SEXY videos of Nanostray!...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dave4shmups

SEXY videos of Nanostray!...

Post by dave4shmups »

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/697/697509/vids_1.html

There's a second page of 'em, too.

This game looks absolutely incredible!! (Of course, I haven't seen any vids of Sengoku Cannon yet.)

Man oh man-what's a shmupper to do with 2 expensive handhelds, both of whch already have some killer shmups on them! :(
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Wow, those videos are amazing. Much more impressive than I expected/remembered.

Previously I was a bit worried about the game. I was worried about the ship's size, the odd perspective, and the DS controls. Seeing these videos has at least temporarily set my mind at ease. Thanks! :D
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Looks good to me! I'll have to preorder since I doubt my local EB will be getting any copies otherwise.

And dave, the answer is simple. Buy them both! Don't forget about the future emulation possibilities with them too! I hear the Turbografx-16/PC-Engine emulator for PSP is running nearly perfect on the first-model Japanese firmware.

...and "sexy" is probably the last word I'd have expected to hear from you :lol:
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Damn, I can't get it to work. Fuckin' Microsoft, with their damned Windows Media Player that doesn't work right on Macs. It's a conspiracy!
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

It looks...

Hmm.

Pretty, and there's definite potential, but it looks extremely easy and slow. Iridion II was fun but it suffered from a total lack of challenge or intensity, and this looks similar.
Capt. Takehiko

Post by Capt. Takehiko »

alpha5099 wrote:Damn, I can't get it to work. Fuckin' Microsoft, with their damned Windows Media Player that doesn't work right on Macs. It's a conspiracy!
Do I hear ya! Sorry... I'm a fellow Mac user.

Anyway, from what you guys say it sounds good and it makes me look forward to my first DS shmuping experience.
The Captain.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Know what else looked good? Iridion II. :roll:
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

It'll be interesting to see how this compares to Xyanide on the PSP. They both seem to be going with fancy pre-renderish looking backdrops, overlayed with basic shooting gameplay... not necessarily the kind of thing hardcore shmuppers are looking for. But if it helps bring new people into the scene then that's good.
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

Does anyone actually think that this game is intended for ANYONE on this forum? :roll:
Blow up self to involve enemies.
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

i don't like how the bullets accelerate as they get closer to the bottom.
it's not so much the 3D backgrounds that irk me, but the view they chose, and it will be less playable for it.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Yup, looks pretty much like Iridion III (the level design and enemies even looks similiar). I would be VERY surprised if this is from the same developers.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
zubiac

Post by zubiac »

Thunder Force wrote:It'll be interesting to see how this compares to Xyanide on the PSP. They both seem to be going with fancy pre-renderish looking backdrops, overlayed with basic shooting gameplay... not necessarily the kind of thing hardcore shmuppers are looking for. But if it helps bring new people into the scene then that's good.
nanostray's graphics are real-time 3D polygon graphics and not pre-rendered ones.

I love it already.
finally an oldschool shmup without quadrillions of bullets and stupid coins or whatever collecting.
it looks axelay'ish to me which is great IMO.
I hope there's wifi 2-player mode too.
Now that would be awesome
War is in my Heart -- Death is by my Side
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

iatneH wrote:Looks good to me! I'll have to preorder since I doubt my local EB will be getting any copies otherwise.

And dave, the answer is simple. Buy them both! Don't forget about the future emulation possibilities with them too! I hear the Turbografx-16/PC-Engine emulator for PSP is running nearly perfect on the first-model Japanese firmware.

...and "sexy" is probably the last word I'd have expected to hear from you :lol:
Buy them BOTH?! I could get a Japanese PSTwo, or a Gamecube and an XBOX for the price of both! :?

I didn't know about TG-16 and PCE emulation on the PSP; craziness!
Last edited by dave4shmups on Sat May 28, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Thunder Force wrote:It'll be interesting to see how this compares to Xyanide on the PSP. They both seem to be going with fancy pre-renderish looking backdrops, overlayed with basic shooting gameplay... not necessarily the kind of thing hardcore shmuppers are looking for. But if it helps bring new people into the scene then that's good.
Xyanide on the PSP?! Where'd you here about that? IMO, the only possible ports of Xyanide I know of are on the XBOX and GBA-and those may very well never materialize. (Although I did email Playlogic the other day to try and get some info out of them about the XBOX version. Perhaps they're only gonna release it on the 360. :( )

At any rate, Xnauts REALLY should put up some videos of Sengoku Cannon. It comes out this summer too, and they really need to put some videos up on the game's official website, because I haven't seen ANY of this game anywhere else.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Sheesh, I just compared the release dates for both the PSP and the DS, and all I have to say is...to heck with the PSP! Seriously, 90% of the releases are either movies (Note to Sony: there ARE actually portable movie players out there these days! :? ) or rehashed PS2 games!

OT, I am VERY impressed by the Castlevania DS game that's coming out this fall-it does look similar to SOTN, but this time, at least, it looks like you actually have a decent-sized sword!
FRO

Post by FRO »

mannerbot wrote:Know what else looked good? Iridion II. :roll:
Yeah, and guess what....it was good. Don't judge a game before you play it.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Uh, except I did play it? And it was garbage? This is one game I really searched for and then wound up wanting to sell within the same week.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

mannerbot wrote:Uh, except I did play it? And it was garbage? This is one game I really searched for and then wound up wanting to sell within the same week.
hah, wow. me too. my copy is for sale by the way click below. :D
I have no sig whatsoever.
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

black mariah wrote:Does anyone actually think that this game is intended for ANYONE on this forum? :roll:
Nope, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it.
CMoon wrote:Yup, looks pretty much like Iridion III (the level design and enemies even looks similiar). I would be VERY surprised if this is from the same developers.
It is the same dev, Shin'en.
JBC

Post by JBC »

Those videos were a little TOO sexy for me to view here in the library. That old lady over there looked at my monitor and had an orgasm. Or maybe it was a heart attack? Hmm... i should call an ambulance.

Anyway... i know that was gross. Nanostray looks cool to me. I actually am ecstatic too finally play a shmup on the DS.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

black mariah wrote:Does anyone actually think that this game is intended for ANYONE on this forum? :roll:
:roll: Umm, yeah...like...I dunno, maybe the people who are interested in it?!
It's not as if I brought up a new borderliner or FPS. :roll:

At any rate, it looks a lot better and more original to me then any of the shmups on the PSP-and let's not forget that you can play GBA shmups on the DS.

I just got on the Release Dates page of IGN's PSP site-, and it's basically: MOVIE, MOVIE MOVIE, GAME, MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE, GAME, etc, etc,

Uh Sony, you know people CAN actually already purchase mobile DVD players at everywhere from the Shaper Image, to their local Radio Shack. They may not be that small, but they do come with built-in speakers, and probably have a lot longer battery life.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Mmm, not so sexy, imho...
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

dave4shmups wrote:
Xyanide on the PSP?! Where'd you here about that?
http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2639
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

My first post was a direct reply to Thunder Force's. Read it as such. ;) I'm actually looking forward to Nanostray.
Blow up self to involve enemies.
jp

Post by jp »

Nanostray just keeps looking better and better everytime they release anything on it. The gameplay looks like it'll be ace!

And I liked Iridion II. The music was stellar and the gameplay was fairly solid. Not an AAA title... but a fun game none-the-less.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
snacky

Post by snacky »

Reencoded the Nanostray wmv's for those who don't use x86:

http://ikaruga.co.uk/files/Nanostray/
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

IGN has some more videos up!

These definitely look more promising. Still not exactly Cave, but at least it looks like there's more going on than in Iridion II.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Somebody mentioned this would be on the Nintendo DS...I get an odd feeling we aren't too far off from having a Stylus controlled Shmup...
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

You can find a few of those on various PDAs.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Nanostray didn't interest me one bit till I saw those videos. Now I want it. Mmm, DS shmup.