RQ: Mushihime-sama Futari BL scoring questions

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
quicksilver02

RQ: Mushihime-sama Futari BL scoring questions

Post by quicksilver02 »

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in strategy, but I'll try here first.

I'd like to know what a good score per-level is on Mushi-Futari BL original mode with Reco. I've recently acquired this PCB and would like to know what scores are possible per-level. I'm still learning the levels and scoring system, but I'm able to get around 25M on level 1 and 65M by the end of level 2. I'm usually dying by or at the level 3 boss, with a high of 95M. How much am I leaving on the table in these levels? I'd like to know just how badly I suck. :lol:
Last edited by quicksilver02 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOW

Re: Mushihime-sama Futari BL scoring questions

Post by JOW »

Yep, belongs in strats really.

But, while I'm here, my advice is to watch some super play videos to see what is possible. Being a mere mortal myself, I usually manage 50-60M on level 1 and ~120M after level 2 (can't remember the rest).

To score really high you have to exploit the close proximity 'gem leeching' technique - see the strats here and at cave-stg.com (now open to guests :D ) for more details as well as watching super plays. The technique is high risk though and takes a lot of memorisation - I only fully exploit it on level 1.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

JOW wrote:Yep, belongs in strats really.
Moved.
quicksilver02

Post by quicksilver02 »

Thanks for moving this to the appropriate place.

I've been overlooking the green-aura gems, which is probably making a big difference in score. I have been trying to be close when killing an enemy, but didn't pick up on the fact that the green aura disappears quickly. I'll try to focus on that more.

I do have the Mushi-Futari BL/Deathsmiles MBL DVD on the way. I'm looking forward to watching it. Does anyone know if it covers original mode, or is it strictly maniac and god modes?