I Tate-ified my Monitor/Desktop.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Blade

I Tate-ified my Monitor/Desktop.

Post by Blade »

This is pretty much optimal for Shmupping I think, plus I can hook up my Game Systems on this puppy now. Much thanks goes to the other Tate-ing Thread here at these forums.

So anyway, anyone else Tate their Desktops? If you do, don't be shy and give a screenshot. 8) :P

And for those of you who don't have Tate-able monitors, don't hate, just get one, you won't regret it! <3
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I just rotate mine for MAME and whatnot, and just rotate it back when I'm done. Plus it doesn't really help that it rotates the wrong way :\
Blade

Post by Blade »

If you use Mame emulators like Mame 32K you can rotate it left or right for a lot of games.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

My LCD (a Dell 2001FP) works great for TATE in MAME. Unfortunately, the base rotates the wrong way for most console shmups with TATE, but I can just pull it off the stand and prop it up on something. Ghetto-riffic, to be sure, but it works. What I should do is put together some sort of a stand I can stick a VESA wall mount on and use that to TATE for consoles.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

iatneH wrote:I just rotate mine for MAME and whatnot, and just rotate it back when I'm done.
Same here. I can't play WoW in TATE. :)
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

The nvrotate feature is nice, isn't it? I'd leave my monitor in permanent tate, but it looks HORRIBLE like that. :cry:
Blow up self to involve enemies.
Capt. Takehiko

Post by Capt. Takehiko »

The stand for mine allows it to spin. I don't play many emulators, mainly consoles via a VGA. And at that, mainly DC.
The Captain.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I used to keep my CRT monitor like that, but the trial period expired for the software I used (my video card doesn't natively support rotation).

Originally I did it so I wouldn't have to switch between TATE and non-TATE all the time, but I really like the vertical setup better for web browsing, programming, and word processing.
Dewclaw

Post by Dewclaw »

That's pretty cool. Where can I find a program to make mine do that?
Davey

Post by Davey »

If your video card supports rotation (most newer ones do), you can get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, which should include a utility that lets you set the rotation. This was the case for the nVidia card I had at my old job, anyway.

If your card doesn't natively support rotation, there's a product called Pivot Pro that lets you do it:
http://personalcomputing.portrait.com/u ... rview.html
I liked it, but I'm too cheap to pay for it.

Rotation is nice because you don't have to scroll as much. After using it, you start to realize how silly it is that computers come with horizontal displays, even though most of the things we look at are vertical in nature (web pages, Word documents, PDFs, etc.).
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

Ahh.. too many Icons :shock:

Do you keep it tate'd while working onthe computer?

I must say-

Why are you so long inthe face?

Well thats because I tate
My Trying Not To
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Sorry to revive this old topic, but I just got my Dell 2001FP and need help getting the portrait mode working. I have a laptop, and when I downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers for my Mobility Radeon 9600 the laptop display got screwed up (though, I was able to rotate the 2001FP). Is there any way for me to get it to work, other than buying Pivot Pro? I'd really rather not throw away $50 when I know my videocard can do it.
superhitachi4

Post by superhitachi4 »