shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:29 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: RQ: DODONPACHI Cant get 1 Bee on stage 2!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:03 am 

Hi i was hoping some1 could help me with this.
The Bee im referring 2 is the one above the blue ground container on the left hand side. Y,now the thing where either one or two tanks comes out the back.
I use CS and i cant figure out how to collect that bee and keep the chain going.
I will be very greatfull if you can help me with this as it will mean i can get the first 3 stages perfect all bees and chains :-)
Many thanx in advance

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: RQ: DODONPACHI Cant get 1 Bee on stage 2!!!!
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:47 am 

It's not possible.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:14 am 

LOL! Ah well that would explain it then. lol well thats a loada bollix anyways. Thanks for the reply m8.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:56 pm 

yea its a shame theres no way to collect every bee and chain at the same time as i like collecting bees as much if not more then chaining.

I dont know yet if its possible to chain and collect bees in stages 4 5 and 6 since most of my time is spent playing the first 3 stages but I really hope that i can bee and chain atleast 4 stages as its a prereqasive for the 2nd loop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:53 am 

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:
yea its a shame theres no way to collect every bee and chain at the same time as i like collecting bees as much if not more then chaining.

I dont know yet if its possible to chain and collect bees in stages 4 5 and 6 since most of my time is spent playing the first 3 stages but I really hope that i can bee and chain atleast 4 stages as its a prereqasive for the 2nd loop.

Chaining stage 2 alone will get you the loop via max chain (270, 300, 330 for A, B, C types respectively), since it's 400-some chain if you chain it all. The rest of the stages are possible to get all the bees in while maintaining your chain, including 2-2, I think.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:18 pm 

Nice info. Getting a max chain and all bees on stage 4 is frustratingly difficult with cs tho, especially the one which pops up right in front of the tank where the orange tank comes out at the same time at the end of the stage. And the one on the right hand side opposite the flowers grrr the heartake caused by those bees lol!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:27 am 

Although Ive only really used the CS shot myself watching Prometheus' CS laser replay it looks like due to the ship moving faster in focus mode and shooting a less powerfull shot that it could be allot better to bee and chain then the CS shot (either that or it just seem like that due to hes skills making the game look easy.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:31 pm 

Bear in mind killing enemies with shot gives you more chain bar

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:49 am 

Update on this bee!

I was practicing stage 2 chaining but couldn't find any resources on the web for getting this particular bee. So I found a way to get it consistently with B-S just recently and saw if I could do it with C-S for the purpose of updating this thread. It's much harder with C-S, but that's the price you pay for using the slowest ship in the game.

Here is how you can reproduce this:
    1. Chain through the first part of the stage as normal, collecting the first two bees and killing the first big tank from the blue building in time for a second one.
    2. While killing the green tanks over to the right, make sure your left option doesn't damage the second tank coming from the left building and that you don't destroy the right blue building too quickly.
    3. Reveal the bee over to the right, and collect it.
    4. Go back down to close to the bottom of the screen, comboing off the blue building.
    5. Hang on the left side of the first tank coming out of the right building. Make sure to destroy it quickly enough that a second tank comes out. When it is destroyed, immediately move left and reveal the bee to the right of the green circle with the power up carrier.
    6. While moving to the left, release the shot button temporarily for a speed boost. Don't press up or down while going left since it slows you down. You should connect to the left tank.
    7. Go over to the very left of the screen, staying near as possible to the top of the tank while making sure your laser stays connected to it. When the tank is destroyed, your laser should continue through to the bee, activating it.
    8. From here, you have two options: Either quickly move up until you collect the bee and move right to connect to the carrier, or connect to left side of the carrier, and once it blows quickly move left to collect the bee and move back right to connect to the grounded star carrier.
    9. Move over to the right quickly so that the star carrier doesn't explode too fast and you have nothing to connect to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 am 

Watch this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm 

NTSC-J wrote:
Watch this.

What the...he no misses/no bombs the entire friggin´game :shock: :shock: and unless my eyes deceive me i would say it´s a new WR, unless the STG Hall of records entry is outdated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:57 am 

Unfortunately, it's a tool-assisted run.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:29 pm 

NTSC-J wrote:
Unfortunately, it's a tool-assisted run.

Yeah, it's not a real run, it's just to show a NMNB is theoretically possible as well as getting full chains, all bees, etc.

Out of curiosity, why are the ships with wider shots the ones with stricter chain requirements? It seems like it'd be easier to kill stuff too quickly with C-S, thus making the even higher loop chain requirement rougher. Is it because the wider shot types are easier to play as?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 am 

BareknuckleRoo wrote:
Out of curiosity, why are the ships with wider shots the ones with stricter chain requirements? It seems like it'd be easier to kill stuff too quickly with C-S, thus making the even higher loop chain requirement rougher. Is it because the wider shot types are easier to play as?

In theory, a wide shot means you can get to an enemy on the opposite side of the stage more quickly than you could with a narrow shot.

With C-L, I've noticed that you barely even need to try that hard to get 330 hits in stage 5, as long as you're constantly shooting and manage not to die. With C-S it'd be even easier, I imagine.

Offline Profile