as i'm new....

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
sjewkestheloon

as i'm new....

Post by sjewkestheloon »

to shmuping in general i've always been a little cynical about the complaints of differences in ports. as of today however i can agree. last night i got the play-it published pal release of strikers 1945 i and 2. i have spent a lot of time with part 2 on the ps1 and expected exactly the same experience. however the sound in the ps2 release is far superior, with the muffled tunes of the ps1 release seemingly tidied up, and i don't know whether i'm imagining it but the flying pancake seems to be a little quicker and more smooth. it just feels likea different game in a certain way. very strange...

also got the gunbird collection but haven't tried that yet.

i'll say it again. DAMN YOU PUBLISHERS who remove high score saving... grrrr
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

Sorry I cant be of no help

but I must say...

A flying pancake inthe game :lol:
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

so you would say strikers 1945 part 2 is better than one then? if so i may buy it for saturn if the music has really been improved. 1st one annoyed me :evil:
Vidi Vici Veni
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

no i mean part 2 for the ps1 and ps2 respectively in different ports. the ps1 port is released by midas and the ps2 port by play-more
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Ah I c what you mean.
Vidi Vici Veni
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

sjewkestheloon wrote:no i mean part 2 for the ps1 and ps2 respectively in different ports. the ps1 port is released by midas and the ps2 port by play-more
I've only played the PS-1 port which I thought was pretty faithful conversion, without those slowdowns on the Saturn.

But I found bad that it was missing the cool Saturn Intro & the Arcade intro. Also it would have been good if had a volume adjustement option. The SFX were too loud compared to the music.
THe Panorama screen option of Raiden Project would have nice aswell. Its so cool vertical shmups streched to fit the whole TV screen.

Whats the PS-2 version like, in the Graphics & sound department?
Is it better than the PS-2 port?
Doe sit have the above options & intro?