2009 Maryland Shmupmeet: THe First

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Kiken

2009 Maryland Shmupmeet: THe First

Post by Kiken »

I figured a bunch of you guys in the area were interested in trying out DDP:DOJ BLEX and Shooting Love 200X (Gwyrgyn, you are not using my Otomedius stick with the XII Stag ship!). To give UPS some time, I figured we'd do it at the end of the month: the 28th (possibly over into the 1st).

I've invested in 2 more TVs since the last shmupmeet (a 26 inch HD and a 20 inch SD) so there's plenty of screens.

Guys, let me know if the above date works for you.
zakk

Post by zakk »

That weekend is good for me. I finally ordered a JP360! No idea when it'll show up, though.

Does the HD TV take VGA?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

zakk wrote:That weekend is good for me. I finally ordered a JP360! No idea when it'll show up, though.

Does the HD TV take VGA?
Yep. A VGA connection was a requirement for purchase. It's how I have the 360 plugged in to the set.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Re: 2009 Maryland Shmupmeet: THe First

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Kiken wrote:I figured a bunch of you guys in the area were interested in trying out DDP:DOJ BLEX and Shooting Love 200X (Gwyrgyn, you are not using my Otomedius stick with the XII Stag ship!).
Oh come on :lol:

I'll check and see if that weekend is open, I think it is but weekends have been extra busy lately so who knows.

Only new thing I have is Dragon Blaze. I sold Ketsui with the intention of buying something else expensive but that never happened. :/
rancid3000

Post by rancid3000 »

That should be good for me. I don't have much to offer but I can bring my 24in rotating HD monitor for DDP BLEX or Shooting Love.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

This sounds like a pretty good time. Don't have much I could bring to the party, and I'm a pretty terrible player at that, but I -think- I'm free that weekend if you guys don't mind me tagging along...
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

rancid3000 wrote:That should be good for me. I don't have much to offer but I can bring my 24in rotating HD monitor for DDP BLEX or Shooting Love.
If you'd like to bring it along, that's cool. We'll probably have to set it up on the table. I actually have a 20 inch SD set that I plug all my tate stuff into via S-Video.
StarCreator wrote:This sounds like a pretty good time. Don't have much I could bring to the party, and I'm a pretty terrible player at that, but I -think- I'm free that weekend if you guys don't mind me tagging along...
Bring whatever you like (favourite sticks/controllers are a good idea). You are more than welcome join. Shoot me a list of games that you think you'd like to bring and I'll let you know if I already have copies.
rancid3000

Post by rancid3000 »

I have a PS2 with a fliptop and swap magic and almost every PS2 shmup. My Dreamcast is at home in NY. No PCB's or sticks.

I also have a 360 with R-Type Dimensions and Castle Crashers (not a shmup but an awesome game IMO). Might get Triggerheart when I get some more points.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

rancid3000 wrote:I have a PS2 with a fliptop and swap magic and almost every PS2 shmup. My Dreamcast is at home in NY. No PCB's or sticks.
I have both a Japanese and a US PS2. So long as you're bringing official games, I can run them. I have a Japanese DC, so if you have imports, you can bring them (although, I do own all of the official DC shmups).
rancid3000 wrote:I also have a 360 with R-Type Dimensions and Castle Crashers (not a shmup but an awesome game IMO). Might get Triggerheart when I get some more points.
I have RTD and THE on my 360 as well.
DirtyMonk

Post by DirtyMonk »

I just moved to the DC Area recently, and I would love to join you guys. The thing is, I might be starting work soon, and I have no idea what my schedule is going to look like, but if it's clear by then, then count me in!

I think you have most of the games I already have, and that includes the PCBs. I'll PM you a list sometime later to double check.
rancid3000

Post by rancid3000 »

Does anyone have Ketsui? Never played it and I really want to try it.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

rancid3000 wrote:Does anyone have Ketsui? Never played it and I really want to try it.
Zakk has it. I don't think he'll mind bringing it again.
zakk

Post by zakk »

rancid3000 wrote:Does anyone have Ketsui? Never played it and I really want to try it.
I'll bring mine. Hope you like the insert credit sound!
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

I should try and fix that but I have no idea what the hell even causes the problem. :lol:
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

zakk wrote:
I'll bring mine. Hope you like the insert credit sound!
We need to record this! We could always try using another joystick.
rancid3000

Post by rancid3000 »

I'm still not sure if I can make it. Student teaching has been owning me up and I'm sick. I will let you know ASAP.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

So I'm pretty sure I can go. I'll bring my PS2 and modded SC2 Hori for sure. The only PCB I have is ESPGALUDA II and I know for a fact I'm not the only person around that owns it... but I don't have a supergun of my own to run it on. Do I need to bring it or are we good?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

StarCreator wrote:So I'm pretty sure I can go. I'll bring my PS2 and modded SC2 Hori for sure. The only PCB I have is ESPGALUDA II and I know for a fact I'm not the only person around that owns it... but I don't have a supergun of my own to run it on. Do I need to bring it or are we good?
I own ESPGaluda II, you don't need to bring it. I also own both a US and a Japanese PS2. I would say just bring your stick and your memory cards.
DirtyMonk

Post by DirtyMonk »

Hey Kiken, I should be able to make it this Sat. I'll bring what we covered in the PM.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Oh does anyone want this Galuda 2 half sized poster? I've still got it sitting around. It's the poster with just the Asagi's on it.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I'd take it if you really don't want it. I had thought you had gotten rid of it already...
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

See you guys tomorrow.
rancid3000

Post by rancid3000 »

I'm not going to make it. Need to catch up on sleep and work. Hopefully I can make the next one. Have fun everyone!
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

What time should we show up tomorrow? I've got my joystick all put back together, finally fully recovered from having played XII Stag.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Gwyrgyn Blood wrote:What time should we show up tomorrow? I've got my joystick all put back together, finally fully recovered from having played XII Stag.
Officially starting at 2pm, but if you want to show up a bit earlier, that's up to you.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Anyone want to play some MBL? -___-
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

Okay, WAY late :oops: but here are the videos from the meet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ONTYRWAGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ced00DznDrQ

There is in fact a third, but it's so blurry as to be unwatchable... :x *need a better camera*

Yes, I've already forgotten who showed up. That day was terrible for me for socializing. Sorry :( Reply and I'll add you in the credits!
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
versionfiv

Post by versionfiv »

hm, is another meet planned ? I'm from northern virginia and just stumbled on this thread ;p
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

At the moment, we're moving, so it'll have to be after that! :? Unless someone else wants to take a shot at hosting! :o
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
the black_7

Post by the black_7 »

'Sup. I tried to start up a Southern, Va thread... not much luck. I just came from a Northern Virginia Neo-Geo.com meet up, and it was great. Figured I might as well come over to your guys side and see what was going on. Next time you guys have something going on, I'm definitely interested.
You'd be amazed at how many bullets you can dodge by simply standing still