Castle Shikigami

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

castle shikigami 2 better on Dreamcast or Cube

Dreamcast
86%
Gamecube
14%

Total votes: 14

thenza

Castle Shikigami

Post by thenza »

hi first post only just found this excellent site. please forgive me if this type of question doesnt belong here but i am after castle shikigami 2 but unsure which console to get it on. i have the choice between the gamecube and the dreamcast version. which would you reccommend, i need to know if one version better than the over or are they both equally brilliant.
many thanks in advance for clearing this up for me
Rob

Post by Rob »

Gamecube... better sound, option to turn slowdown completely off or have it like the arcade's. DC has muffled sound and some halfway point between wait on and off.
Kron

Post by Kron »

The DC version does NOT have muffled sound and the frame rate is improved upon the original Naomi version. However if you want a version with an option to completely irradicates the slowdown get the Cube version.

Both versions look great through RGB and VGA (DC standard and Cube component lead converted).
Rob

Post by Rob »

The GC's sounds much better. I was disappointed going from the full sound of the GC game to a lifeless rendition in the DC's, since it has a nice soundtrack. I wanted the DC version to match or better the game, since I prefer the system/controller, but that's not how it worked out. :(
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Rob wrote:The GC's sounds much better. I was disappointed going from the full sound of the GC game to a lifeless rendition in the DC's, since it has a nice soundtrack. I wanted the DC version to match or better the game, since I prefer the system/controller, but that's not how it worked out. :(
The DC version features the original NAOMI soundtrack. The GC, PS2 and most likely X-Box releases feature a resampled soundtrack. Persoanlly, I prefer the play-control and feel of the DC version in Tate.
Guus

Post by Guus »

DC version because of the VGABOX support.
All consoles need vga out :wink:

And if i could change the controls of the PC version then the PC version is the
best. (better sound and highres) But it's still not possible :cry:
thenza

Post by thenza »

thanks a lot guys. i think ill go with GC version because the framerates more important to me than soundtrack and VGA.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

DC -- packaging 1000x less likely to wear down after 2 weeks.
The Bullet Dodger

Post by The Bullet Dodger »

haven't played the GC version, but I do own the DC import and U.S. PS2 version, and they're both equally great in terms of gameplay, IMO. I see no difference between them, except for the cheesey english dubbing in the PS2 port.
Rob

Post by Rob »

GaijinPunch wrote:DC -- packaging 1000x less likely to wear down after 2 weeks.
I threw the box away.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Where's the US PS2 release in this poll??

I have the PS2 US release, and I love it. Ok maybe the voices aren't perfect, but I don't really buy shumps for the voice acting, and as for the story, it's not as if XS Games ported over Dragon Warrior VIII and ripped out half the storyline. Plus, it's about 1/3rd the cost of the Cube and DC versions.