What [not shmup] game are you playing now?

Anything from run & guns to modern RPGs, what else do you play?
LaserGun

Post by LaserGun »

elfhentaifan wrote:my penis
No more doujinshi for you, mister.

I've been playing:

Midnight Resistance
Metal Slug 7
Uo Poko
SSF2ST
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

King's Field IV - a little warm-up for Demon's Souls.
SockPuppetHyren

Post by SockPuppetHyren »

King of Fighter '96

Nostalgia and stuff.
boagman

Post by boagman »

LaserGun wrote:I've been playing:
Metal Slug 7
What's your take on it? Is it faithful to its heritage?
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

contra hardcorps

Actually I'm not so much playing it as getting my ass kicked by it.
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
LaserGun

Post by LaserGun »

boagman wrote:
LaserGun wrote:I've been playing:
Metal Slug 7
What's your take on it? Is it faithful to its heritage?
I have a love/hate relationship with it, I'm pretty much against fast past action games on handhelds. It's not faithful to it's heritage at all, feels like you're playing a Contra title. Not a game I can see myself playing a lot but it's good for trips to the can.
Khan

Post by Khan »

Mame wise I've been kicking ass on Knights of valour and Sengoku 3 I just cant get enough of 2D brawlers I just wish there was a way I could play them on my TV instead of my PC monitor. Also Gunforce 2 and Armed Police Batrider...MAME is the best thing to ever come out of the emulation world!

Also PC wise I've been killing it on Call Of Duty 4 alot lately I got bored of the TDM HC mode as on some servers I was coming in the top 3 quite frequently (not blowing my horn on purpose lol) and decided to give Search and destroy a go I suck at it but its enjoyable out of all the modes though Zombie mode totally rocks! if any of you guys have it download that mod now! you will love it!

Console wise not been touching my 360 for a long time only SSF2THD remix and some Dead Or Alive 4 was the last thing i touched on it and that was maybe a month back lol.

PS2

Silent Hill 2:never did get round to playing all the way through all those years back

Castlevania Lament of Innocence: hated the idea of a 3D castlevania so I tried to avoid it all those years back but I managed to pick up a copy in gamestation for cheap and have to say I'm surprisingly enjoying it! the corridors go on a while though and the bgm isnt as memorable as SOTN's
I've killed the 3rd boss so im well into the game I think.

Neo geo battle collesium: only cost me £5 brand new off ebay I always wanted to get my own copy as I borrowed a mates and loved it!

Next is going to be Odin sphere but I gotta play Princess crown on my Psp first as its sorta a sequel to that.

Khan,
RegalSin wrote:America also needs less Pale and Char Coal looking people and more Tan skinned people since tthis will eliminate the diffrence between dark and light.

Where could I E-mail or mail to if I want to address my ideas and Opinions?
null1024

Post by null1024 »

KOF `96 [and being owned by it, gotten way too used to KOF `97, 2k3 and XI]
And lots of StepMania. Need to find that uber-hard stepfile of Disconnected Hazard...
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Khan wrote: Castlevania Lament of Innocence: hated the idea of a 3D castlevania so I tried to avoid it all those years back but I managed to pick up a copy in gamestation for cheap and have to say I'm surprisingly enjoying it! the corridors go on a while though and the bgm isnt as memorable as SOTN's
I've killed the 3rd boss so im well into the game I think.
Welcome to the 0.1% of Castlevania fans who actually enjoy Lament of Innocence. 8)

About the BGM; just wait till you reach the final area... :wink:
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Legend of Wukong and Zero Tolerance.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Doom 64 EX: A homebrew PC version which requires the N64 ROM to make the WAD file, but it's good. You run the wadgen.exe program, point it to the N64 ROM of Doom 64, and that makes an IWAD out of the ROM's level/sound/sprite/etc data. Even better than playing the cart thanks to mouse support.

F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin (360) : Better than the first one IMO. The original F.E.A.R. didn't have too bad of a frame rate, but this sequel runs even smoother. Quake 4 should not have had its choppiness problem. This will work on a Japanese system, like all other Monolith games on 360.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
handsome_rakshas

Post by handsome_rakshas »

Suikoden, Metal Slug 7, and Time Crisis 4.
Xenogears is next, never played it!
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Alien Soldier and Sin And Punishment
themachinist

Post by themachinist »

puzzlequest for psp. i'm addicted.
Lordstar

Post by Lordstar »

Call of duty 4 on XBL. I really do hope they get huxley sorted as the whole gain XP from a FPS really appeals to the RPG fan in me but the fact i get to shoot shit in the face appeals to the twelve year old in me X-D

I <3 headshots
Follow me on twitter for tees and my ramblings @karoshidrop
shmups members can purchase here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Playing Street Fighter Alpha 3. Lots of it.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

La Mulana. Been playing it for a month now and still far from finishing it. It's amazing how deep and complex this game really is. One of the best ever made, period.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Between DOJ BLEX and Shooting Love 200X, I've been playing Sonic World Adventure for the 360.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

R-Type Command on the PSP.

Blame it on my rekindled....or i guess just kindled...fascination with all things R-Type, but kicking Dobterak...Dobtak.....Bob Dole....whatever's ass with a fleet of sexy black R-9s is just too damn fun.

Also, Drac X Chronicles, Mega Man Powered Up.......whenever my woman isn't playing that Ratchet/Clank pack-in. My 360 feels abandoned.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Akumajō Dracula Dark Night Prelude (Gameboy color)

and

Killzone 2 (PS3)

... Dracula is the better game.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

LaserGun wrote:Midnight Resistance
Midnight Resistance, fuck yeah.

Been playing Contra / Super C on the DS via Contra 4. Surprisingly fun playing both games. I do Super C with just the MG.
Skykid wrote:... Dracula is the better game.
o_O

Also, it's okay to call it just Castlevania Legends. :X

/me punts Skykid into a Zombie Hole.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Freelancer for PC using the Itano Circus mode. The original was awful, slow, boring, overall, not too good. The mod turned it into something awesome yet it still has some flaws...

The missile bays need unreal amounts of missiles and it seems the game breaks the original campaign so you are free to wander around. But I cannot stop thinking: "PRESS 'Q' FOR MISSILES".

Other than that, worth a try if you find the game for cheap.

Oh, and some random translated VNs from the insani project.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Just finished Yakuza 2. Currently playing Dragon Quest V.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

Been playing the shit out of Too Human. Making uber armour sets and tearing through Helheim with my Champion is what gaming is all about. So many flaws with this game but I've still put in around 100 hours with many more to come.
Number of 1cc's : 5
Now playing: Gunbird
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Playing a bit of Marathon Infinity, and wishing I remembered what Durandal was saying at that first terminal... I tend to get lost...
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

EXIT 2 XBLA port, best puzzle game ive played in ages.
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty 4
SockPuppetHyren

Post by SockPuppetHyren »

Oddly enough, all the business around SF4 got me to play Garou: Mark of the Wolves again. Shit is painfully awesome.
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Playing Megamax X4, I've only beaten that jungle level so far...
kengou

Post by kengou »

Observer wrote:Freelancer for PC using the Itano Circus mode. The original was awful, slow, boring, overall, not too good. The mod turned it into something awesome yet it still has some flaws...

The missile bays need unreal amounts of missiles and it seems the game breaks the original campaign so you are free to wander around. But I cannot stop thinking: "PRESS 'Q' FOR MISSILES".

Other than that, worth a try if you find the game for cheap.

Oh, and some random translated VNs from the insani project.
Whoah whoah... original Freelancer kicked ass! What are you talking about?!

I've been playing Sins of a Solar Empire, Rome: Total War, Puzzle Quest Galactrix, Team Fortress 2 (scout update, FINALLY!) and an interesting Half-Life 2 mod called Kreedz Climbing. If you like speedrunning/tricky climbing and platforming/surfing, give this mod a shot!
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

I am addicted to Fable 2 atm.
I'd download Fable 1 (whom I never played cuz I never owned a Xbox coz Xbox suck donkey dong) on XBLA but I'm scared to find it shitty.
Alas, Ikaruga is going...

Undesired, unwanted them...
What makes them go?