GD: Raiden Fighters Jet

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Ste

Post by Ste »

How do you get the miclus' to appear? Is it just a case of hovering over the correct part of the screen, or are other triggers involved? Tried to get the first one for ages last night and only managed it once. How people find htese things amazes me, after all what's the chance of finding a secret by hovering over one very tiny part of a level?!
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Ste wrote:How do you get the miclus' to appear? Is it just a case of hovering over the correct part of the screen, or are other triggers involved? Tried to get the first one for ages last night and only managed it once. How people find htese things amazes me, after all what's the chance of finding a secret by hovering over one very tiny part of a level?!
Yeah you have to hover for a couple of seconds over a certain part of the screen at a certain time.

In stage 20 there's one underneath each big turret. Beware of the small drones coming from top of the screen crashing into you/point-blanking you though.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

For the Miclus at the end of Level 1, I somehow received x9 for it once. How did I do that?
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

cigsthecat wrote:For the Miclus at the end of Level 1, I somehow received x9 for it once. How did I do that?
That Miclus gives me the nine little medals which forms the gold bars. And there's no enemies except the two tanks on the left. Very interesting indeed.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Right after I get the nine medals, I destroy the little tank above it for the first 10,000 pt medal. I thought it had something do with that, but I've never managed to replicate that happy accident.

My best for the stage is around 10 million, usually about 9 though.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Perhaps you chained the four turrets on the boss first, and maybe something before that. I know that you can get 2x Destroyed At A Time and 4x Quick Shot for those turrets, which gives you roughly a 6x multiplier.

If you were fast enough; waited a bit before attacking the boss turrets; or set up to activate the Miculs by hovering over it's activating location for only a second (since you can "bank" the activation time to release Micluses faster, and whenever you choose) then you can possibly link the Miclus in to the boss turret chain.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

I think I've hung up Garegga for a long time, I just don't think I'm skilled enough to take out the bullet-spam boss on stage 6. Perhaps that is due to the "input delay" people talk about in the emulated version... though I am curious why Garegga would be the only game to have that delay.

Anyhow, RFJ has caught my eye in a big way. Tons of ship options (i.e. massive variable strategy options), graphics are beautiful, no annoying voice-overs, tons of scoring secrets like Garegga, but my favorite; the "rank" based level changes!!!! That is so cool ;)

I'm a bit fuzzy on how to access all these great levels, though. I don't *think* I am varying my strategies much during play, but every now and again I'll access some completely new level that I've never seen before. For instance there was a rose-colored-cloud stage that I accessed once, as well as an iced over sea stage, where some submarines COMPLETELY owned me (sorry I forget the level number correlations).

Anyone know what criteria need to be filled to access each indivicual level?
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

It's been a while, but IIRC:

Level 1 Hangar Base -

Level 5 Canyon- Good performance here gets you to 15 instead of 10.

Level 10 Beach - If you play very poorly in 1 and/or 5 you will be here.

Level 15 Swamp - Good performance here will get you to 30 instead of 20.

Level 20 Desert - Die in 15, and you will be at 20 instead of 30. Depending on how you do in 20, you will either go to 35 as your last level, or go to 40.

Level 30 Sky - Don't die on this stage and you will go to 45 instead of 40. I am not sure where you will go after 30 if you lost live(s) before 30m but none during 30. If you haven't lost a life yet after beating 30, 45 awaits you.

Level 35 Sky Sunset -

Level 40 Sea - If you lose live(s) here you will go to 50. If you have the gold bars and don't die in the level, you will head to Phase 1. I forgot whether you will go to Phase 1 or 50 if you lost two lives prior to 40, but you're scoring well. If you haven't chained for the big 2 million medal, and its subsequent gold bars, then you will go to 50 instead of Phase 1.

Level 45 Sea Snowstorm - Depending on performance, either go to Phase 1 or 50?

Level 50 - Snow covered landscape -

Phase 1 Night sky - Get here by not dying on 40 and with gold bars. Or not dying on 45 and with gold bars.

Phase 2 Enemy base - Very fun stage. Two bosses awaits you.

Damn I got a headache from rereading it. That should be about it. Please feel free to correct me(Cigs, Alluro, Venom...)
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Cool, thanks for the info IlMrm! The bit about needing to avoid gold bars in order to get to level 50 is precious info... explains a lot about why I haven't been able to get back to that level for a long time (as once I learned how to activate gold bars... I do it every time).
J5983

Post by J5983 »

IlMrm wrote:
Level 1 -
The Miclus from Alluro's video. That's important in getting you the gold bars in the first level.

Level 15 - Miclus in the "hole" in the forest on the right side, after the first bomber(the same bomber as in the beginning of level one). Hover above the hole.
EDIT: Okay, so it's on the very right side of the screen.

And what is the condition for getting the level 15 miclus? Quickshot everything?
Touhou and Rozen Maiden image board:
http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/
Touhou wiki:
http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

J5983 wrote:
And what is the condition for getting the level 15 miclus? Quickshot everything?
IIRC quickshot all the little bombers(I think there are nine of them) and the fairy will pop out. For the Miclus I think all you have to do is hover over the appropriate places.

I could be wrong though, it's been a long time since I played it. :(
J5983

Post by J5983 »

I ask because supposedly there is a Miclus over this hole in the forest, but I've never gotten it.
Touhou and Rozen Maiden image board:
http://www.pooshlmer.com/wakaba/
Touhou wiki:
http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/
Ste

Post by Ste »

Have you looked at Alluro's 1CC video? It's probably in there if you want to get an idea of what causes it to appear.
[ste]
"No cars go
Where we know"
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

J5983 wrote:I ask because supposedly there is a Miclus over this hole in the forest, but I've never gotten it.
That one is tricky to get, but it is there. Alluro would be the one to ask, or watch his video.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

There are three miclii in Level 15, actually.

The first one is to the right edge of the screen, just before the large body of water in the middle of the stage. Hover over the tree to the right of this small clearing you can see (the "hole" as some have described it) and the miclus will appear in the clearing.

There are two just after the large body of water as well. The large tank that appears to the left of the screen (which drops a Slave icon when destroyed) has two lone trees next to it, one on either side. hover over both to release a miclus each.

Time it right and you can link in these two miclii with the chain you get from Discovered The Fairy (from the large tank on the far right) to four Quick Shot on the large twinbladed choppers. 6x done normally (without miclii), 8x to 9x for master players.
arcademan

Post by arcademan »

my raiden fighters jet version won,t let me go to level 15 what shud ido :x
arcademan

Post by arcademan »

my raiden fighters jet version won,t let me go to level 15 what shud ido :x
arcademan

Post by arcademan »

alumon i ned your help :o
arcademan

Post by arcademan »

Allouro i need your help my raiden fighters jet version wont let me go to level 15 or phaes 1 or 2 :shock:
arcademan

Post by arcademan »

Alluro i need your help my raiden fighters jet version wont let me go to level 15 or phaes 1 or 2 :shock:
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

Arcademan, perhaps if you explain in detail what your problem is, rather than spamming the thread with multiple posts with bad spelling, I can answer it better. I can't tell if your issue is a hardware related one or a gameplay-related one.

In any rate, to reach level 15, finish level 10 with a good score or don't die. To reach Phase 1, do exceptionally well in level 40 (don't die) or do respectably in level 45.
The age of Alluro and JudgeSpear is over.
arcademan

Post by arcademan »

i think its game relatied :(
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Can anyone help me out, on stage 15, the forest level or whatever (3rd level), I cannot get that damn Miclus to appear out of the hole in the woods or whatever.

Cany anyone help me out? I hover above the damn thing litereally from when it appears to when it disappears off the bottom of the screen, and I get nothin.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

The positioning is a little weird on that one, you have to hover a little above, and to the right of the hole, if I remember correctly.
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
unsane

Re: GD: Raiden Fighters Jet

Post by unsane »

Something simple but useful that isn't mentioned anywhere: when using a ship with spiral bomb (e.g. Slave [Ixion]), holding the bomb button for a while before releasing allows you to land it anywhere you want higher up the screen. The small ball of light also eliminates anything in its path along the way.
esreveR

GD: Raiden Fighters Jet

Post by esreveR »

I fail so hard, this isn't even a gameplay-related question ;_;

I hear that you can get alternate palettes for Raiden Fighters Jet planes by pressing BOMB or something, but I ran it in MAME to try it out, and I just get the same palette! What am I doing wrong?

Running the usual "rfjet" rom, I'm pretty sure it's the international version or something. Using version 0.135.3.0 of MAMEUI32.

Also, as a side-note: Viper Phase 1 also seems pretty weird, but in this case the background tiles are all wonky and crap. I don't know what's causing that either, but I'd like the first question answered more...

Edit: Oh hey! Did you know that there's actually a bunch of tanks the big tank can run over on Level 15? Yeah. If you don't shoot any of them, any that the boss runs over release fairies. There's a couple that appear first thing when the big tracks appear, and you have to keep them alive before the boss fight comes. It's pretty hard, but I've gotten it before...

Edit again: Just tried it out again. There's a total of four the boss can run over.
WARNING: TARGET APPROACHING!!
Sasupoika

Re: GD: Raiden Fighters Jet

Post by Sasupoika »

Are you talking about slave ships?
Push down bomb-button, press start, select ship, enjoy being slave.

I haven't heard about any palette-swaps anyway.
ImageImage