xbox 360 questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
DC906270

xbox 360 questions

Post by DC906270 »

I have a Japanese X Box 360. Can anyone help me with these queries?

1) What is best way of connecting Xbox 360 for playing shmups on an LCD TV? Presently i have it connected by HDMI and have selected 480p in XBox set up. Death Smiles Arcade mode does not look good, but XBox 360 mode looks pretty sharp. Does Death Smiles Arcade mode look decent when hooked up to a CRT via RGB?

2) Does my latest XBox 360 model have wireless capability built in, as it comes with a wireless controller (which i am not using). however i would like to access my wireless network in my house for running movies and music from my pc, and also to access xbox live. i have tried setting up the network and it fails. do i need to buy a wireless adapter? and if so, how comes the wireless controller?
jonny5

Re: xbox 360 questions

Post by jonny5 »

i can confirm arcade mode still looks like ass on CRT
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Don't set your 360 to 480p if your flat-panel TV can do better - turn it as high up as you can. Flat panels can only display one resolution, so the image will be scaled either way - and it's typically much, much better to have the image upscaled at the source than it is to have the TV do it. In most cases, it'll both look better and introduce less lag.

No 360 comes with wireless networking out of the box - you'd have to either get MS's $99 adapter (lol no) or something a lot more reasonable, like a WRT54GL with DD-WRT or one of those ethernet-wireless bridges.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

thanks for your help guys. my questions probably seem a bit "newb" but my instructions are all in japanese. i kind of thought the new xbox might have wireless built in, this day n age n all!

im thinking ill just plump for a Microsoft xbox 360 wireless adapter, amazon sells them for like £38, so seems cheaper than anything else. does anyone know if buying an UK region adapter will work on my JP machine, and allow me to download JP content from xbox live?
Bootaaay

Post by Bootaaay »

DC906270 wrote:im thinking ill just plump for a Microsoft xbox 360 wireless adapter, amazon sells them for like £38, so seems cheaper than anything else. does anyone know if buying an UK region adapter will work on my JP machine, and allow me to download JP content from xbox live?
Yeah, i'm using a UK adaptor on my JP 360 and it works fine - accessories are region free.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

ok , thanks looks like ill be getting one of these then