Is Vogatek.com legit?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
shaurz

Is Vogatek.com legit?

Post by shaurz »

I ordered the supergun from their website a month ago... maybe there is a long lead time? I've e-mailed them but I get no response.
skyline7

Re: Is Vogatek.com legit?

Post by skyline7 »

I bought a supergun from them about a year ago. It took at least a month, maybe more until it arrived.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Apparently the guy manufactures superguns as he gets the parts for them. Kind of a dumb way to take orders if you ask me. I happened to get some Mk. IIs when he had some complete and in stock, but I have heard of people taking quite some time to get their stuff.
antron

Post by antron »

Took me 6 months.
slap_fight

Post by slap_fight »

wow, sounds like it's really gone down hill. i bought my mk1 when it first came to market and the guy was very friendly over ebay. i seem to recall reading on his auctions saying that it could take a month cos he makes them to order instead of having stock. :cry:
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

slap_fight wrote:wow, sounds like it's really gone down hill. i bought my mk1 when it first came to market and the guy was very friendly over ebay. i seem to recall reading on his auctions saying that it could take a month cos he makes them to order instead of having stock. :cry:
I think his real problem is that he's just not that great at keeping his customers informed of what's going on. He's not a scam artist, but he's not the best businessman either.
shaurz

Post by shaurz »

Alright. I was just worried because I had not had any replies to e-mail. Maybe he's too busy?
antron

Post by antron »

shaurz wrote:Alright. I was just worried because I had not had any replies to e-mail. Maybe he's too busy?
no, he is ignoring you. that's his style.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

I'd call my card company and request a charge back. That will teach him.

No, seriously.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
antron

Post by antron »

He's been through that before. His paypal and bank account were frozen, and he had to change his ebay identity.

I complained to his new identity that I never got my board from his last one, and he sent it. I couldn't believe it. He's not a total crook, just a really bad business man.

But that board works great. He needs to raise the price to cut down demand. It's worth more.