Need some help with a VP1 USA Region PCB

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
gunbird18

Need some help with a VP1 USA Region PCB

Post by gunbird18 »

Help!

I ended up getting a junk VP1 pcb off of ebay (seller said it was working, and I bought without seeing a pic of the game in play, I was not using the common sense part of my brain). Sooooo....

I was wondering if I can send the cart and mobo to someone with a USA region mobo and cart setup to see if it is just the mobo or the cart that is wonky. Or if I happen to really be screwed, maybe both are junk!

It doesn't have to be someone in the Midwest, I would like that, but it can be anyone in the Continental US.

I basically just get a yellowish/blackish screen when I boot up the pcb, no sound, no picture. I am running it in an Egret II cab. My other pcbs work just fine. Let me know if you would like to help a brother out!

Thanks!
gunbird18
"When you can say you love shooting games, I get the sense you’re no longer a normal person. (laughs)" - S. Yagawa
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The call to check your ailing USA region Viper Phase 1 U.S.A. cart and SP1 mobo is here to the rescue.

I've got both JPN and USA region Seibu Kaihatsu SP1 mobos at my disposal for testing/playing SP1 carts. ^_~

Just PM me and we'll go from there, gunbird18. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~