Vogatek Supergun Mk.III

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
eastbayarb
Banned User

Post by eastbayarb »

rolins said,

"If you're using a line level converter with this or a pair of 8ohm passive speakers, then skip the stuff I'm going to say below.

To me that's a dumb idea. From that picture you posted it doesn't even look like an attenuator was installed, meaning your audio is not converted to line level. If you plug that into your TV it will eventually damage your speakers including the amp on your game pcbs."

so should i just use the 1/8" audio output? maybe wired that to the SCART cable?
rolins

Post by rolins »

eastbayarb wrote: so should i just use the 1/8" audio output? maybe wired that to the SCART cable?
If you wire the 1/8" plug into the scart it'd be same as before in the picture you last posted.

I say install an attenuation circuit if you really want to have sound through the scart cable without damaging your equipment. There are different ways of doing this but the simplest & cheapest method would be to use resistors basically 2 of them. Read this to get an idea of what I mean, scroll down to the bottom of the page. http://www.geocities.com/btthcomics/SGw ... lypt2c.htm

The solid proof method is to buy a line level converter. You can get them from any place that sells car stereo equipment.