Mero

Re: Sonic Wings (aka Aero Fighters)

Post by Mero »

EmperorIng wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:02 am EmperorIng - 1,251,800 - ALL - Mao
Thread is up to date. Congrats!
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

EmperorIng wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:02 am Well it finally happened... and still in January too! I wasn't expecting to close out the month with reaching one of my (as of yet unpublished) 2024 goals. Hurray!

Sonic Wings
EmperorIng - 1,251,800 - ALL - Mao

Great achievement congrats!
Prickly Angler

Post by Prickly Angler »

Sonic Wings
Prickly Angler- 626,100 - 2-1 - Kohful - PS4 : https://youtu.be/oB5JY5byFQ8

For whatever reasons this game took me a while to clear, had so many chokes on the final stage, can't recall having worse chokes than this in any other shmup before (or they were more difficult games with good reasons to choke). The more I play this game the more I found it frustrating in the most incomprehensible way, I don't really like the fact that the beginning is so boring and the end so hard in comparison. Still an important shmup for the evolution of the genre.

@ :EmperorIng : congrats ! That one was one heck of a jank challenge. I play to revisit the game with different characters, had a few trys with Keith but choking in the late game as usual. Villiam seems fun to play. Btw Rocco the owner of Mikado Spain cleared the game on PCB with all characters besides Keaton and T-Bee (he says they're the worst), no replays though.