R-Type Final really sucks

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Sly Cherry Chunks

Re: R-Type Final really sucks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

RTF2 hype is building, Youtube keeps recommending this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAAWw3 ... zegRO3wT1g

Not sure how legit his runs are - somehow he can do stage 5 at any speed without the screen distortion, but his channel is full of glitches, podless runs and timouts. (he does the 45 minute milkrun in 19 minutes!!!)

I upgraded to PCSX21.6.0 and have been playing a bit. I'd really like to get an Arrowhead 1CC before RTF2 comes out. Enjoying this game with crisper graphics and no slowdown but stage 5 has messed up background layers and there's a weather effect on the desert stage that actually makes enemy bullets invisible!
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
heli

Post by heli »

As PAL gamer i was and am still very happy that i could buy any sort of shmup type game legal without modifying hardware.
I got it for 30 euro, 50 for r-type final 2 is to much, i will wait until the price is 20 or 30 euro.

*I dont know if you can run copys on a PS2 today in 2021 without hardware mod ?

Seeing this topic i need to hook my PS2 up, it been a while, need to keep the consoles all in good shape by playing once in a while.
I dont know how to unlock all ships, this game sucks stupid ship ulocking thingie.
If r-type final comes with in game purchases i dont want final 2.
BrainΦΠΦTemple

Post by BrainΦΠΦTemple »

fine motion is one of my favOrite bosses ever

i'm not sure really wHat this adds, if anything, but i felt i had to say it
nO-miss superplAyz i \m/ash in shmupz + mOsh w/ ur mom
berlin schOol albums | sOundcloud
new albUm:Kristallgeist
"Here is a molding synthesis creator with a strong personality. It needs to be better known." --rockliquias.com's reviEw of "kristallgeist"
slateman

Post by slateman »

heli wrote: I dont know how to unlock all ships, this game sucks stupid ship ulocking thingie.
If r-type final comes with in game purchases i dont want final 2.
I agree with your second statement here. I don't mind paying the €50, honestly as I'll gladly pay the extra €20-30. That's not that much considering I'm just so thrilled this game is even being made in the first place. However, in-game purchases would be a real turn-off even though I realize it's how the world works in 2021.

As for unlockables, my old site (http://slateman.net/rtype/rtypefinal/) has all the unlock details though...it's A LOT of work/time.

If you have the capability, go to https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/91510 ... inal/saves and grab a completed save game. That'd save....HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS!
heli

Post by heli »

Artificial skill is always wrong.
Farming is a waste of time.

Lets play/make fair games based on skill only, then no purchases are needed if its fair for everyone beginner to long-time players.

I do like the menu thingie overview its addictive, like they do with cigarettes.
They making it on purpose addictive, there are many tricks.

Back in the days we had cheat-codes to unlock everything.

By the way : i dont think those passwords will work on my PAL version or something.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Rtype Final 2 in that video makes it look bad as well.

Explosions that go on forever, undetailed polygons for this era, slow gameplay, not knowing which plane of graphics has hit detection and which ones do not. Ideally R-type in this era should be a world leader in shmup tech, using the most colourful graphics, alien designs and millions of polygons.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Austin

Post by Austin »

2005 called and it wants its shmup quality expectations back.

For people that need a reminder, shmups are dead in the mainstream and historically, for a very long time now, have not sold well. It simply isn't reasonable to expect top-quality, cutting-edge "AAA" visuals in a game like this. While I'd like shmup devs to make their games as impressive as they can, it's not the reality we live in.

That said, I don't know what some of you are looking at. I think Final 2 looks pretty good.