Rotating Egret II monitor question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
corbie

Rotating Egret II monitor question

Post by corbie »

I've yet to rotate the monitor on my Egret II cabinet, but I'm about to install my Deathsmiles pcb and wanted to know what the procedure was for rotating the monitor from vertical to horizontal position. My main question is other than rotating the monitor and bezel, do you have to degauss the monitor before or after rotating it? Sorry for the noob question. :)
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
zakk

Post by zakk »

After.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

http://www.zax.com.au/egret2.html

I don't know about degauss, since I never rotate my EGRET II. But the bezel rotation seems like the "hard" part.

Emph
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
CFO

Post by CFO »

Is it true that the Egret II auto degausses on certain monitors? I have not seen a degauss on mine. :?

Also, I agree that rotating the bezel is the only thing that takes time, there's about ~10 screws to re-do.
Chi_Ryu

Post by Chi_Ryu »

The Egret II does not have a manual degauss switch, and instead auto-degausses on power up. All you need to do is remove the wingnuts and turn it (in the right direction :p).

Yeah, the Bezel is the hardest part (read: most time consuming and tedious).
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Hence why some folks have two Egret II cabinets side by side: one in tate and the other in yoko for them Jamma PCBs. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
corbie

Post by corbie »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Hence why some folks have two Egret II cabinets side by side: one in tate and the other in yoko for them Jamma PCBs. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
And I thought I was frivolous. :D

And I had no idea the Egret II had no degauss button. My Neo Geo Candy has one, but not this Egret II.

EDIT: I wanted to thank everyone for the responses. I guess I should have researched this a little more carefully before asking. I got the monitor flipped to Yoko and I'm now enjoying Deathsmiles. Great game!
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
Chi_Ryu

Post by Chi_Ryu »

corbie wrote:Great game!
It would have been worth tating the monitor for that even if you *didn't* have a Egret II :D
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
slap_fight

Post by slap_fight »

i don't bother with the screws on the bezel anymore and i only use 2 wing nuts when fixing the monitor just to take the strain off the rotate mech.