, which are formats that most people can actually access.
Well you only need to look at the number of people crying about how "unfair" it is that Ghost Blade's collector's edition was getting another 200 copies made. Who's more to blame, the company or the self-important idiots foaming at the mouth about how special limited releases should be?

Sturmwind, Gunlord and the upcoming Neo XYX and Ghost Blade show there's a market for physical releases. It just happens that you need a dead console like the DC if you want to do this as a small developer and have the standardised hardware benefit (i.e. you can release it on PC but it could open up more pain in supported hardware/OS). I'm more than happy to cut the middleman and give my money straight to the people making the game in return for a nice physical product.

I think there are plenty of people who appreciate a nice package (ooer) and are purchasing this (and others) for the game, not just to be a collection checkbox.
ancestral-knowledge

Post by ancestral-knowledge »

it looks like a cheap foam toy
This may be true but i'll take the foam toy over a stupid generic anime intro CD (i look at you SDOJ) any time.
rtw

Post by rtw »

http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

ancestral-knowledge wrote:
it looks like a cheap foam toy
This may be true but i'll take the foam toy over a stupid generic anime intro CD (i look at you SDOJ) any time.
I think you would have to compare the special edition bonuses to have a fair comparison ..
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

Pretas wrote:I feel the efforts of these developers would be much better served on Steam, PSN, and XBLA, which are formats that most people can actually access.
Reality Check

Given the low volume sales of licenses that these games have, the developers would have to charge $30~$40 per license to make it worthwhile - and the regular Steam, PSN, and XBLA crowd is never going to fork over that much money. There is constant moaning that XBLA R-Type Dimensions is a whopping 1200 MSP. On the other hand people willing to pay that type of money want something tangible even if it is just a shiny disc. And some of them also want a separate soundtrack and/or superplay (though I have to wonder how good a superplay can be for a recently developed game such as "Ghost Blade").
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

LE finally came in yesterday and Kraken already found it's place in a cabinet,
defending the some misc. other stuff. :D

As mentioned before the whole package is VERY well made and designed. Top notch quality.

Now gonna check the game itself later today.
Hope it lives up to my (quite high) expectations as well.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Soft Otaku

Post by Soft Otaku »

I'm LOVING this game, but I do have one complaint. On my regular version, the manual was badly damaged by the case. Very poorly designed. Did other people not have this issue?
dark

Post by dark »

Was it damaged by the two plastic prong things? Usually cd cases have round peg things to help keep the manual/booklet in place, on the sturmwind cd case these are thin and kind of sharp rather than nicely rounded? At any rate, these made some small marks on my manual, but I like the Squid side better, so I just flipped it over.

I LOVE the game as well. I can't imagine anyone buying it and being disappointed by it. If you are ok with a shmup being a little tactical and not a bullet hell, then you shouldn't have your expectations let down by this game. Incidentally, Borderdown isn't exactly a bullet hell and it doesn't get all the flack that people are giving Sturmwind over the easily dodgeable bullets. Sturmwind gives some challenge, it's not a complete pushover beat in the first playthrough kind of game. In fact, it's harder than I expected (although I'm usually dying from the bosses and physical enemies and their movements hitting me, rather than from bullet patterns)

I'm excited b/c I just got the game today and it's full of new and unexplored stuff - but I'd rather play it over any of my other DC games. I can't say I felt the same way about Gunlord when I first got to test it out. Also, kudos to the developers for putting in soft reset (ABXY+S) functionality, and also the iceing on the cake - exiting to the bios when opening the console lid mid gameplay (just like the licensed DC games did).
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

dark wrote:Borderdown isn't exactly a bullet hell and it doesn't get all the flack that people are giving Sturmwind over the easily dodgeable bullets.
Something doesn't seem to make sense in your sentence....

Which Border Down did you play?
Border Down is IMO one of the toughest horis out there, hands down. :|