Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Casey120

Re: Sturmwind - New DC Euroshmup by Duranik/redspotgames

Post by Casey120 »

If it´s lost in the mail you are out of luck goes against Paypal rules , right ?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

It is, but most pre-orders are older than 45 days and that's paypal's limit for claims of any kind.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

This stinks of bad service - from wording a statement to not answering customer messages....

Has anyone already received a reply from that form request?
:?
MinuteFong

Post by MinuteFong »

Casey120 wrote:If it´s lost in the mail you are out of luck goes against Paypal rules , right ?
PayPal 'off eBay' buyer protection terms here. Note clause 13 on eligibility, regarding how the payment was sent:

"for purchases made outside of eBay: the Send Money tab on the PayPal website by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or the Payment Recipient's PayPal checkout flow (including, without limitation, the PayPal Location Based Payments Functionality, if used by the Payment Recipient);"

If it is outside the PayPal claims period (45 days), but the payment source is credit card (and not PayPal balance) then you may be able to request a chargeback from your card provider in case of non-delivery. Within the EU, Distance Selling Regulations would consider that the contract is not complete until delivery.

However I'm sure that credit cardproviders also have time limits for chargeback, so that may only help people who pre-ordered but have not paid yet.
ruiza97

Post by ruiza97 »

A few month ago I purchased Fast Strikers from them, when they still had them available. It took a long time for the item to ship. If I recall, it shipped after I had paypal hold the funds. Thankfully I pre-ordered this game in mid-march.
ancestral-knowledge

Post by ancestral-knowledge »

[#961944] Is it coming ?? :D

Dear XXXXX,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #961944 with the following response:

Hallo XXXXXXX

danke für dein Interesse an unseren Spielen!

Da hast du Recht: Am 24. April wird das Game ausgeliefert. :-)
Ich kann dir bestätigen dass deine Bestellung bei uns eingegangen und bezahlt ist (september 2011). Die Sendung geht sofort auf die Reise, wenn Sturmwind veröffentlicht worden ist.

Sollten noch Fragen offen sein, einfach den redspotgames customer support nochmals kontaktieren.

Liebe Grüße ins schöne Braunschweig und noch einen schönen Tag!

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.
fuck yeah!
and i don#t even have a dreamcast... rofl
Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

Definitely the best, and right thing to do. Make sure that your order is confirmed, even if you think you think they think you think they think you think it's ordered. :D :D :D :D :D
--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

Oh shite - as per Ancestral... Do I even have a frigging dreamcast anymore? Doh/lol
"It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved."
rtw

Post by rtw »

Just got a an email from RedSpotGames

Code: Select all

We have just added the DHL 1st class shipping with tracking number to your order.
And due to the long waiting time, we will pay for the extra shipping costs.
There is no money you own us, everything is paid.
edit:
However the item purchased never arrived and I never got a tracking number.
Last edited by rtw on Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

rtw wrote:Just got a an email from RedSpotGames who are currently my favorite tech support :D

Code: Select all

We have just added the DHL 1st class shipping with tracking number to your order.
And due to the long waiting time, we will pay for the extra shipping costs.
There is no money you own us, everything is paid.
Damn - I had to pay. :x

How long have you had this preordered?
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

privileged customers we are not, soupbones. :?
and I preordered in Dec 2010... :lol:

care to clarify that, rtw?
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Last few limited editions (sold out at rsg store) still available here. (affiliate link btw)

It was sold out already a few days ago but apparently some orders were cancelled.

Got the LE now too. :D
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
rtw

Post by rtw »

I preordered the LE in Nov 2011.
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
louisg

Post by louisg »

I'm really looking forward to hearing reviews on this game!
Humans, think about what you have done
Pyongyang

Post by Pyongyang »

I emailed them again yesterday and the bloke who emailed me back said the extra postage issue is really for folks ordering outside the EU, he quoted USA and Japan though. He said, to me at least, that 2nd class to Ireland should be fine.

The offer was there to upgrade but I think, personally, I'll leave it. The German's are very efficient! Have you ever managed to get a sunbed by the pool for example? :D
--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Just gave this the first 40 minutes of play and it feels good so far, not great though.

This was originally planned with a life bar, right ? Good move to remove that. Dying still feels very "euro-shmup-tastic". Often you don't even realize that something hit you, so you're losing your weapon or the screen just fades out (because you just disc) without you noticing any impact. Weapon system is easy, but efficient, three weapons available from the start, cycling via button. The power-ups cycle through the colors when hit. Picking up the right color boosts your weapon, picking up the wrong color doesn't do anything (except you lost the weapon associated with the picked up color before, which then brings it back). Using one button to change the direction the options are shooting in, while another button changes the direction of your main weapon, seems a bit complicated to me. Most enemies die fast enough to keep this from drifting into being a total "euro-shmup", but with many enemies it lacks the feedback, the "pop", japanese shmups give you, when hitting or destroying something. Reminded me of Söldner-X in parts.

The sprites are completely rendered and look very nice. Backgrounds tend to lack some color or get pixelated from time to time. The game starts out in a wonderful dark-blue space level, but it soon gets very mechanic, with lots of brown and dark reds. After that a mint-green ocean level. I hope we get more space eventually. Despite the game running in 480p, it feels more like a low-res title and indeed it looks better with scanlines than without. Kinda makes it look like Pulstar or Blazing Star with a softer (unfortunately blurrier) touch to the graphics, lacking the crispness of rendered NeoGeo graphics.

Not sure sure what's the difference between Original and Arcade mode. 1st level seemed the same, 2nd got me other boss enemies - also Arcade seemed easier (but to be honest, I'm completely out of training with horis).

Packaging of the LE is great. Fantastic craftsmanship. Soundtrack, ship model and extra booklet included. Didn't get my Kraken yet. Hardcore collectors will complain about the missing of a spinecard.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

Fudoh wrote:Just gave this the first 40 minutes of play and it feels good so far, not great though.

This was originally planned with a life bar, right ? Good move to remove that. Dying still feels very "euro-shmup-tastic". Often you don't even realize that something hit you, so you're losing your weapon or the screen just fades out (because you just disc) without you noticing any impact. Weapon system is easy, but efficient, three weapons available from the start, cycling via button. The power-ups cycle through the colors when hit. Picking up the right color boosts your weapon, picking up the wrong color doesn't do anything (except you lost the weapon associated with the picked up color before, which then brings it back). Using one button to change the direction the options are shooting in, while another button changes the direction of your main weapon, seems a bit complicated to me. Most enemies die fast enough to keep this from drifting into being a total "euro-shmup", but with many enemies it lacks the feedback, the "pop", japanese shmups give you, when hitting or destroying something. Reminded me of Söldner-X in parts.

The sprites are completely rendered and look very nice. Backgrounds tend to lack some color or get pixelated from time to time. The game starts out in a wonderful dark-blue space level, but it soon gets very mechanic, with lots of brown and dark reds. After that a mint-green ocean level. I hope we get more space eventually. Despite the game running in 480p, it feels more like a low-res title and indeed it looks better with scanlines than without. Kinda makes it look like Pulstar or Blazing Star with a softer (unfortunately blurrier) touch to the graphics, lacking the crispness of rendered NeoGeo graphics.

Not sure sure what's the difference between Original and Arcade mode. 1st level seemed the same, 2nd got me other boss enemies - also Arcade seemed easier (but to be honest, I'm completely out of training with horis).

Packaging of the LE is great. Fantastic craftsmanship. Soundtrack, ship model and extra booklet included. Didn't get my Kraken yet. Hardcore collectors will complain about the missing of a spinecard.
How is the music and sound effects?

A shame it looks "blurry" - all the videos I saw looked pretty sharp. :?

Looking forward to more impressions after you play it some more!
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

It was pretty much a given this was going to be one of those shmups you play for the shiny graphics, not for the gameplay ..
psoslayer

Post by psoslayer »

I heard Plasmo was BT but they did not care mch about his opinion...
armalyte

Post by armalyte »

psoslayer wrote:I heard Plasmo was BT but they did not care mch about his opinion...
I'm sorry, but this is not true. Plasmo was very active in the BT forum, maybe the most active. Many, not all ;), of his ideas got implemented. Duranik was very cooperative and reviewed every proposal made by any BT.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

How is the music and sound effects?
FX are pretty good, music sounds ok, but is really not my cup of coffee. I wouldn't listen to the OST.

Don't get me wrong on the graphics statement. I was comparing the graphics to the razor-sharp low-res renderings of Pulstar und Blazing Star. I'm pretty sure that most people will be pleased with the graphics. The game looks nice throughout and stunning at moments.

Normal mode let's you start from any level you reached (or completed?), while Arcade always starts from the beginning. But then again normal has much more stages, while Arcade is just a selection of stages from every world.

I continue to die A LOT without being aware of having touched anything. Collision detection with the bosses seems weird.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

armalyte wrote:
psoslayer wrote:I heard Plasmo was BT but they did not care mch about his opinion...
I'm sorry, but this is not true. Plasmo was very active in the BT forum, maybe the most active. Many, not all ;), of his ideas got implemented. Duranik was very cooperative and reviewed every proposal made by any BT.
Armalyte is completely right. I was BT at least during the first test (it might've actually been the second one), but was not part of the final test. Duranik indeed was very cooperative and we've talked quite a bit about the mechanics and general gameplay stuff. I don't have any complaints.

Talking about Sturmwind, it has just arrived:

The packaging looks superb and the booklet is a nice little bonus.

I won't comment on the game itself. It wouldn't be fair.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
armalyte

Post by armalyte »

Mine arrived yesterday, too...

psoslayer

Post by psoslayer »

tbh I don't like the look of the 3D ship model at all, the design is poor and the quality too.
Kollision

Post by Kollision »

it looks like a cheap foam toy :lol:
Casey120

Post by Casey120 »

What the hell is that :lol:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I think it's hand painted styrofoam .. D:
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Looks like one of those toys you can put in water and it grows really big :lol:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Omnibot2000

Post by Omnibot2000 »

psoslayer wrote:tbh I don't like the look of the 3D ship model at all, the design is poor and the quality too.
Du bist tbh auch ganz schön poor, ist es eigentlich dein erklärtes Ziel überall wo du 'rumschleichst Stimmung gegen Sturmwind zu machen? Macht dich das glücklich?
Such dir mal ein produktives Hobby das dich ausfüllt.