HORI PAD EX2

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Zeron

HORI PAD EX2

Post by Zeron »

How is the HORI PAD EX2s D-pad anyway?

Is it responsive? would you recommend it for shoot em ups(im too poor for sticks at the moment)
Which other controller does the d-pad remind you off?

Please dont say its like a SONY D-pad because I hate those abominations.
Fudoh

Re: HORI PAD EX2

Post by Fudoh »

The Hori EX and EX2 are ok. The D-Pad is a mix between SFC/SNES and DC, quite nice.

If you're on a budget and need something GREAT for shoot'em ups, consider the Madcatz portable drum kit controller. It's even better than the Hori and great if you can live with 4 face buttons and no shoulder buttons. You can usually grab this for under 10 EUR on eBay or Amazon.

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Hori Pad EX2 has the cool obligatory auto-fire to utilize with your favorite games + it comes in both solid black and blue colored schemes. Even the Hori RAP EX and the RAP EX-SE arcade joysticks don't have built-in autofire whatsoever (but should've been implemented in the first place) or will require an external autofire PCB hack anyways.

Three different autofire speeds of 5, 12 or 20 shots per second are selectable on the fly with all six buttons mapped out on the Hori Pad EX2. Plus you get an ample 3 meter (or in standard U.S. measurements, 10 foot long) wired controller cable to hook up to the 360 console.

I noticed that at my local Fry's, they sell the Xbox 360 Hori Pad EX2 for a mere $34.97 USD...not a bad price IMO (and not having to deal/pay with S&H charges as well if ordered online).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Fudoh wrote:The Hori EX and EX2 are ok. The D-Pad is a mix between SFC/SNES and DC, quite nice.

If you're on a budget and need something GREAT for shoot'em ups, consider the Madcatz portable drum kit controller. It's even better than the Hori and great if you can live with 4 face buttons and no shoulder buttons. You can usually grab this for under 10 EUR on eBay or Amazon.
Looks great but damn I really like having shoulder buttons

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:The Hori Pad EX2 has the cool obligatory auto-fire to utilize with your favorite games + it comes in both solid black and blue colored schemes. Even the Hori RAP EX and the RAP EX-SE arcade joysticks don't have built-in autofire whatsoever (but should've been implemented in the first place) or will require an external autofire PCB hack anyways.

Three different autofire speeds of 5, 12 or 20 shots per second are selectable on the fly with all six buttons mapped out on the Hori Pad EX2. Plus you get an ample 3 meter (or in standard U.S. measurements, 10 foot long) wired controller cable to hook up to the 360 console.

I noticed that at my local Fry's, they sell the Xbox 360 Hori Pad EX2 for a mere $34.97 USD...not a bad price IMO (and not having to deal/pay with S&H charges as well if ordered online).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Good to hear I think I will place my order tomorrow.