FBA4PSP , Rom wont load properly

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
s8n

FBA4PSP , Rom wont load properly

Post by s8n »

hi scene , im having a problem with FBA4PSP CPS...........basically i have 1 rom in the ROMS folder on the PSP ie Marvel Vs Capcom 1. When i launch the emulator on the PSP i go to select a Rom and it loads about 40% of the Roms and then starts the game. It doesnt load the GFX Roms and i only get Audio running for some reason.

Anyone have an idea of whats going on ?

Im guessing i need a specific Romset

s8n
DC906270

Re: FBA4PSP , Rom wont load properly

Post by DC906270 »

have you made a cache file and put that in the right place on the memory stick?

might be the rom. or if youre using a fat PSP it might not have enough RAM to run the game. or are you trying to use the version of the emu designed for the slim on a fat? the CPS1 emulator is pretty flawless on my psp.
s8n

Post by s8n »

howdy DC.......thanks for your response

i havent made a CACHE file and just checked my PSP CACHE dir and none has been generated automatically

i have a Slim PSP btw

im using FBA_lbicelyne_20090315_v12.4.0_cps123 , im unsure if its the Slim or FAT ver

still trying to figure it out

s8n
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

im using FBA_lbicelyne_20090315_v12.4.0_cps123
there might be your problem. i only use FBA to run cave games and some other shmups. there are rock solid stand-alone cps1 & 2 emulators, called cps1psp, and cps2psp. try using these. they come with a tool to generate the cache files (only think cache is needed for cps2 games).
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

I'm also (ab)using the PSP FBA, and there are three games that I wasn't able to launch despite all attempts:

- Battle Garegga
- Battle Bakraid
- Batrider

I've tried different ROM dumps (which helped with Guwange, DonPachi and DoDonPachi, BTW), but this UnHoly Trinity Of Questionably Compatible Games just puzzles me. Garegga, for example, works OK in PC MAME, as well as Batsugun (which has sound in MAME, but not in PSP FBA). FBA is claimed to be based on MAME, so I have a question: WTF? Has someone launched these games successfully? Are they even compatible with this emu?? (making sure because readme states that yes, they are)

My PSP is PSP2000 Slim Piano Black, firmware 5.50 GEN-forgot-the-letter-but-higher-than-B
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

^^no ive not been able to get those games to run either. i too have a slim piano black 2003 model^^

FBA is also a PC-based emu. that readme is based on the pc version, of which the psp version is just a port, with no guarantee of 100% compatibility.
EinhanderZwei

Post by EinhanderZwei »

Hmm, at least it's not just me :) Thanks for clarification!
In an alternate universal, Soldier Blade II has already been crafted by Hudson Soft and Compile with proper tate this time around (c) PC Engine Fan X!
Sega tried and failed. Nintendo didn't even try. (c) Specineff