lagless monitors...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
P_HAT

lagless monitors...

Post by P_HAT »

Aka monitors with small/or without input lag (</= than one frame)

Any ideas guys?
I googled it so much, i think i can cry.

There is a small list of what i foud:

Asus V226H
ASUS VW236H
ASUS VW246H
ASUS VH236H
ASUS VH226H
ASUS VK246H
LG Flatron L227WTG-PF
BenQ G2400W
BenQ G2400WD
samsung SyncMaster T220
samsung 2443BW
ViewSonic VX2260wm

Any other models?

Or anyone have those monitors and have to say something about them?

I know what Koa have samsung 2443BW, and he said it ownz :)

p.s. forgot to say - i need new monitor.)
Fudoh

Re: lagless monitors...

Post by Fudoh »

Most if not all of them are TN displays which are - as discussed dozens of times before - unsuited for Tating because of their viewing angle problems on the (untated) vertical axis. At least test run one of those in a shop before buying. Many people including myself can't stand playing Tate on a TN display, the differences in brightness, contrast and color from one side to the other are annoying.

You might also want to choose a 16:10 display over a 16:9 one for the increased 4:3 display area on the former ones.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

My understanding of flat panel technologies is that TN, aside from the aforementioned viewing angle issue, produces the least accurate color, but is the cheapest to manufacturer and also has the fastest. The other technologies will have more accurate color and better viewing angles, but the tradeoff is higher cost and a little extra lag. It's also becoming very hard to find a non-TN panel, since the demand for flat panels has caused the suppliers to pump out product as cheaply as possible.

I have a T220 myself - and while operating it horizontally, my only complaint is that it isn't at 1080p resolution. I did have it tate'd while running Mushihimesama Futari in Magfest's game room, but the viewing angle was definitely very narrow and I'm not sure I'd do it again (nevermind how difficult it was to get it to stay upright in the first place).
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I think we should have a thread dedicated to finding low lag to lagless monitors for our gaming. I'm surprised there isn't one already. Come on, we're shmuppers!
undamned

Post by undamned »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I think we should have a thread dedicated to finding low lag to lagless monitors for our gaming. I'm surprised there isn't one already. Come on, we're shmuppers!
http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174085
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
system11

Post by system11 »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I think we should have a thread dedicated to finding low lag to lagless monitors for our gaming. I'm surprised there isn't one already. Come on, we're shmuppers!
It's called a CRT ;)
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

bloodflowers wrote:
It's called a CRT ;)
Yeah...unfortunately no one likes to make these things anymore.

:(
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Get a used one then. :wink:
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

undamned wrote:
http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=174085
-ud

I know this thread man. But SRK members don't like to answer for "simlpy questions".

Looks like same shit there.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I just got my hands on one of these Flatrons, and I really like it. There was some concern about how it would look if you just hooked up a 360 in it via HDMI to DVI cord, but it looks great.