New Net city production Year

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Masamune69500

New Net city production Year

Post by Masamune69500 »

Does somebody knows here during which period the New Net city has been produced.
I found one and I would like to know how old is it but it's written nowhere on it. We could find only the serial number.

Do you think 160.000 yens, around 1600$ is too much?

Cheers
jonny5

Re: New Net city production Year

Post by jonny5 »

http://hard--candy.com/index.asp?page=New+Net+City

that site is handy....

it doesnt give an exact date, but its pre-2000...most likely late 90's
cody

Post by cody »

Pretty sure new net was early 2000s, b/c the original net city was released right at the end of 1999

http://www.sega-mechatro.com/products/d ... b_cab.html

160.000 yen ($1,800+) is too much, especially if that's before shipping. I paid a little less than $1,500 for mine if i recall correctly. Nice cabs though.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

cody wrote:Pretty sure new net was early 2000s, b/c the original net city was released right at the end of 1999

http://www.sega-mechatro.com/products/d ... b_cab.html

160.000 yen ($1,800+) is too much, especially if that's before shipping. I paid a little less than $1,500 for mine if i recall correctly. Nice cabs though.
you could be right, i was just going by the info at hard-candy because i wasnt sure my self.....but what you said makes sense tho
mastercello

Post by mastercello »

My Sega Net City has a tube with production date "Jan. 2000" installed - so i guess it was manufactured in 2000.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

Cody,

Is it easy to turn the screen on the NNC.
NNC is rare in Japan but I agree that when you see that the blast is 50.000 yens and the NNC is 160.000.
I kind of think it's too much.
By the way, did you ever compare your screen with a Wei Ya, I can have a new Wei Ya screen, wondering how is it compare to the Toshiba
cody

Post by cody »

Copyright notice on the manual for my NNC says december 2002

I havent rotated the monitor yet (been using it for VF). It looks like it should be easier than a traditional candy cab, because the whole monitor frame is exposed at the back, and 3 people can hold it.

I havent compared it to a wei-ya, only to the nanao (i think?) in astro city / new astro city. I have no complaints about the image quality.

I will say that it is not the best monitor for 15khz arcade boards, though. Even though its a multisync monitor, in order to change between vga and arcade monitor voltage levels, you have to open the monitor casing and change where the cable is connected. Took us a while to figure that one out. Works fine if you have an advancemame pc or something else that puts out 15khz signals at lower voltage levels, then you can do both resolutions without having to change the cable around.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

How about the 24kHz for radiant silvergun,
Do you have to change the cable between 31 and 24?
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

Cody,

How do you think it performs compare to a blast city which is 3 times cheaper?
cody

Post by cody »

Sorry, I should have been clearer - it's not the frequency that matters, it's the voltage. Normal VGA voltage is different from normal arcade board voltage. Radiant silvergun on ST-V arcade board would probably require changing cables.

As for comparing to blast city... new net city is not 3 times better than blast city. Get a blast city.

I think the monitor chassis on blast city tends to have a leaky capacitor or something, so you need to be aware of that.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

And what do you think about the Atomiswave.
I can have one with a new monitor and new panel for 800$
NNC is 1600$
Blast 500$
I am not sure yet which new monitor is in the Atomiswave but the auction says they paid 600% for it, I guess it's a Wei Ya. It may be a Sanwa PFX if I am really lucky but I don't think so
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:And what do you think about the Atomiswave.
NNC is 1600$
Blast 500$
I am not sure yet which new monitor is in the Atomiswave but the auction says they paid 600% for it, I guess it's a Wei Ya. It may be a Sanwa PFX if I am really lucky but I don't think so
The chance that there's a Sanwa PFX in that AWSD is slim to none. Most likely a Wei Ya. Your best bet is an EGRET II no doubt, considering you want to go above 15kHz but have great looking low res at the same time.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

emphatic wrote:
NNC is 1600$
Blast 500$
The chance that there's a Sanwa PFX in that AWSD is slim to none. Most likely a Wei Ya. Your best bet is an EGRET II no doubt, considering you want to go above 15kHz but have great looking low res at the same time.
dont atomiswave cabs come stock with wei-ya's?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

jonny5 wrote:
emphatic wrote:
NNC is 1600$
Blast 500$
dont atomiswave cabs come stock with wei-ya's?
It's rumored that early incarnations of EGRET III's came with a Toshiba tri-sync. Only chance that there's a Sanwa PFX in any AWSD is that the owner has fitted it himself. Is the curvature of the screen even compatible to the bezel? My advice is to stay as far away from Wei Ya tri/quad-syncs if your not going to go hi res all the time on them. The quads can go 1024x768. Pretty nifty for running a 360 etc, but I just spent two days trying to help a guy get his NEO GEO running on a quad, and so far it's a no go.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.