Quick Shienryu Question...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BulletMagnet

Quick Shienryu Question...

Post by BulletMagnet »

Quick question in case anyone knows, once I get an answer I'll post and ask that the thread be closed/deleted.

I've seen a new "Simple 2000" release touted on a few sites, which is coming out in August, which is supposed to contain "Double Shienryu" and "The Helicopter" (whatever that last one is). Here's Play-Asia's listing for it:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-7 ... 43-99.html

One thing I want to know: does the compilation contain the full "Double Shienryu" compilation (that is, both the original Shienryu and Shienryu Explosion), or just the latter, since it's pictured on the cover, and the original Shienryu isn't? According to the P-A listing the package contains 2 discs, but I haven't found anything more specific on that...if anyone knows I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Apparently "The Helicopter" was another previous Simple 2000 release, so the odds are good that both full games are in there, but I figured I'd ask to be sure.
Kiken

Re: Quick Shienryu Question...

Post by Kiken »

BulletMagnet wrote:Quick question in case anyone knows, once I get an answer I'll post and ask that the thread be closed/deleted.

I've seen a new "Simple 2000" release touted on a few sites, which is coming out in August, which is supposed to contain "Double Shienryu" and "The Helicopter" (whatever that last one is). Here's Play-Asia's listing for it:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-7 ... 43-99.html

One thing I want to know: does the compilation contain the full "Double Shienryu" compilation (that is, both the original Shienryu and Shienryu Explosion), or just the latter, since it's pictured on the cover, and the original Shienryu isn't? According to the P-A listing the package contains 2 discs, but I haven't found anything more specific on that...if anyone knows I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Apparently "The Helicopter" was another previous Simple 2000 release, so the odds are good that both full games are in there, but I figured I'd ask to be sure.
"The Double Shineryuu" pertains to both games, as the sequel is entitled Shienryuu Explosion. Also, since it's a 2 disc set, I guess they're just repacking the two seperate releases together.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I figured that was it, but another person's look wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the help, I think that's all I needed to hear. Mods, do yer thing.