Homura info

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
GaijinPunch

Homura info

Post by GaijinPunch »

Double Post from here

I haven't seen any posts other than "Homura looks nice", so...
Taito will be publishing a vertical shooter entitled Homura developed by Korean developer Skonec Entertainment. It will run on Taito TypeX hardware and will be released this summer.

The game will reportedly have a setting during the Warring States Era in Japan (pre-unification in 1600) and will feature a system where you can shoot bullets back at the enemies. It will have 4 normal stages, plus a hidden stage. The first three stages will feature different paths, which are opened based on things like character location and if certain enemies are defeated. As it runs on Taito TypeX, it will "of course feature beautiful 3D graphics".
Sounds kind of Gigawing-ish to me.
Rob

Re: Homura info

Post by Rob »

GaijinPunch wrote:and will feature a system where you can shoot bullets back at the enemies.
Hmm, I didn't notice anything like this in the stage 1 vid. Can the sword "bat" them back or something?
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Yeah, it appears that you're right. Kind of a quick translation. Here's literally what it says,
。敵の弾幕をはじき返すことができる「抜刀」や「カウンター」など、オリジナルのゲームシステムを採用。
Adopts a game system with a 'counter' and 'battou' which can flick back barrages of enemy bullets

Wasn't sure how to translate battou. According to my dictionary:

battou = draw [unsheathe] one’s sword

Counter, can really mean anything though, so I went with the more vague choice. :)