Interesting iteration of Darius here...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Skyknight

Interesting iteration of Darius here...

Post by Skyknight »

http://www.taito.co.jp/mobile/ew_docomo ... epark.html

You're looking for Darius Ocean...

I'll let you figure out what game Taito crossbred Darius with (I already know which one--I personally played it).
The Bullet Dodger

Post by The Bullet Dodger »

:lol: Looks like Darius meets In The Hunt. It's pretty intresting though, and it looks a little aged. I can't read Japanese, so is this a real shmup? and if so, for what console?
zinger

Post by zinger »

I think it's for cellular phones.
Skyknight

Not In the Hunt...

Post by Skyknight »

...but The Deep (and even before that, it turns out, Deep Scan). In both those games--and Darius Ocean--your vessel is a subchaser. You move about the water's surface (i.e. the top of the screen) and drop depth charges onto your foes (and in The Deep, at least, you can alter the charges' speed even when they've already been deployed). Meanwhile, you have to avoid their mines and rockets.

I'm wondering how King Fossil and Dual Shears (for example) have been adjusted to go after something that's typically above them, rather than in front of them.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Slightly OT, but they site also has a link to a game called Spider-Man 2 the Qix. Strange how Taito is using a game to promote a movie now.