Holy bullet hell Batman! ESPGaluda Arrange Mode vids

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
GaijinPunch

Holy bullet hell Batman! ESPGaluda Arrange Mode vids

Post by GaijinPunch »

I uploaded 3 ESPGaluda Arrange Mode Super Replays to Japanese Gaming. They (the replay data, not vids) were included on a DVD that came with a Dengeki PS2 that came out in September. It's got stage 4, 5-1, and 5-2. I'm assuming 1, 2, and 3 came on a previous issues. If someone can clarify, please let me know. I would love to add those replays as well.

Anyways, enjoy. Just two words of warning.
1: The guy doesn't even attempt the last boss, so it's a bit anti-climatic. Up until then is fuckin' crazy though.
2: They're on File Planet so you'll need one of those ID's to download them. It's free, and they don't spam, so unless you're the ultimate lazy ass, it shouldn't be a problem.

link
snap monkey

Post by snap monkey »

I fucking hate File Planet! Ok, their selection is pretty amazing, but waiting in line is the worstest... anybody feel like hosting these?

I'd really love to play this game.
TVG

Post by TVG »

i have an arranged all clear vid, but i dont remember where i got it, maybe off arika site, i can send it via msn if you care.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

I stand by my #2 statement. :)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

The stage4 video works. The stage 5-1 video is corrupt, only downloads 5.8M (I tried several times). And the 5-2 video doesn't even come up with any download on fileplanet. Oh well...
undamned

Post by undamned »

The vagrant wrote:i have an arranged all clear vid, but i dont remember where i got it, maybe off arika site...
Arika hosted Aranged Mode clears for both chars, at some point (maybe still?). I have them around somewheres, heh.
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

the vids are still up at arika's site

www.arika.co.jp

click the movie link on the left (use your status bar if you can't read japanese)

look for files 166.6 MB and 169.9 MB in size
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Dave_K. wrote:The stage4 video works. The stage 5-1 video is corrupt, only downloads 5.8M (I tried several times). And the 5-2 video doesn't even come up with any download on fileplanet. Oh well...
Hmmm... I see them there on the FTP site. That's strange, but is probably due to the way that the File Planet clusters replicate. Give it 12 hours and it should work.

Not that it's necessary since Arika is hosting the full thing. Wonder if it's the same play file. Gonna download and find out. :)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

The replays do not appear to be the same... But still they are both good! 8)
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Yeah, they must be different, as both of the replays on Arika have the players beating the final boss.

I couldn't tell, which replay had the higher score, Irori or JB the 5th? And why was Yasuke not included in the Arrange mode?
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Well, none of the ESPRade charactes are in ESPGaluda. I don't know the full story, but I'm assuming Black and Chihiro were leftovers. Here's asnippit from an interview with cave just after ESPRade came out.
G-Kita: There were originally more main characters, weren't there?

Inoue: Yes. Six.

G-Kita: There were some very detailed setting sketches of the heroines. What a shame.

Inoue: In the end, realizing we couldn't make six characters, we mixed up two of the heroines (laughs).
On that note, I'd say that Chihiro is pieces of what later became Irori. Not sure sure but I think we can see a little bit of JB in Black, no?

I'm not sure why the guy doesn't even try to carry out the last boss in the replay. The good thing is though, you can override it anytime and get some practice in. :)