Crimzon Clover (PC, 2011 version)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Tyjet

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by Tyjet »

Just press "P" and the game will take a shot of just the game. I didn't know that until I read the readme file
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
Anesthetize

Post by Anesthetize »

Tyjet wrote:Just press "P" and the game will take a shot of just the game. I didn't know that until I read the readme file
Thanks a ton. And to post it here I just upload it to a site and then paste the url with the 'Img' button?

New score today:

1.00 Original - Type I:
Anesthetize - 474億7283万5900 - x5440 - Stage 4

Finally got past the Stage 4 midboss, but died before I could reach the stage boss.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Stage 4 midboss is a bitch. Don't try to stream from the sides - just run up to the top left as soon as it starts to broadside you (in my case, since I'm a leftie) and stream back down as slowly as possible, using a micro-tap as soon as a bullet approaches you. Or cross over at the top, if you're feeling daring.

Don't forget to mash lasers at it - if you keep up the assault and make sure to fire at it when you can, it'll fall before you need to repeat the streaming pattern a third time. (This is a good thing, because every time you repeat the pattern it gets tougher.)
I used to find the midboss a huge problem, but as long as you stay off the bottom of the screen it's not so hard. I can cosistently deal with it now. :D
Darkslime

Post by Darkslime »

Hoo. Here's my first Original mode run I'm willing to post the score for. And may I say, holy shit, x6.0 multiplier with >1000 time for ALL of the second part of stage 5 is fucking amazing. I pretty much jumped from 500億 to 1000億 in that part alone. <3 Died on the Stage 5 boss again, since I barely have any practice. I'm still working out how to deal with its fourth phase...

Original - Type I
Darkslime - 1076億8291万5230 - x12026 - Stage 5 Boss
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Stage 5 is where it's at for scoring. Lte's posted a video where he gets 1500億 from the first half. Boss is probably the hardest part of the game - I'd suggest practicing it for a while before you think of doing a full run.
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Simple - Type I
Aru-san - 0億3689万9970 - STAGE 4 BOSS
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Anesthetize

Post by Anesthetize »

RNGmaster wrote:Stage 4 midboss is a bitch. Don't try to stream from the sides - just run up to the top left as soon as it starts to broadside you (in my case, since I'm a leftie) and stream back down as slowly as possible, using a micro-tap as soon as a bullet approaches you. Or cross over at the top, if you're feeling daring.

Don't forget to mash lasers at it - if you keep up the assault and make sure to fire at it when you can, it'll fall before you need to repeat the streaming pattern a third time. (This is a good thing, because every time you repeat the pattern it gets tougher.)
I used to find the midboss a huge problem, but as long as you stay off the bottom of the screen it's not so hard. I can cosistently deal with it now. :D
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try that out this evening. I've managed to get past the midboss a few more times now, but not without losing at least 1 life.
Observer

Post by Observer »

FUCK YES! 1cc'd original mode, baby!

Type Z - Original Mode

Observer 3065億6055万8140 - x14585 - ALL CLEAR!!

I'm still sweating, that TLB1 is a bitch... Man, what an awesome game. Stage 5 is just such a brutal nonstop joy ride of glory and crowning moments of awesome.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Anesthetize

Post by Anesthetize »

Observer wrote:FUCK YES! 1cc'd original mode, baby!

Type Z - Original Mode

Observer 3065億6055万8140 - x14585 - ALL CLEAR!!

I'm still sweating, that TLB1 is a bitch... Man, what an awesome game. Stage 5 is just such a brutal nonstop joy ride of glory and crowning moments of awesome.
Grats on the 1cc!

Is Type Z noticeably easier than Type 1? I still haven't unlocked it.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Kind of. It's great for hilariously high scores but it's the fastest ship and, once you get used to it, playing with Type I will become a chore because it really feels slow. It also charges the break bars far faster but this is a double edged sword because you might find yourself in Double Break mode at the wrong moment without a chance to cancel jack for a while, dodging ultra fast crap.

Type II is probably the middle ground between the two, with the chance to lock all the options inside enemies to cut them out super fast and a slightly smoother movement compared to Type I and Z.

Either way, if you can't 1cc it with I or II, you surely will with Type Z for aweZome. (...)
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

Heres my Score:

Original Type I:

Stryc9
x5788
Arrive Stage:Stg. 3 Boss

Simple Type I:

Stryc9
Arrive Stage:Stg. 5 Boss
Facebook is for handbag users.
XBox Live Name: Katbizkitz
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

Sorry, just to confirm: the commas represent the kanji in my scores.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

stryc9 wrote:Sorry, just to confirm: the commas represent the kanji in my scores.
Yeah, that's fine.
Anyway, I'll update in a bit.
Anesthetize

Post by Anesthetize »

Managed to no-miss the first 3 stages, but completely butchered stage 4 (due to little practice on it). Still managed to get to the 'RETURN OF THE SPIDER BOSS' section of stage 5. Quite an improvement over my next highest score.

1.00 Original - Type I:
Anesthetize - 895億1669万5280 - x9772 - Stage 5
nZero

Post by nZero »

Ver 1.00 - Simple Mode - Type II
TVR - 1億5322万2230 - ALL CLEAR!! (Lx0)

Everything started out great but then stages 4 and 5 turned into a gigantic what the fail parade. No missed St.5 boss & both TLBs on my last life. I kind of wish Simple Mode had a slightly more Seibu/Raizing-esque hitbox.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Update checkpoint.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Okay, time to post my first "hiscore"...

Simple Mode, Type II

Drachenherz - 0億5943万0570 - STAGE 5 BOSS

I played mainly for survival, not looking much for score... I want my 1cc now! And Type Z! I WILL achieve that today, even if it takes me ages to accomplish! :mrgreen:
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
Treasurance

Post by Treasurance »

what the hell am I supposed to do with that miniboss near the end of fourth stage
Sapz

Post by Sapz »

You're supposed to circle around it, funnily enough. :V You'll notice it dips down quite a bit. You have to be careful of tackling popcorns, though.
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
Treasurance

Post by Treasurance »

One run later...

First time in the fifth stage...

Well, I guess this'll do for now.
Battletoad

Post by Battletoad »

My copy finally arrived a few days ago, this is what I got after a couple tries:

1.00 - Simple - Type I
Battletoad - 0億7894万1260 - Stage 5 Boss

1.00 - Original - Type I
Battletoad - 214億5479万6380 - x6003 - Stage 3 Boss

Incredibly awesome game!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I should really practice the st5 bosses. -_-;;
Dying in random places from st3 onwards isn't helping my score either.

v1.00 - Original - Type I
Icarus - 4130億4142万7790 - x18,858 - Stage 5 BOSS
http://twitpic.com/3stvv9

o(*>д<)o FFFFUUUUUUUU…
stryc9

Post by stryc9 »

Some Improvement. There seems to be a lot of 'dead zones' in stages 3 and 4 where I struggle to reach Double Standby after activating Break Mode, there is either fuck all on screen, or my gauge just runs out during those 'cinematic' transitions during stage 4...

1.0 Original - Type I
stryc9 377,4084,3480 x7079 Stg 4

Once again commas are the Kanji. Cheers.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

edit:

Version 1.00

Simple Mode Type I

PlasmaBlooD - 1億0623万6550 - ALL Clear !! (Lx2)
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Icarus wrote:I should really practice the st5 bosses. -_-;;
Dying in random places from st3 onwards isn't helping my score either.

Icarus - 4130億4142万7790 - x18,858 - Stage 5 BOSS
http://twitpic.com/3stvv9

o(*>д<)o FFFFUUUUUUUU…
I need a Stage 4 strat from you, by the way...
Funen1

Post by Funen1 »

The controls finally cooperated long enough for me to record this (as opposed to being forced to use Esc).

Funen1 - 877億8229万4410 - x10319 - Stage 5 - Picture

Still need to get familiar with the last two stages - I've only gone through Stage 4 a few times, and this is my first time reaching Stage 5. Unfortunately I'm getting a lot of slowdown on this machine, especially on Stage 5. I'm concerned this might make my scores "illegitimate"...
The "funen" part of my name is Japanese, which means "not able to burn". I am slightly pyrophobic, so I tend not to get burned (literally, mind you).
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Very nice score there, Funen!
If you're worried about your score being illegitimate, sneak a peek at the framrerate. It ought to stay at a solid 60, but when the screen's really crowded, it displays a message in green text above the FPS counter that reads "soft slow". That's intentional slowdown, and it doesn't invalidate your score. Look at Lte's superplay and see where he goes into slowdown - if you slow down at any places he doesn't, get a better computer :P The game cover has system specs, so compare your computers' specs with the game requirements.

I highliy suggest practicing Stage 5 if going for score. It can give you 1000 oku in the first half alone if you time breaks and lock-ons correctly - and it also jacks up your multiplier, which makes the second half really lucrative as well.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Simple - Type I
gs68 - 8301万1910 - Stage 6 Boss

Original - Type I
gs68 - 1102億1488万2070 - x11018- Stage 5 Boss
Funen1

Post by Funen1 »

RNGmaster wrote:Very nice score there, Funen!
If you're worried about your score being illegitimate, sneak a peek at the framrerate. It ought to stay at a solid 60, but when the screen's really crowded, it displays a message in green text above the FPS counter that reads "soft slow". That's intentional slowdown, and it doesn't invalidate your score. Look at Lte's superplay and see where he goes into slowdown - if you slow down at any places he doesn't, get a better computer :P The game cover has system specs, so compare your computers' specs with the game requirements.
Yeah, I noticed the Soft Slow thing. The question is how much should it be slowing down my computer, because sometimes the FPS dips into the teens (though this usually only happens when I've just killed a bullet-canceling enemy, crowding the screen with stars).

I checked my specs, and apparently my laptop only runs at 2.27 GHz, rather than the 2.8 the game requires. :roll: You say to "get a better computer", but I wish it were that easy.
The "funen" part of my name is Japanese, which means "not able to burn". I am slightly pyrophobic, so I tend not to get burned (literally, mind you).
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

You can try turning down the Effect level.Those specs are mostly likely under the impression that you're going to run the game at Lv.4 (MAX HEAVY).