Mushi BL now working, no help needed now!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

yes.....

send it back to halloween jack
system11

Post by system11 »

I'd just let Jack sort it out - he's being nice and open with the offer.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
captpain

Post by captpain »

Seller's being unreasonable, he should also offer a foot massage and a free cup of coffee
Halloween Jack

Post by Halloween Jack »

bloodflowers wrote:I'd just let Jack sort it out - he's being nice and open with the offer.
Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm really keen to resolve this matter asap, and have requested final confirmation from Strider77 as to whether he wishes to:

a) Retain the kit and complete the sale.
b) Return the kit and receive a full refund.

I can't keep the offer of a full refund open forever and a day, so I'm hoping for clarification pretty soon.

HJ
sven666

Post by sven666 »

excellent sales ethics on display here, mad props to you jack!
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Seller's being unreasonable, he should also offer a foot massage and a free cup of coffee
oh come on... I never mentioned the sellers name and I'm annoyed with the board not working. This isn't a hate on jack thread but I am human.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Halloween Jack

Post by Halloween Jack »

Well, this sort of thing is really unpleasant for both buyer and seller. I'm feeling pretty bad about it all, I must say - and I know how much the kit meant to Strider77.

Sad thing is that technical faults, compatibility issues and associated costs are aspects of the hobby that none of us can mitigate against - and all seem to be magnified ten-fold when trading with Cave kits.

So I guess the best we can do is to remain civil, reasoned, and work together to bottom-out the issues.

All I can do is to pay for the return of the kit to the UK and provide a full refund to Strider77, with an apology for the inconvenience caused.

Hopefully, there will be another Mushi BL kit available for sale soon, that's a little less volatile.

HJ
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

get it fixed and i will trade you a minty futari 1.5 kit and cash for it :D
Halloween Jack

Post by Halloween Jack »

jonny5 wrote:get it fixed and i will trade you a minty futari 1.5 kit and cash for it :D
:) Excellent - so says a man desparate for "God Mode" - thanks for the offer dude!!!
rtw

Post by rtw »

robivy64 wrote:I doubt Cave desolders the flash to reprogram boards. I'm pretty certain they can reprogram boards via JTAG without physically modifying the board. That would be like going around the world just to cross the street. It would not make much sense.
I traced out the board under a microscope. It looks as if U23 & U24 (Sound Data) are not a part of the JTAG chain and are most likely preprogrammed before mounting.

rtw
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Halloween Jack

Post by Halloween Jack »

Halloween Jack wrote:
bloodflowers wrote:I'd just let Jack sort it out - he's being nice and open with the offer.
Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm really keen to resolve this matter asap, and have requested final confirmation from Strider77 as to whether he wishes to:

a) Retain the kit and complete the sale.
b) Return the kit and receive a full refund.

I can't keep the offer of a full refund open forever and a day, so I'm hoping for clarification pretty soon.

HJ
Okay, well Strider77 has decided to retain the Mushi kit and pursue his own repairs. The sales transaction is now complete, and I wish him well with the repair process!!

HJ
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Finally!!! got the mushi 2 BL back today REPAIRED!!!
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

Where'd you get it fixed and what was wrong with it?
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

got it fixed by cave, I used fujita communications as a middle man.

dunno what was wrong but it works now.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Scary thread. This actually makes me want to keep my 1.5, because I know it works perfectly. If I end up getting in this situation I'd probably panic.

Obviously something was wrong if Fujita had it repaired for you, though, so I don't think you were doing anything wrong. Funny how it was working for the seller then suddenly doesn't work when you receive it.

Fujita don't tell you what the problems were?
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

$300+ for repairs???
=/
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

after shipping and all was said and done it was 250 with shipping ect.

I paid about 1100 shipped I think.

yeah I was devastated and all... but it was worth it. i could get it to boot on occasion so i new it must be fixable.

they didn't tell me what was wrong but I could tell when I got it back that a lone PCB trace/lead had been damaged some how... probably via static discharge.

i paid about 1400 I suppose in the end but the kit is complete with poster and was in flawless shape... mushi 1 was one of my favorite purchases PCB wise ever. I couldn't let the mushi 2 BL go.

who knows what went wrong... maybe customs messing with it or something?