Would anyone sign a petition for a Compile compilation??

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
umi

Post by umi »

Yeah... the number of signings might even reach... oh, into the 100s! That'll be a sure sign that there is big profit to be made...

Sorry for the sarcasm :P

No, not really...

Heh.

:P

Dave, you know we'd all sign it (despite it being useless...).
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

It would be great to have an Aleste X Aleste still.

Give me an ALESTE NEO, plus Aleste, Aleste 2, Super Aleste, M.U.S.H.A. and Denin Aleste in a single disc :D. You could add the GG Aleste games too.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Specineff wrote:Developing for Naomi can't be that expensive, can it?

(Come on, Aiky. If you are reading this, remember those years when you worked on Sega systems. Yeah, I know the MSX is the one you hold most dear, but please remember Power Strike 1 and 2, the GG Alestes, Golvellius, and the revered port of R-Type you did. And Musha.)
Umm, Aiky isn't Compile. They don't even seem to develop their own games. They basically just have the rights to the games and lincense them to other compaines. Too bad Puchi to Nya seems to be about the only new game they have focused on. I doubt that Aiky developed it. They just lincensed the port to Bandai. Bandai is doing a new GBA Puyo Puyo, but that probably was lincensed from SEGA. Hopefully, some former Compile employees are working on it.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

Shatterhand wrote:It would be great to have an Aleste X Aleste still.

Give me an ALESTE NEO, plus Aleste, Aleste 2, Super Aleste, M.U.S.H.A. and Denin Aleste in a single disc :D. You could add the GG Aleste games too.
tease. this would be awesome.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

BrianC wrote: Umm, Aiky isn't Compile. They don't even seem to develop their own games. They basically just have the rights to the games and lincense them to other compaines. Too bad Puchi to Nya seems to be about the only new game they have focused on. I doubt that Aiky developed it. They just lincensed the port to Bandai. Bandai is doing a new GBA Puyo Puyo, but that probably was lincensed from SEGA. Hopefully, some former Compile employees are working on it.
Some of the employees at Aiky are the same. I read an interview with one of the head people there (I forget the name, sorry) who had worked on Puyo Puyo at Compile. He was talking about how Puchi to Nya was supposed to make up for a bunch of the problems Puyo Puyo developed later in it's lifespan as a Compile series (mainly that it was too hard for beginners).
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Rob wrote:Waste of time.
Unfortunately yes.

And what HAS Aika done since they got the rights to their games? Do they even make games themselves? I'm guessing they just get kickbacks from liscensing the Puyo name to Sega and that's the way they'll stay.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Dylan1CC wrote: And what HAS Aika done since they got the rights to their games? Do they even make games themselves? I'm guessing they just get kickbacks from liscensing the Puyo name to Sega and that's the way they'll stay.
They sell a fair number of Compile's later PC only games on their site, but other than Pochi to Nya I'm not aware of any original games they've made.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Cthulhu wrote:
Dylan1CC wrote: And what HAS Aika done since they got the rights to their games? Do they even make games themselves? I'm guessing they just get kickbacks from liscensing the Puyo name to Sega and that's the way they'll stay.
They sell a fair number of Compile's later PC only games on their site, but other than Pochi to Nya I'm not aware of any original games they've made.
Kinda what I figured. Thanks for the clarification. If they had enough money and were smart, they could at least make some nice Compile comps in small print run.
serge

Post by serge »

Cthulhu wrote:but other than Pochi to Nya I'm not aware of any original games they've made.
Hmm, wasn't Pochinya the last game released by Compile (circa 2002 for NAOMI/GD-ROM)?
If memory serves, there is even that little Compile's title "song" in the Pochinya's sound test menu.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Let's just hope this petition even goes far, but if it doesn't, there's hardly anything to lose, so that being said, I'll sign.
D

Post by D »

SFKhoa wrote:Let's just hope this petition even goes far, but if it doesn't, there's hardly anything to lose, so that being said, I'll sign.
There's alot to lose like the credibility of petitions.
If every morron starts a petition for every game for every system developpers are likely to take petitions less serious.

That's why I say only start petitions for games that have not been released outside of the arcade:

Raiden Fighters series
Progear
etc.

Nobody backing me up?, that's OK.