Strange problems with Heavy Barrel pcb

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
rolins

Strange problems with Heavy Barrel pcb

Post by rolins »

I have a weird problem on my Heavy Barrel pcb. The 2nd button on Player1 side is being held down for some reason. So when I go to the diagnostic screen, the 2nd button is constantly registered as 1 when it should be 0 because I'm not pressing it. Its definitely the pcb that's at fault here since I've tried it on 2 different superguns. I've tried cleaning the jamma edge and reseated some roms but that's about it. I'm not very tech savvy when comes to troubleshooting pcbs. I can use Player2 side without problems, but when my friends come over I want some co-op play. What do think I should try? Any help is appreciated. :|
rolins

Post by rolins »

:( Anyone at least have a schematic for the DE-0297-0 pcb? This is the top board of my Heavy Barrel game. I'm having a difficult time tracing jamma pin23 (player1 button 2) since it goes underneath all kinds of components. Not to mention I think Pin23 is bridged to the common GND, so doing a continuity test doesn't work well unless I'm tracing it with my eye.
TigerCraneFist

Post by TigerCraneFist »

sorry again to hear about this... even though I sold the board for only 20.00 I feel bad as I never had this problem with it....if you feel like you would like a refund we can totally work that out. Just PM me if so.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Probably a loose ground somewhere. Its the only explanation.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.