Egret II monitor control guide

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Masamune69500

Egret II monitor control guide

Post by Masamune69500 »

Hi,

I was looking at the Egret II manual and I find nothing about the monitor control. I have only the electronic file so maybe I am missing one part of the manual.

I want the part where they show how to tune focus, Vsync, where is the 15/24 switch and where are the connector to 15 and 24

Thanks
neorichieb1971

Re: Egret II monitor control guide

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I think the E2 is the same as the AWSD. If so, its in the coin mech door. There is no focus in there though, and there are no RGB pots either. E2 might be a bit different. Basically you get to move the picture around, shrink it, stretch it. You have a pin cushion which distorts the image. There are switches for mono and stereo.

Don't know anything about frequency switching. I would imagine its automatically.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

neorichieb1971 wrote:I think the E2 is the same as the AWSD. If so, its in the coin mech door. There is no focus in there though, and there are no RGB pots either. E2 might be a bit different. Basically you get to move the picture around, shrink it, stretch it. You have a pin cushion which distorts the image. There are switches for mono and stereo.

Don't know anything about frequency switching. I would imagine its automatically.
It is different, as the EGRET II has a dual sync Nanao, and the AWSD has a Wei Ya tri-sync.

Code: Select all

REMOTE CONTROL INSIDE THE SERVICE HATCH TO THE RIGHT ON THE FRONT

from top to bottom:
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

POTS LOCATED JUST BELOW THE SCREEN

<-LEFT		                      RIGHT->
1 2 3 -		- - - 18 17 16 15 14 13 -

01 - R CUT OFF
02 - G CUT OFF
03 - B CUT OFF

04 - CONTRAST
05 - R-GAIN
06 - G-GAIN
07 - B-GAIN
08 - BRIGHTNESS

09 - H. SIZE
10 - H. POSITION

11 - V. SIZE
12 - V.POS

13 - V.LIN (STRETCH)
14 - Trapezoid
15 - V.Pincushion
16 - H.S. LIM
17 - SPC24
18 - Pararellum
The focus is located on the flyback (that big black part of your chassis). The 15kHz / 24kHz is located where circled on the picture below. You have to pull the connector out of the socket and put it into the one next to it each time you want to switch the sync.

Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

Exactely what I wanted to know.
I thought the 24kHz input was a normal 6 pin and that we could connect the UVC directly to it but it must take the sync out of the signal before in the signal chain. I guess that's why you propose to make a switch to change between 15 and 24.

I was wondering something about 24kHz.
I know only Radiant silvergun running in 24? Do you know any others?
In the saturn, radiant was 15kHz. I thought the ST board was based on the Saturn. Did they redraw the game for the arcade version?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:Exactely what I wanted to know.
I thought the 24kHz input was a normal 6 pin and that we could connect the UVC directly to it but it must take the sync out of the signal before in the signal chain. I guess that's why you propose to make a switch to change between 15 and 24.

I was wondering something about 24kHz.
I know only Radiant silvergun running in 24? Do you know any others?
In the saturn, radiant was 15kHz. I thought the ST board was based on the Saturn. Did they redraw the game for the arcade version?
Are you 100% sure about Radiant Silvergun being 24khz? According to MAME, it's only 320x224, and that hardly sounds like a 24kHz game to me. When I visited sven666, he had it running in an EGRET II, but that was in 15kHz.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Radiant Silvergun is 15khz
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

Sorry my mistake
so which gam actually run at 24
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The Sega Model 2 powered Zero Gunner PCB is a 24kHz game but comes with a Jamma adapter to run on a 15kHz cabinet.

Another true 24kHz arcade PCB is Williams' 1988 Narc.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

The Egret II just arrived and that's horrible.
One's monitor doesn't even start and the other one have burn in and an horrible image instability. The image is fluctuating over 2 lines from left to right like wave.
Forgot to mention, that even the lock are open for the panel, the right one is stuck, I cant open it.
And the trade got the good idea to send me others model than the one I saw in pictures with some crappy games instead of the one I asked.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:The Egret II just arrived and that's horrible.
One's monitor doesn't even start and the other one have burn in and an horrible image instability. The image is fluctuating over 2 lines from left to right like wave.
Forgot to mention, that even the lock are open for the panel, the right one is stuck, I cant open it.
And the trade got the good idea to send me others model than the one I saw in pictures with some crappy games instead of the one I asked.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
So, no DeathSmiles etc? This sounds like a scam more than a bad deal.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

Yes I am really pissed off.
Last time I deal with this trader.
I am more sad about the naomi kit with GGX A core which broken the trader changed the game.
I am getting a new one for the broken one but I have to pay part of the transport.
The one with a little of burn in looks ok. I was checking it in my terrasse so burn in seems to looks stronger with the sun reflection.

I will get one more free game but if it s a crap like the picross I got today, :cry:

I had some time today so I tried everything to fix the broken one as it was working before transportation but nothing.

I have a question. On all the cabinet I receive, I have a kind of yellowish horizontal dirt and I can't clean it with any of my usual cleaning tools. I didn't try ethanol thoug.

It's funny because it appears on every cabinet at around the same place. Any idea how to clean it
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

And now I am really wondering if it's worth it purchassing a Naomi. I was planning on receiving it with the pack and GG XX A core.
GG XX A core is one of my favourite game and I don't see another way to play it. I could make a PS2 to Jamma or Wii to Jamma adaptor but for only one game I don't think it's worth it.
But a all Naomi set + GG XX A core is more than 500$.
I know it's a shooting board here but we are all game lover so I guess everybody knows GG XX