Sin & Punishment 2

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Zaarock

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by Zaarock »

Weak Boson wrote:This bump has made me nostalgic. I decided to listen to the OST again and this was a good decision.

My copy of the game is in a box somewhere miles away - has anyone attempted to play this through emulation?
This game runs very well on Dolphin. I used gamepad + mouse for a few playthroughs, no complaints here. And it should look better than the original version even with minimal settings.
WarpZone

Re: Sin & Punishment 2

Post by WarpZone »

Health definitely refills between stages on all difficulty settings, and unlike S&P1 your multiplier/combo also resets.

So playing for the ALL score is literally the same as playing each stage in sequence via stage select and adding your scores together, it probably shouldn't have even been tracked as it gives a misleading impression. The game is all about individual stage score attack, and though criticized for its overall length, any given score attack run is about 15-30 minutes (stage 6 goes over if you're very good/rigorous at milking) while S&P1 is always going to be 50-60 minutes.

Bleed 2, Furi, ZeroRanger, and some other games seem inspired by S&P2, but almost ten years later S&P2 still seems unrivaled in its genre for sheer scale, fluidity, and a hugely varied, prismatic exploration of ideas built off unchanging mechanics (except for that awful, inexplicable stage 6 boss). Treasure's last great work.