Crimzon Clover

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Icarus

Re: Crimzon Clover

Post by Icarus »

There's a Type 3 Original run up on nico as well.
1. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20794483
2. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20795530
3. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20795890
Video quality is just as bad, and the player isn't particularly good, but it's interesting seeing the differences between the new ship and the original three.

And a couple on Youtube as well:
Original, Type 2, Stage 2 (in tate): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFi537b-1gU
Original, Type 2, Stage 3 (in tate): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uegh6miAFIk
Cagar

Post by Cagar »

The only feature missing: Spend 2 credits to watch a replay from online leaderboard.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Why do japanese use Nicovideo? I mean, Don't they love their ultra HD graphics, Blue Ray and all that? Then why using a video streaming service that have an awful quality and can't even mantain said quality during the whole day?

I just don't understand the retardness of using it. Not that retard decisions aren't something unussual coming from the japanese :|
vvv wrote:
enjirube wrote:Does anyone have the links to Crimzon Clover videos of the game in the arcade? I would love to check some of that footage out. :D
Original - Type-Z,
The videos just uploaded today :
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Anyway, Not very much different in terms of strategy and planning until the TLB.

Did they do easier the pink bullets phase on the 1st part of the TLB? I think it was less dense than in the original...

TLB Last phase is just cancer :shock: Welp, at least it's not shouting BARRIAHH, DADADADADADADADA and talking about dismembering you while you are dodging the bullets :lol:
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

O. Van Bruce wrote:TLB Last phase is just cancer :shock: Welp, at least it's not shouting BARRIAHH, DADADADADADADADA and talking about dismembering you while you are dodging the bullets :lol:
I'm sure that could be arranged.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

I have a question, that may sound silly, but i'll try anyway:

IF i had a Viewlix cabinet (which I don't), how would I be able to get the game on it ? As I think (migght be wrong thou) that this is an "online" service game ? Or it is installed in the cabinet already ?

:?:
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

-S.L- wrote:I have a question, that may sound silly, but i'll try anyway:

IF i had a Viewlix cabinet (which I don't), how would I be able to get the game on it ? As I think (migght be wrong thou) that this is an "online" service game ? Or it is installed in the cabinet already ?

:?:
You wouldn't, afaik, unless you're a Japanese arcade operator signed up for the Nesica service with the hardware installed in the cab (looks like a massive PC).

Pray for a console port.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

rtw

Post by rtw »

Skykid wrote:You wouldn't, afaik, unless you're a Japanese arcade operator signed up for the Nesica service with the hardware installed in the cab (looks like a massive PC).

Pray for a console port.
Pray for a PC version update/upgrade :D
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

rtw wrote:
Skykid wrote:You wouldn't, afaik, unless you're a Japanese arcade operator signed up for the Nesica service with the hardware installed in the cab (looks like a massive PC).

Pray for a console port.
I want to believe, but Trouble Witches (2007), which is way older than Crimzon Clover (2011), has got an XBOX 360 release and even a Nessica Live release but we've got no words about a PC upgrade.

No words about Trouble Witches 2 either since a lot of time :cry:
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

rtw wrote:

Pray for a console port.
As long as it's got full screen Tate I'm in either way.

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Skykid wrote:As long as it's got full screen Tate I'm in either way.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Pretas
Banned User

Post by Pretas »

Why do japanese use Nicovideo? I mean, Don't they love their ultra HD graphics, Blue Ray and all that? Then why using a video streaming service that have an awful quality and can't even mantain said quality during the whole day?
Because Nicovideo is an insular Japanese community largely devoid of baka gaijin, even if they have added US and Taiwanese pages recently. There's a reason why you can't normally access videos without an account.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

Pretas wrote:
Because Nicovideo is an insular Japanese community largely devoid of baka gaijin, even if they have added US and Taiwanese pages recently. There's a reason why you can't normally access videos without an account.
Yeah, they hate us and all that stuff :roll: But all that blurriness doesn't pay off their "howaitu pig'gu go homu".

Also, you can access any video with an account, which can be easily made by any baka gaijin with minimal knowledge. They even put an english web for some time that had a registry form in english so I doubt that at least the nicovideo owners are gaijin haters.
rtw

Post by rtw »

KAI wrote:Need the english launcher, the "official" link is dead, anyone willing to help me?
Thanks in advance.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r40eozjgmd00osl

edit: remember this is for version 1.00 of the game...
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
ciox

Post by ciox »

O. Van Bruce wrote:
Pretas wrote:
Yeah, they hate us and all that stuff :roll: But all that blurriness doesn't pay off their "howaitu pig'gu go homu".

Also, you can access any video with an account, which can be easily made by any baka gaijin with minimal knowledge. They even put an english web for some time that had a registry form in english so I doubt that at least the nicovideo owners are gaijin haters.
Well they did make it so you can't leave japanese comments if you aren't from japan, thus you can't comment on the main comments track but only on the US comments track which is usually completely empty.
Formless God

Post by Formless God »

O. Van Bruce wrote:Then why using a video streaming service that have an awful quality and can't even mantain said quality during the whole day?
The people uploading the CC runs are just full of shit. You will never see this kind of video quality on Yootoob or Vimeo.
RegalSin wrote:Then again sex is no diffrent then sticking a stick down some hole to make a female womenly or girl scream or make noise.
Yield

Post by Yield »

What's the point of uploading a high-res version of a replay anyway when the max source resolution for CC is 720 x 480?

Quality won't improve just because you upscale it to 720p.
colour_thief

Post by colour_thief »

Yield wrote:What's the point of uploading a high-res version of a replay anyway when the max source resolution for CC is 720 x 480?

Quality won't improve just because you upscale it to 720p.
Look up "4:2:0 YUV". The colour space that is conventionally used to represent videos throws away a lot of detail. Very quick description, assuming you have a 320x240 source video:

Y is the black/white channel, and is full res 320x240
U and V are the colour channels and are only a quarter resolution (!!!) so a mere 160x120.

So with the limitations of this colourspace, which Youtube, DVDs, and just about everything use, you need double resolution to preserve all of the colour information. Of course, now you have 4 times the black/white information that you need... But at least the video doesn't look like ass.

Moral of the story is that there are benefits up to quadrupling the number of pixels, *assuming* that you are able to capture the full detail from the original source.
vvv

Post by vvv »

O. Van Bruce wrote:Why do japanese use Nicovideo? I mean, Don't they love their ultra HD graphics, Blue Ray and all that? Then why using a video streaming service that have an awful quality and can't even mantain said quality during the whole day?

I just don't understand the retardness of using it. Not that retard decisions aren't something unussual coming from the japanese :|
If I'm not wrong only with premium account you can see videos in better quality.
rtw wrote:
KAI wrote:Need the english launcher, the "official" link is dead, anyone willing to help me?
Thanks in advance.
http://www.mediafire.com/?r40eozjgmd00osl

edit: remember this is for version 1.00 of the game...
I checked it on my hd and apparently still have it. I'll remove it if against the rules.
English Launcher v1.01
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

HEY game center in Akihabara has 4 tate'd Nessica cabs running Crimzon Clover. I think it's my favorite shmup ever. Boost mode is new to the arcade release and it kicks ass.

If this has been covered elsewhere sorry for restating, but I don't feel like going back through pages of this thread.

Boost Mode: plays like original mode, but when your meter gets full you enter Break mode automatically and the difficulty goes up. A timer starts and counts the time that you stay in Break mode. You get bonus points for every minute or so that you stay in break mode (I don't actually remember if it's every minute or 30 seconds..) You stay in Break mode indefinitely until you die or use a bomb. Once you come out of Break mode the timer stops and difficulty goes back to normal. Next time you enter Break mode the timer will pick up where you left off. Basically it rewards staying in Break mode as long as possible, but gets harder the longer you push it.

I really, really hope that the arcade version gets ported to 360. As good as the PC version is, the arcade is even better (crispier graphics, Tate, new mode, new ships..) I would kill to play this on my cab at home. It sucks I'l only have couple more chances to play before I go back to the States.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
rancor

Post by rancor »

Yeah - agreed - CC kicks so much ass. I finally broke down this weekend and bought a NESICA card so that I can unlock that bonus ship and whatever else the game has to offer. There were some extremely high level players there this weekend. Check out this dude doing a double-play! 2 player mode! He was kicking so much ass holding down shot, locking on fools, and breaking every chance he got. Mesmerizing.

hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

was
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burgerkingdiamond

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

hail good sir wrote:10 hours of playtime and I still have yet to even see the TLB in Simple, this game is just way too much fun to play aggressively. I die all over the place but it's always so much fun and I never get mad since it feels like I went down like a manly man. Even bombing feels like success when you carpet bomb that shit and it's 4.8x everywhere. And then there's still 2 other really unique modes.

I can't totally put my finger on it but it reminds me a lot of Ikaruga in a good way, I feel like the game is reacting to me as much as I am reacting to it with all the extra-enemies-if-you-speed-kill parts.
I don't get the Ikaruga comparison.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

it
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

rancor wrote: Check out this dude doing a double-play! 2 player mode! He was kicking so much ass holding down shot, locking on fools, and breaking every chance he got. Mesmerizing.
Wow, first pic I've seen of vertical screen mode. Wish they would add this feature to the PC version.
O. Van Bruce

Post by O. Van Bruce »

I want it... so badly :cry:
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Icarus wrote: Still want to see footage of Unlimited, to see what's been altered in that. Given that so far footage has shown a lot of changes in both Boost (which looks like Simple with altered patterns, semi-permanent Break and altered rank mechanics) and Original (with new enemies, altered attack patterns and modified scoring system), I hope the changes to Unlimited don't destroy the game.
Late on this, but I'm afraid I don't have any info on how Unlimited is different in the arcade version. I looked for some videos but so far none are posted on nicodouga. I think people are focusing on Boost and Original for the moment.

The ebisen stream is probably the best source for the other modes though: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31936601 Plus you get to watch ISO play. :)
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

360 port when? :3
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Udderdude wrote:360 port when? :3
I have a double break ejaculate mode on standby for the announcement.

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Skykid wrote:I have a double break ejaculate mode on standby for the announcement.
You and me both, sir.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Zeether

Post by Zeether »

Udderdude wrote:360 port when? :3
PC port when? Screw 360.

Seriously, why the hell hasn't the company Nyu Media said had CC come out and said anything? Did they end up having to drop it because of this or was it delayed or something? I really want to buy this game legit without having to import the damn thing! I bet it's stuck in rights hell now that the creator decided to put it on Nesica and Taito owns it and because of that whatever company got it can't release it or some other crap.
<Aquas> EDMOND DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL TO SMOKE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF OPIUM
<Zeether> shoe failed college again <croikle> credit feed