Alzadick

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
scrilla4rella

Alzadick

Post by scrilla4rella »

How is this game? I'm interested in it but the only copy i've seen is 93' caravan version. me thinks that the regular version is another one of the many $100+ games on PCE. Have any of y'all played it. Is is worth hunting down the regular version?

c-
jp

Re: Alzadick

Post by jp »

scrilla4rella wrote:How is this game? I'm interested in it but the only copy i've seen is 93' caravan version. me thinks that the regular version is another one of the many $100+ games on PCE. Have any of y'all played it. Is is worth hunting down the regular version?

c-

As far as I know the Summer Carnival version is the only one of the PC-Engine CD...
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Yeah, I've never seen a non-carnival PCE version either. I think that's it.
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Al might very well be an Asshole...but he certainly ain't a Dick.

Its a "caravan game". Don't expect an actual game with bosses etc.
Nexzr Summer Carnival 93 is more what you might be looking for.
Tychom

Post by Tychom »

Yeah it's just a caravan game and with just a handful of levels. As such it can be 'completed' within 30mins of it arriving in the mail.

As a game it's really fairly average too, it plays like a dozen earlier pce verts, the weapon system is nothing you won't' have encountered previously.

It does have a nice style though IMO, the two stages feels almost monochrome and very grungy.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

It's all about the score in Alzadick, and I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of competition in the high-score thread, seeing as the game is so bloody cheap.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

i was waiting for someone to coment on the title. I think I wll end up checking out the game. Like ghegs said it's hella cheap.

thanks for the comments

c-