Super gun Suppliers

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
vp002

Super gun Suppliers

Post by vp002 »

Dear all,

Apologies for bieng a noob but does any of you nice people know where i can buy a supergun from ? Also if anyone makes them i would be interested in prices etc etc,

thanks in advance,

Vp002 (vinny)
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Super gun Suppliers

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Vogatek based out of Germany is one such person whom sells PCBs to craft your own DIY supergun project.

You could try posting a Wanted to Buy a Supergun on the Trading section of shmups.org and see what comes up. In the past, some fellow shmuppers like tech god Matt Ross and Fire Bug would accept orders for superguns and custom make them to your specs.

Good luck on gettng one, they're worth their weight in gold just to play arcade shmup PCBs in the convienence of your home if you don't have room for a traditional candy cab setup. Don't forget to pick up a proper low resolution 15kHz CRT-based RGB monitor for that old school aestethics (such as scan lines) & charm.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Fire-bug is moving house apparently.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
vp002

Post by vp002 »

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies.

Vinny
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Fire-bug is moving house apparently.
and has also stated he does not plan on building/modding anymore superguns/projects
antron

Post by antron »

****read until the end of this post****

Vogatek is a con man. He sends some people stuff, and rips others off. He will send you emails designed to push your complaints to ebay past the 45 day cutoff. This is well documented on neo-geo forums.

look, he has a new face on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MK-III-neogeo-mvs-a ... 3a5a353c4e

here is his old feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... =50&page=2

Edit:
I just told the new ebay seller (it is Romeo/Vogatek) that I never got my adapter I ordered from arcade-blazer. He said he would send one out tomorrow with tracking. Stay tuned.

Just in:
I actually received it. Ordered in Nov - got it in May, but it looks great. I guess Romeo just was having a bad time around new year.
Last edited by antron on Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

You gon git scammed ^_~

My advice, make your own if you possibly can; dealing with Fire-Bug has been a pain in the ass (probably was more expensive than it needed to be) and yet I didn't cop it nearly as bad as many other people. If you are serious about the hobby you should pick up some skills and not rely on the benevolence of strangers.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

jonny5 wrote:
neorichieb1971 wrote:Fire-bug is moving house apparently.
and has also stated he does not plan on building/modding anymore superguns/projects

Fire-bug doesn't always keep his word. I know for a fact he's got a mortal kombat project on the go right now. I think he's just tied up with other things but i'm sure eventually he will possibly do the odd one here and there. He's currently modding mine for svideo, although its been in his hands for a considerable time now.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Ask ShoppingMallJapan if they'll order off Mak-jp.com?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
undamned

Post by undamned »

I really wish my plate wasn't so full :cry: I'd love to knock out some superguns for folks. Ed Oscuro is right, though. It's best to learn how the stuff works (very simple stuff, actually) and DIY. You will feel incredible when you see a PCB come up on the screen :D
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Yup. DIY is the way to go for simple electronics projects such as these. As long as you know how to hold a soldering iron you're good to go; the work involves not much more than connectig a bunch of pins. And even if you don't know how to hold one, that's easy to learn. Just be careful when messing with a PSU :wink: