Valley View Mall...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
zro

Valley View Mall...

Post by zro »

On the Dragon Blaze machine at VV mall I sign my scores as ZRO.

There is a guy/girl who signs his/her title as EKE. I was just wondering if that person posted here. That would be awesome if we could meet up sometime and share strategies or even get some 2 player action going.

I don't know what happened, but, the other day we must've missed eachother by a matter of minutes because I left to go get some chinese take-out and returned to see my last score had been beaten by about one hundred thosuand, and lo and behold, it was EKE. 2 quarters later I beat that score and signed ZRO.

So... EKE..... your samurai shmupping skills seem to be good. If you post here, let me know!
Zigfried the Trizealot

Post by Zigfried the Trizealot »

WTH, Valley View has a Dragon Blaze machine?!?!

Do they have anything else of note?
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

We SERIOUSLY have to get a D/FW shmupmeet going. There's more of us around here than I thought.
Blow up self to involve enemies.
russ

Post by russ »

Holy crap, I didn't know they had any shmups at valley view! And I'm all for the shmupmeet - I live in Lewisville, a little town by Grapevine and Denton. But damn, I'll have to stop by a drop a few quarters into that Dragon Blaze...
"No beer until you've finished your tequila!"
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Wow... the memories. Haven't been to that mall in years.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

That mall sounds familiar. It is near Sherman? If it's the mall I think it is, I wouldn't mind going there next time I visit my relatives down in Texas.
zro

Post by zro »

Zigfried the Trizealot wrote:WTH, Valley View has a Dragon Blaze machine?!?!

Do they have anything else of note?
i just found out today that they are getting rid of dragon blaze, but keeping 1942...
zro

Post by zro »

well it's summer. how does july sound for a shmup meet? i have 4 tv's in my house, we could bring them all into one room and get it going on, or, whatever. any weekend in july is good for me.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Sorry to be totally off topic: I miss the Niners/Cowboys rivalry of the 90s. :(
dok_industrial

Post by dok_industrial »

hey dallas shmuppers...

check the shmupmeet section of the forum...there's been a little talk of a texas get-together. me, i'm all about a dallas meeting (though i can offer little more than some poor skillz and a friendly disposition...)
SpiffyShoes

Post by SpiffyShoes »

I can't believe they got rid of the Dragon Blaze!! At least they still have Striker 1945 II but its not 2 player. :(
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Hey -- don't you post at Shoryuken... in the HW forum anyway? How could I forget that name... or anyone from Dallas for that matter. :)
SpiffyShoes

Post by SpiffyShoes »

Whats up! Yeah I post over on SRK a bunch. How is Honolulu treating you?
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Not as good as Tokyo did. It's okay though... just need to get out more. Sleeping on the floor these days (no... not in trouble) so it's hard to get a good night's sleep.

I'm actually in the middle of constructing a stick. DC Arcade to PS2. Might nag you in a PM. :)

So how's Dallas? I went back (to Garland) twice this year, but it's all hanging out w/ the family as I never see them. Gaming is limited to my GBA.
SpiffyShoes

Post by SpiffyShoes »

Dallas is allright. Nothing special really going on here.

Good news on the Dragon Blaze though. Turns out they moved it over to the Richardson Square Mall over off of Arapaho and Plano Rd.