Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by O. Van Bruce »

evil_ash_xero wrote:For those few who have played the arcade version, how would you say the graphics look compared to the PC version? I can't really tell from the vids.

I thought the game was great, but had a "rough" look to it. I was wondering if it's been smoothed out.
That would be a shame, at least for me... after playing it so much that rough look has become part of the charm of the game :lol:
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

So are we basically never getting either version of this game on PC overseas now? Or will we at least get the original game from whoever got the rights to it?
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed
Mero

Post by Mero »

O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Mero wrote:PV

*Drools*

I think that eventually they'll do a console/PC version, they have to.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

Mero wrote:PV
Christ, that video is just loaded with adrenaline. :D
1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Observer

Post by Observer »

120% explosions, 0% moe!

Boy, I do hope he updates the PC release, most of the stuff looks like it was the guy's work (there is a reason why he stopped going at Comiket and halted development of Garukilla, I wouldn't be surprised to know he spent the majority of 2012 doing this) and not much else. I am ready to plunge another 50 hours on this! STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS.
Last edited by Observer on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

I don't see why they would feel obligated to do a consumer version. It's tough enough to get people into Japanese arcades to play anything that isn't a fighting, rhythm, card or mahjong game these days. Compared to fighting games, the solitary affairs of shmups offer a particularly low incentive to play in public without exclusivity making it a requirement.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I thought they'd get rid of some of the letterboxing but now it's letterboxed even harder? wtf?

Also .. looks as overly flashy to the point it's hard to see anything as usual, if not more so. I can't imagine playing it in an arcade where I don't have the option of turning all the flashy stuff down to almost zero.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

I thought they'd get rid of some of the letterboxing but now it's letterboxed even harder? wtf?
Widescreen monitor. There's only a handful of vertical NESiCA cabinets in existence, so they must have decided it wasn't worth developing for them.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Yeah but they could at least fill out the 4:3 area ..
ciox

Post by ciox »

The game always had a weird aspect ratio, something like 0.85, but going up to 1.33 would still be a pretty huge leap, and require rebalancing.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

ciox wrote:going up to 1.33 would still be a pretty huge leap, and require rebalancing.
I'm aware it would require some changes, but I think it's worth it .. because the arcade version looks ridiculous with that teeny game area.
LtC

Post by LtC »

By the way has the blue ship been changed in any way for the ARC version? At least to me it felt inferior to the red ship in almost every way. It would have been a lot more interesting ship to play if you could change the option formations Garegga style.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

LtC wrote:By the way has the blue ship been changed in any way for the ARC version? At least to me it felt inferior to the red ship in almost every way. It would have been a lot more interesting ship to play if you could change the option formations Garegga style.
It was inferior when you played Original Mode but it was perfect for playing Simple Mode (and scoring in it) due to the tracking formation of your options.

Type II -> Simple Mode
Type I -> Original Mode
Type Z -> Unlimited Mode
LtC

Post by LtC »

O. Van Bruce wrote:
LtC wrote:By the way has the blue ship been changed in any way for the ARC version? At least to me it felt inferior to the red ship in almost every way. It would have been a lot more interesting ship to play if you could change the option formations Garegga style.
It was inferior when you played Original Mode but it was perfect for playing Simple Mode (and scoring in it) due to the tracking formation of your options.

Type II -> Simple Mode
Type I -> Original Mode
Type Z -> Unlimited Mode
That's true but I still preferred Type I since it was more reliable to survive with. Not that I played Simple mode that much though. Looking from the videos it seems the extra Break Gauge increase from point blanking has been decreased for the ARC version so Type II has been nerfed even further.

Has there been any videos of Unlimited mode yet? Or the TLB? Rather interested to see if the mechanics are the same for unlimited and if the TLB's last attack pattern is still the same
Gingerzilla

Post by Gingerzilla »

Pretas wrote:
Widescreen monitor. There's only a handful of vertical NESiCA cabinets in existence, so they must have decided it wasn't worth developing for them.
I think because they have not rotated the monitor. NESICA Cabs look like they can (Like the Viewlix) but I doubt they will as the other games on the system (mainly fighting etc).

BTW I have just got back to Japan, has the Taito Arcade in Shibuya's NESICA's been upgreaded with this game yet?

Cheers
A
Gingerzilla

Post by Gingerzilla »

Personally I'm not too sure why they make Shooters vertical these days as everybody has wide-screens. I understand you get more but really it's a bit of a pain to be honest. All my Xbox cave games are small and that annoys me [perhaps a bigger TV is needed ;-)]
nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

Gingerzilla wrote:Personally I'm not too sure why they make Shooters vertical these days as everybody has wide-screens. I understand you get more but really it's a bit of a pain to be honest. All my Xbox cave games are small and that annoys me [perhaps a bigger TV is needed ;-)]
Be a man, TATE that monitor... In a better and ideal world, everybody knows how to TATE...
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
ciox

Post by ciox »

Vertical just feels better for dodging, more natural for shit to fall down and not to the left. Vertizontals are cool too but not so much when they're 16:9 or 16:10 since shit is mostly falling from the sides at that point.
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

nasty_wolverine wrote:
Gingerzilla wrote:Personally I'm not too sure why they make Shooters vertical these days as everybody has wide-screens. I understand you get more but really it's a bit of a pain to be honest. All my Xbox cave games are small and that annoys me [perhaps a bigger TV is needed ;-)]
Be a man, TATE that monitor... In a better and ideal world, everybody knows how to TATE...
+1.

It's funny, other gamer friends I've had come over find tate'ing a widescreen tv to be almost impressive. I'm no hero, I'm just doing the right thing.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Thjodbjorn wrote:It's funny, other gamer friends I've had come over find tate'ing a widescreen tv to be almost impressive. I'm no hero, I'm just doing the right thing.
So many sig-worthy quotes around here lately, and so little room to put them all!
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Thjodbjorn wrote:It's funny, other gamer friends I've had come over find tate'ing a widescreen tv to be almost impressive. I'm no hero, I'm just doing the right thing.
So many sig-worthy quotes around here lately, and so little room to put them all!
You are a mod! Just pass an amend to the forum's constitution :P
rancor

Post by rancor »

Another ~10 minute video taken by me of burgerkingdiamond playing. Video is much clearer this time as there weren't any staff to mess with us, and I could concentrate on getting good shots rather than playing. :wink:

http://youtu.be/e0jv_DRqtxA
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

THANK YOU rancor.
I'll check this out in a minute, I've been playing crimzon clover like crazy lately
Last edited by Cagar on Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

rancor wrote:Another ~10 minute video taken by me of burgerkingdiamond playing. Video is much clearer this time as there weren't any staff to mess with us, and I could concentrate on getting good shots rather than playing. :wink:
Thanks. Game looks good.
Really want to see footage of Unlimited Mode though, to see what is different.
chempop

Post by chempop »

This game really makes just about everything else seem like shit. I'll buy a next gen console just to play it :oops:
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

Record a full run next time, rancor.
if there is a "next time"
Good stuff
nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

rancor wrote:
Another ~10 minute video taken by me of burgerkingdiamond playing. Video is much clearer this time as there weren't any staff to mess with us, and I could concentrate on getting good shots rather than playing.
looks like the art has been redone, a little post processing also added. really love the glare on the water.
mehanics also look redone, seem a bit more faster paced than normal.

also,
Beer + arcade + shmup = most awesome time ever
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
KAI

Post by KAI »

Need the english launcher, the "official" link is dead, anyone willing to help me?
Thanks in advance.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

nasty_wolverine wrote:mehanics also look redone, seem a bit more faster paced than normal.
I've noticed certain enemies have extra parts that can be destroyed now, for example the leg turrets on the st2 boss.
The only thing that will bother me if I ever get to play the game is the fact that Break Mode now lasts half as long as it did previously, meaning you need to point-blank Shot and lock-kill far more often to recharge Break Mode power. The rate at which Break Power increases appears to be the same, however, judging from the videos I've seen so far. This is also why I really want to see some Unlimited Mode footage, as lock-cancelling is a very important technique in Unlimited on the PC version. I guess it balances out with the doubled lock multiplier, though.