Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
bcass

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra (XBox 360)

Post by bcass »

Another feather in the cap for digital distribution. :wink:
dingsbums

Post by dingsbums »

I thought about contacting Play-Asia for a new copy of the game. But I'm located in Germany - so it would take roughly 1 - 2 weeks to send the game back to Play-Asia plus the same ammount of time for sending the new copy to me. And I have to take the shipping costs also (1x). So I didn't go that way - instead I sent the disc today to http://redisk.de/ - that's a CD/DVD repairing service company in Germany. I have used them once and the disc looked like new again (and restoring one disc costs only 5 Euro incl. shipping) + I don't have to wait 4 weeks to finally play Ketsui. 8)
https://twitter.com/Madstalker80
Skykid wrote: Get ready for the big bad world to fuck you up the ass in ways you never believed possible.
Burningvigor

Post by Burningvigor »

Honest opinion. How fun is Ketsui? Im thinking either this or DS2..
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Burningvigor wrote:Honest opinion. How fun is Ketsui? Im thinking either this or DS2..
Do you have a tate setup? I wouldn't play Ketsui without one.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

unless it's big enough :P

I play it on a 50" plasma screen and I love it, more than playing on my 24" monitor in portrait mode.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Elixir wrote:
Burningvigor wrote:Honest opinion. How fun is Ketsui? Im thinking either this or DS2..
why? not a flame...honest question....
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

jonny5 wrote:
Elixir wrote:
Don't like it. I have a 19" tate'd CRT alongside a 20" LCD, but if I only had the LCD I'd definitely play DS IIX over Ketsui. I don't like playing stuff inside frames. Remember: this game is full 16:9, unlike the original Deathsmiles.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Elixir wrote:
jonny5 wrote:
Elixir wrote: Do you have a tate setup? I wouldn't play Ketsui without one.
Don't like it. I have a 19" tate'd CRT alongside a 20" LCD, but if I only had the LCD I'd definitely play DS IIX over Ketsui. I don't like playing stuff inside frames. Remember: this game is full 16:9, unlike the original Deathsmiles.
oh ok...i see what you are saying....

finally tried it on the weekend on the 50" in yoko

personally i find playing any shmup on a big screen in yoko weird.....viewing angle, lack of low-res, distance from the screen.....it all feels weird and awkward....but thats all down to preference and what you are used to

forgot to try x-mode though...wanted to see what was up with that
Zero Gunner

Post by Zero Gunner »

Elixir wrote:
Zweihander wrote:It was only $130 at an animu convention,
Considering it's now selling in the 5000 yen mark on Amazon.jp, or $50-60 USD for the Limited Edition, I'm sorry to hear that.
WTF WTF WTF!!!! That's freaking half the price almost!!! I don't get it....is the game just not selling? Why in the hell would Amazon half price it two weeks after release. OMG I am NEVER buying Cave products at retail again. This stuff holds it's value like a rotten, two week old bucket of KFC! Bullshit! Death Smiles 1's LE and Arcade Stick, Mushihime LE, and now Ketsui.....and these games don't even hold their value as long a friggin Spongebob Square Pants game does. What the hell. Seriously can someone explain this to me? Used Cave PS2 games can go for hundreds of dollars but their new games sell for half price two weeks later?!?! WTF.....

EDIT: Ok so it's not actually only two weeks it's a full month now but seriously? This is ridiculous. Never again will I be hosed by a Cave product....
*sig removed*
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Zero Gunner wrote:EDIT: Ok so it's not actually only two weeks it's a full month now but seriously? This is ridiculous. Never again will I be hosed by a 5pb product....
Fixed.

Console games in general don't hold value unless they become rare, but both of 5pb's Cave ports were ahead of the curve.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Zero Gunner wrote:
Elixir wrote:
Zweihander wrote:It was only $130 at an animu convention,
Considering it's now selling in the 5000 yen mark on Amazon.jp, or $50-60 USD for the Limited Edition, I'm sorry to hear that.
WTF WTF WTF!!!! That's freaking half the price almost!!! I don't get it....is the game just not selling? Why in the hell would Amazon half price it two weeks after release. OMG I am NEVER buying Cave products at retail again. This stuff holds it's value like a rotten, two week old bucket of KFC! Bullshit! Death Smiles 1's LE and Arcade Stick, Mushihime LE, and now Ketsui.....and these games don't even hold their value as long a friggin Spongebob Square Pants game does. What the hell. Seriously can someone explain this to me? Used Cave PS2 games can go for hundreds of dollars but their new games sell for half price two weeks later?!?! WTF.....

EDIT: Ok so it's not actually only two weeks it's a full month now but seriously? This is ridiculous. Never again will I be hosed by a Cave product....
I have even seen Espgaluda II LE for less than 5000y, but the DS LE I have seen it for around 8000y(preowned) and ketsui LE for 7000y a week after release in Akiba. Don't know what's the problem maybe is because X360 is an american console and PS2 is Japanese.
lmagus

Post by lmagus »

Wow, for 5000y i'd get a ESP2 LE for the faceplate
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Wtf, is that question for real? :|

Ketsui you nutcase!
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

chempop

Post by chempop »

I've said it once, I'll say it again

when people piss and moan about shmup console port prices/value/availability I can't help but wonder why there isn't a shred of appreciation for the fact that we can even buy these games at a reasonable price to begin with. It's like OMG OMG I could have saved like $40 if I waited for it to go on sale, I hate you CAVE!!!! Come on people, you already saved over $1000 buy waiting for a port to begin with, show a little gratitude. :roll:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Burningvigor

Post by Burningvigor »

Just curious. What makes Ketsui so good? I remember people in these forums were always asking for a port to hit console, and it seems in general people like this game a lot.

Just want to know what makes it stand out as a great shmup over others. :mrgreen:
Alien Soldier

Post by Alien Soldier »

Burningvigor wrote:Just curious. What makes Ketsui so good? I remember people in these forums were always asking for a port to hit console, and it seems in general people like this game a lot.

Just want to know what makes it stand out as a great shmup over others. :mrgreen:
jonny5 wrote:

Image 5 or die bitches!!
chempop

Post by chempop »

Just curious. What makes Ketsui so good
Less bizarre scoring
More straightforward shooting

Less panty fetish
More airship+tank fetish

Less predictable straight-lined bullet curtains
More twisted, turning, and rotating weaves

Those are the main reasons I like it so good.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

chempop wrote:I've said it once, I'll say it again

when people piss and moan about shmup console port prices/value/availability I can't help but wonder why there isn't a shred of appreciation for the fact that we can even buy these games at a reasonable price to begin with. It's like OMG OMG I could have saved like $40 if I waited for it to go on sale, I hate you CAVE!!!! Come on people, you already saved over $1000 buy waiting for a port to begin with, show a little gratitude. :roll:
This.
How the fuck would one complain about that? The games are meant to be played and not sold later.
The one who buys games just to sell them later at profit gets my official seal of douche.
jugu

Post by jugu »

dingsbums wrote:Finally got my copy yesterday - and what happened :?:
During shipping the CD slipped out of the holder and that's why the CD was scratched to death :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: It was so bad that the game refused to start :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
One of the days you better stayed in bed :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Only word I have right now: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D
This happened to my copy ordered from Play-Asia as well. The disc had 3 scuff marks, but I was able to remove them with a microfiber cloth. The xbox didn't have any trouble reading the disc before removing the scuff marks. It is a pretty awful feeling to open your package and hear the disc bouncing around the case.

jugu
Joe T.

Post by Joe T. »

Zero Gunner wrote: WTF WTF WTF!!!! That's freaking half the price almost!!! I don't get it....is the game just not selling? Why in the hell would Amazon half price it two weeks after release. OMG I am NEVER buying Cave products at retail again. This stuff holds it's value like a rotten, two week old bucket of KFC! Bullshit! Death Smiles 1's LE and Arcade Stick, Mushihime LE, and now Ketsui.....and these games don't even hold their value as long a friggin Spongebob Square Pants game does. What the hell. Seriously can someone explain this to me? Used Cave PS2 games can go for hundreds of dollars but their new games sell for half price two weeks later?!?! WTF.....

Aww, Is this the first video game you've bought all by yourself, big guy? :cry:
yosai

Post by yosai »

Zero Gunner wrote:This stuff holds it's value like a rotten, two week old bucket of KFC! Bullshit! Death Smiles 1's LE and Arcade Stick, Mushihime LE, and now Ketsui.....and these games don't even hold their value as long a friggin Spongebob Square Pants game does...What the hell. Seriously can someone explain this to me? Used Cave PS2 games can go for hundreds of dollars but their new games sell for half price two weeks later?!?! WTF.....
When stuff is readily available nobody is interested. As soon as it becomes more uncommon it becomes more desirable.

Check the ebay prices of Kesui X/Spongebob in a couple of years on and then post back. :mrgreen:
ncp

Post by ncp »

jugu wrote:
dingsbums wrote:[snip]
This happened to my copy ordered from Play-Asia as well. The disc had 3 scuff marks, but I was able to remove them with a microfiber cloth. The xbox didn't have any trouble reading the disc before removing the scuff marks. It is a pretty awful feeling to open your package and hear the disc bouncing around the case.

jugu
oh sup, this happened to me too. Wonder if it's P-A's fault or just a horribly weak case?
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Burningvigor wrote:Just curious. What makes Ketsui so good? I remember people in these forums were always asking for a port to hit console, and it seems in general people like this game a lot.

It'll chew you up and spit out the seeds sport. That's all you need to know.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Skykid wrote:

It'll chew you up and spit out the seeds sport. That's all you need to know.
But not before grinding those seeds into a fine, fine powder as well. :twisted:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Alien Soldier wrote:

jonny5 wrote:

Image 5 or die bitches!!
exactly.... 8)
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

So after spending more time with the game, my opinions haven't changed : X mode is fun, regular mode not so much.

I find the counter in regular mode way too difficult to control, which only leaves me with the point-blank-everything option (which I do not like). The counter is far more predictable in X mode, which solves those issues (and the bullet canceling is nice).

I still prefer Deathsmiles. Sorry KDF... :(
:lol:
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Deathsmiles is a tasty snack. Ketsui is a meal. It's why Cinderella Amber looks like a golden turkey!
FULL LOCK is BOMB
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

This port is superb. ATM I really HATE X Mode though, as the 5-chip release just doesn't click with me at all in it. I thought it was a fun mode at first, but sometimes the "chain" just breaks and I'm dumbfounded to why. But, I'm falling in love all over again with the arcade mode instead.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
clp

Post by clp »

Cuilan wrote:So after spending more time with the game, my opinions haven't changed : X mode is fun, regular mode not so much.

I find the counter in regular mode way too difficult to control, which only leaves me with the point-blank-everything option (which I do not like). The counter is far more predictable in X mode, which solves those issues (and the bullet canceling is nice).

I still prefer Deathsmiles. Sorry KDF... :(
Its a skill level thing man one day you will go back to it and be like FUK YEH!
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

emphatic wrote:This port is superb. ATM I really HATE X Mode though, as the 5-chip release just doesn't click with me at all in it. I thought it was a fun mode at first, but sometimes the "chain" just breaks and I'm dumbfounded to why. But, I'm falling in love all over again with the arcade mode instead.
This might help: if you stop firing, for more than about a second, the chain timer drops like a stone. Also killing things with lock shot doesn't boost the counter as much as with A shot.